PDA

View Full Version : gust on yfz

Berry
05-25-2004, 09:45 PM
just imagine if doug got a yfz, i wonder how much faster he would be!! man, thats scary....but you never know, he might be slower. ive always pondered on that thought:confused:

Fred55
05-25-2004, 09:47 PM
why would he be any slower?

roostin_dale
05-25-2004, 09:52 PM
I've thought about that too. But he might be more comfortable on a z400. We'll just wait and see what suzuki comes out with!

Mxjunkie
05-25-2004, 09:55 PM
yeah suzuki is coming out with their new 450 dirtbike soo maybe a 450 quad is in the works

RMX500
05-25-2004, 09:57 PM
i'm waiting impatiently to see if Dinli can get their shiot together. They brought a poorly assembled sport quad on utility tires with nice plastic to show.. maybe they can get something together soon for a test. I'm hyped. EFI is a beautiful thing.

FourFiftyFour
05-25-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by RMX500
i'm waiting impatiently to see if Dinli can get their shiot together. They brought a poorly assembled sport quad on utility tires with nice plastic to show.. maybe they can get something together soon for a test. I'm hyped. EFI is a beautiful thing.

EFI sux on a quad, if the dinlis will be anything like cannondale then they will be a hunk of junk

Berry
05-25-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by RMX500

dinli? man you think they could come out with a quad to keep up with the technology of all these new quads????? honda and yamaha have been around decades, i dont think dinli could catch up after all these years!

FourFiftyFour
05-26-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Berry
dinli? man you think they could come out with a quad to keep up with the technology of all these new quads????? honda and yamaha have been around decades, i dont think dinli could catch up after all these years!

any company that wants to try to get a cannondale like quad running right and have the majority of them run like normal quads is absolutely dumb. those quads are the most unreliable, you dont know if u got a good one or a lemon, and trust me there are a lot of lemons out there. dinli has their work cut out for them, i dont see them doing much to make that quad run worth a flip.

05-26-2004, 06:27 AM
I'd be willing to bet that Gusts zuki pumps out more HP than the yammies...:macho

roostin_dale
05-26-2004, 08:00 AM
CDaleChick..i have never seen any one have as many problems as you have with that damn dale! I think you just have some bad luck, cannondales are very nice quads. Mine has never had one failure except for the chain breaking and the battery dies sometimes!

ABM-Cannibal
05-26-2004, 09:36 AM
CDaleChick, you need to look at what Jeff@the quad shop is riding. It is a ATK Cannondale based quad that is giving every Jap bike a run for their money. If Dinli can do the same at a competitive price, im sure they will do great. Just my 2 cents.

cdalejef
05-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
any company that wants to try to get a cannondale like quad running right and have the majority of them run like normal quads is absolutely dumb. those quads are the most unreliable, you dont know if u got a good one or a lemon, and trust me there are a lot of lemons out there. dinli has their work cut out for them, i dont see them doing much to make that quad run worth a flip. You need to mention that the bike was used when you bought it and the person you bought it from had no idea what they were doing with it. Cannodales have been the most reliable quads I've ever owned!

05-26-2004, 10:24 AM
The Denli...........:huh

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/2004_dealershow/denliquad.jpg

The ATK..........:muscle:

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/2004_dealershow/jeffsquad.jpg

roostin_dale
05-26-2004, 10:27 AM
Im sorry to change the subject, but Jeff, I have heard you are coming up to Casey this weekend to race? is that true?

cdalejef
05-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
Im sorry to change the subject, but Jeff, I have heard you are coming up to Casey this weekend to race? is that true? I don't know anything about it...whats the scoop?

roostin_dale
05-26-2004, 10:34 AM
I've just heard a few people say "So, I hear Jeff Stoes and Bill Ballance are going to the Casey HareScramble on Monday" Thats all I really know, I tohught it would be cool to meet you!

Berry
05-26-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Rico
The Denli...........:huh

hahaaaaa!

why do they even waste there time?

cdalejef
05-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Well, if its on monday then I can't go.

roostin_dale
05-26-2004, 10:40 AM
thats too bad this weekend is

Saturday-Grass Track
Sunday-Motocross
Monday-MX and HS (Memorial Day)

Quad18star
05-26-2004, 10:59 AM
I'd be willing to bet that Gusts zuki pumps out more HP than the yammies...:macho Comming from a Yammy owner ... I must agree. Yosh and Suzuki go hand in hand , sorta like Rico and Beer . I'd like to see true dyno results of how much HP Gust's Suzuki is putting out . Anyone have any numbers or guesses???

Scottie Mac
05-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Power gets holeshots, riders win races. Ever wonder why GUst hardly ever pulls a holeshot? He is usually 4th, 5th at the first turn. Farr, Ellis, Natalie all have more holeshots than Gust, but Gust still wins, race after race. Why? Because he is the BEST RIDER, PERIOD. He can come from anywhere to win a race. Put him on the Yamaha or the Honda and he would still be winning. Take some of the other riders and put them on his Suzuki, they would still be losing as long as Gust was in the race.

Scott

Berry
05-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac
Power gets holeshots, riders win races. Ever wonder why GUst hardly ever pulls a holeshot? He is usually 4th, 5th at the first turn. Farr, Ellis, Natalie all have more holeshots than Gust, but Gust still wins, race after race. Why? Because he is the BEST RIDER, PERIOD. He can come from anywhere to win a race. Put him on the Yamaha or the Honda and he would still be winning. Take some of the other riders and put them on his Suzuki, they would still be losing as long as Gust was in the race.

Scott

i agree 110%!

roostin_dale
05-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac

Scott

a good example of that is Michigan. In the second moto Doug wrecked in the holeshot and still finished 3rd (1st overall, again).

cody anderson
05-26-2004, 12:50 PM
I don't know dude... I rode Doug's bike last Friday at Red Bud and the thing is awesome. You don't even feel braking bumps, it feels like the ground is smooth! It has a lot of good pwer too.

05-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by cody anderson
You don't even feel braking bumps, it feels like the ground is smooth!

Thanks to ELKA......:muscle:

Scottie Mac
05-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by cody anderson
I don't know dude... I rode Doug's bike last Friday at Red Bud and the thing is awesome. You don't even feel braking bumps, it feels like the ground is smooth! It has a lot of good pwer too.

I didnt say the quad wasn't awesome, I just said that it is interesting that he NEVER pulls holeshots, but always finds a way to win. And that would be because he is an AWESOME rider.

I can only imagine how well his machine handles with Elka working 24/7 on his set up. Being a PRO has it's perks, especially a factory backed pro.

Scott

05-26-2004, 07:17 PM
just like the nascar racers who usually poll for first place at the beginning usually never win the race at the end...

trick450r
05-26-2004, 07:25 PM
just imagine if doug got a yfz, i wonder how much faster he would be!! man, thats scary....but you never know, he might be slower. ive always pondered on that thought

You think he'd be fast on that imagine how fast he'd be on a 450r :D j/p

NTPracing22
05-26-2004, 07:32 PM
that z450 probably has more balls than a 450r or yfz put together! lol...maybe not, but he rides it like it does!

TCracin440ex
05-26-2004, 07:33 PM
i kno 1 thing...that dinli quad is uglier than home-made soap

NTPracing22
05-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
i kno 1 thing...that dinli quad is uglier than home-made soap

hahah, good call. I'd clean my toilet with either though

Out_Sider
05-26-2004, 07:49 PM

does it feel like it has more power than your yfz? i think that Dougs z is the koolest thing ever, any one that can take an "outdated" quad and smoke the hell outta the new stuff has my props!

05-26-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
does it feel like it has more power than your yfz? i think that Dougs z is the koolest thing ever, any one that can take an "outdated" quad and smoke the hell outta the new stuff has my props! why would you say the Z is outdated? its actually has alotta everything the new yfz & 450r's have except engine size

popo
05-26-2004, 10:21 PM
I'd be willing to bet that Gusts zuki pumps out more HP than the yammies...:macho

Or any Honda......:devil:

cody anderson
05-27-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
does it feel like it has more power than your yfz? i think that Dougs z is the koolest thing ever, any one that can take an "outdated" quad and smoke the hell outta the new stuff has my props!

They feel close, they are both 450's though... They should feel close.