PDA

View Full Version : fuel screw adj. help

kineo3
05-26-2004, 07:31 AM
Hello folks,

I was wondering if someone can confirm the location of this notorious fuel screw location. It is my understnading it is located in the same general location on the 450r as it was on the 400ex. That being said, If you look at the picture in the tech section titled installing a pilot jet...... can someone please tell me if this little bugger is visable in any of the photos. I think I know which one it is but I need confirmation. Please help me, I twisted myself in a knot last night trying to find this @#$%*& thing. I have the hrc 450r and I think this may need a little tweaking. I have little faith in my local honda shop, considering they had know idea what the hrc kit was, and sold me the wrong oil filter for my new girl.

Thanks!!

lukester720
05-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Its in front of where you but the main jet in, towards the front of the carb, on the very bottom. Its a brass screw and you will have to tilt the carb sideways or use a offset screwdriver to get to it.

snow4fun
05-27-2004, 07:20 AM
Lukester720 is right. I adjusted mine last night and it is towards the front of the carb and it points straight down. I was able to work a small craftsman screwdriver up from the bottom and get it adjusted without turning the carb. It is the only brass screw that I can see on the bottom of the carb. I adjusted mine out 1/4 of a turn as I was getting a popping/backfiring noise when I let off of fullthrottle real fast. They say this is a lean condition and by turning this out 1/4 or 1/2 of a turn it should help. I haven't rode it yet to see. Good luck... Scott

kineo3
06-01-2004, 07:24 AM
Found it, adjusted it, worked great. Thanks for the help, this forum and the people rock.