PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!

wht_blue_300ex
03-21-2002, 11:08 PM
my 300ex is bogging out every time i go ride. the shop told me to rejet so i had it rejetted but it still boggs. they said i have a sort and i had them look for it. they worked on it for a few hours sent it home saying it is good but it still bogs. it runsgood until it gets warmed up and then it starts bogging. i heard know its electrical and its the cdi going out. im sick of puting money in it and its not running. does someone have an idea of the problem. please any info would be helpful

RideRed400StYlE
03-22-2002, 06:42 AM
Clean your carb out, and your air filter. sounds to me like you arent getting enough air. that would work like a choke if the air wasnt getting in, it would run fine when cold but when it warms up it would be craving more air and not getting it therefore bogging out on you. you could also have a plugged jet in your carb. Check your spark plug too

05-31-2002, 02:53 PM
if you have a stock pipe you should check it for carbon build up and maybe you might have a problem with your magneto have you tried putting parts off a friends 300ex on yours you might be able to find the problem this way hope you get yours fixed P.S. hi ben from welly:devil

4punksdad
05-31-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by blk_red_300ex
if you have a stock pipe you should check it for carbon build up and maybe you might have a problem with your magneto have you tried putting parts off a friends 300ex on yours you might be able to find the problem this way hope you get yours fixed P.S. hi ben from welly:devil

edit your profile please.

1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
2. Leave the flamers to the moderators, don't respond.
3. You can discuss the virtues or shortcomings of any products, organizations, or companies in a polite, factual manner
without malice.
4. Have some fun, learn, and enjoy your hobby.
5. Please refrain from swearing or making sexual references.

RED121572
05-31-2002, 08:03 PM
Take your thumper back to the shop and request it be serviced again at no extra charge. If they dont consider your offer, tell them that you will contact an attorney.

Think about, they are pretty much stealing your money.

-=Skot=-
06-01-2002, 12:34 AM
choke stuck open, spark plug, dirty carb, clean your air filter or get a new one, maybe drill some holes in your airbox, ahh dunno:confused: