PDA

View Full Version : Profab atv

stonerider250x
05-25-2004, 05:10 PM
im gettin my motor fully rebuilt soon by profab with a 295 big bore. the kit comes with the sleeve, high comp piston, cam, gaskets, rocker arms, valve springs, port and polish job, heavy duty clutch springs, and modified cdi box all for about 1350$. can i get a better deal than this some where else? and does profab do a good job building the motors?

xcyfz450
05-25-2004, 06:02 PM
he does a great job building motors i know personaly of quite a few that are strong

turnandburn
05-25-2004, 10:25 PM
scott does very good work should be getting my 416 parts back shortly. Hes running a little slower than he did before because he is not doing it full time now,just email scott to get aprox. turn around.

F-16Guy
05-26-2004, 10:31 AM
My 416 pulls pretty hard. It's probably not the fastest bike on Earth with the stage 1 cam, stock carb, and no porting, but it is pretty much bulletproof! Just a word of advice: If you ever get any crank work done (I had a Carrillo rod installed), you may consider someone else. Scott ships his crank work to Powroll in Oregon, and you get to pay the hefty shipping charge. On the bright side, Powroll does awesome work. All in all, I'm happy with the results.

stonerider250x
05-26-2004, 11:25 AM
well it dont look like im gonna ship it to profab no more cuz my dad wants to build it himself. i think we r still gonna order the sleeve and piston from profab and get it installed at the local machine shop along w/ a port and polish job and 3 angle valve job and get the valve holes bored 1mm bigger . then we will put in a cam/clutch/rocker arms/over sized valves and h/d valve springs our selves. i still would like to send it to scott but i guess if we do it our selves we will get more for our money and be able to replace worn out parts like a cam chain. plus we wont have to pay for shipping

thanks for every ones input anyways;)