PDA

View Full Version : FMF claims some 4-stroke credability

RMX500
05-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Well I've always hated on FMF after they bombed out on all their 4-stroke attempts. They know 2-stroke stuff really well but they never really got it down for 4-strokes.

My mind has been changed, in part. After I wrecked my LTE's I needed something new on my quad and didn't have the money to replace them at $716.

I went to FMF and got the latest Titanium4 SL which is annodized in a wicked blue. That and the Hi-Flow header bolted up relatively easy.. though not as easy as say a WB (Pure Polaris) pipe would.

I have not had a chance to do any dyno's but I can feel the power increase. I noticed that I don't have quite the torque I had with LTE's but I can't really feel the horsepower difference so I presume it's maybe 1-2 hp difference which I can remedy once I get a new intake installed. (Good thing I kept my stock airbox stuff)

Anyways, yeah. Point of the post is if you're looking for a 4-stroke pipe in the good price range, FMF Titanium4 SL is pretty hardcore good. Ran it for about 5 hours and all was well. It looks a lot better than just about anything except a Titanium Yoshimura or a set of LTE's.

pnut420
05-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Sweet, but I would get an HMF or HMF balance series, great power and they look awesome and are built tuff.

RMX500
05-26-2004, 06:15 PM
well as far as the Predator goes the HMF isn't as good as it is with some other machines. I really like the way the FMF is annodized too, it looks really hot.

if HMF had the same look i'd take it. for some reason I really don't like the look of the ballance pipe. It's at the bottom of my list as far as looks go along with LRD and Sparks, even though they are good pipes I can't have an ugly pipe.

flyin#5
05-26-2004, 06:27 PM
why do you have a pipe on there? isnt that just more wieght? i think you should take it off to save a couple pounds. :rolleyes:

RMX500
05-26-2004, 06:33 PM
why don't you hop on your entry level quad and leave for a few?

nacs400ex
05-26-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by RMX500
It's at the bottom of my list as far as looks go along with LRD and Sparks, even though they are good pipes I can't have an ugly pipe.

If you cant own an ugly pipe, then why do you have an ugly predator? I can see your advantage to going to the FMF pipe though. The weight difference is incredible compared to the LTE's. I guess that should give you maybe 27.3 mph increase on topend?:)

cals400ex
05-26-2004, 06:58 PM
well if you think you really gained something out of the fmf i would put that on the dyno along with the lte, sparks, and hmf just to see how it does. i would shi% a brick if the fmf out did them all...........

K_Fulk
05-26-2004, 08:30 PM
I would use rosie odonnel for a pipe if it made my quad faster then the next . :blah:

TC426EX
05-26-2004, 08:34 PM
I have been an FMF hater when it comes to four strokes for years now... I never thought I would say it, but (gasp) I LIKE the titanium and factory pro systems by FMF. Granted I would never buy one, ( I ONLY use sparks or TC for exhausts), I too, believe they are at least headed in the right direction for thumpers finally. What they really need to do is come out with a MEGAMAX PRO series edition, that thing would dyno off the charts!!! LOL!!!!

05-27-2004, 06:16 AM

I went to FMF and got the latest Titanium4 SL which is annodized in a wicked blue. That and the Hi-Flow header bolted up relatively easy.. though not as easy as say a WB (Pure Polaris) pipe would.

Shoulda went with the powerbong over the hi flow header....:muscle:

UglyMotha™
05-27-2004, 06:37 AM
hey what was the name of that one kid from carolina that constantly lied his butt off and had several different names and talked to himself and broke his pelvis and stuff

ryanh250ex
05-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
hey what was the name of that one kid from carolina that constantly lied his butt off and had several different names and talked to himself and broke his pelvis and stuff

uhhhhhhh.......what? :huh

zephead400ex
05-27-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
I would use rosie odonnel for a pipe if it made my quad faster then the next . :blah:

you wouldnt' get any power gain, just a lot louder:blah:

RMX: how did you wreck your LTE exhaust:eek2: Whatever it was, it was a pricey screw up.

Doibugu2
05-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Did you test of 1-2 HP with the seat on or off? Because that will make a huge difference.

I like how you started your post with how good the pipe was, then at the end your like, well I got it because it looks cooler than the rest. Clearly that special blue coating FMF puts on there makes it faster too!:rolleyes:

UglyMotha™
05-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by ryanh250ex
uhhhhhhh.......what? :huh

well i just think that rmx and his 83 mph predator are a joke and he's starting to remind alot of that kid, maybe it's even him:o

MrTrendy1
05-27-2004, 11:17 AM
well i just think that rmx and his 83 mph predator are a joke and he's starting to remind alot of that kid, maybe it's even him:o

83mph predator? Is that turbo charged? Or does he has like 20lbs of stickers? Maybe it can go that fast cause he runs without a seat?? Just to think, I almost bought a predator back last November but was talked out of it and got a EX this spring instead. BEST DECISION MADE! Like the Sam Adams commercial, "Always a good decision!".

flyin#5
05-28-2004, 01:30 PM
why don't you hop on your entry level quad and leave for a few?

entry level huh? maybe stock, but not anymore.

Jingle #11
05-28-2004, 03:41 PM
i agree with the orginal post about the 4 banger pipes all i see on the new bikes are the powercore 4. seems to be the best.

Syrus
05-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Did you test of 1-2 HP with the seat on or off? Because that will make a huge difference.

I like how you started your post with how good the pipe was, then at the end your like, well I got it because it looks cooler than the rest. Clearly that special blue coating FMF puts on there makes it faster too!:rolleyes:

lmao ! i was just gonna say that.

ewalker302
05-28-2004, 03:59 PM

Exactly what i was thinkiing (they must be cousins).

I stopped paying attention to this guys BS posts a month ago, he makes up some worthless predator thread everyday it seems.

:bandit:

ryanh250ex
05-31-2004, 09:10 PM

i always thought that RMX was that guy that was/is on here....desert something. he had a 426EX i think and then he bought a predator.......apparently i'm wrong, though...:confused: