PDA

View Full Version : Got a pic of PEP steering damper on 400EX?

dawnchris
05-26-2004, 05:23 PM
Anybody got a pic of a PEP steering damper on a 400EX? I've got one used, and "think" I know how it mounts, but I'de like to be sure. I'm guessing one end mounts to the slot in the left motor mount, and it goes up over the oil tank to the stem. Lil' help???

muff
05-26-2004, 07:44 PM
your assumptions are correct, sorry i dont have any pictures for ya tho

Quadzilla
05-26-2004, 08:21 PM
There was a thread about a month or so ago that had pics. Do a search. I can tell you this. Mount the one end in the motor-mount at the top of the slot and the other on the steering stem. Just make sure the mounts clear the oil cooler and also allow the steering to hit the locks (go all the way) left to right without having the dampner stop it. That's about it in a nut-shell. I also would put it on the highest setting right out of the gate as it's bearly enough at that setting. It's the third hole going out from the stem if I recall correctly. Somebody else confirm on the setting, it's been a long while since I put mine on.

PhilMoore
05-27-2004, 01:58 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103143&highlight=steering+dampner

dawnchris
05-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Thats what I thought it mounted like. Kinda funky if you ask me. I like the way my Denton mounts onthe 250R much better.
Thanks much everybody!!