PDA

View Full Version : Koontz Harescramble, Mtn Top?

400exvet
05-25-2004, 08:08 AM
Anyone been there and/or going? I was looking for a race this weekend and this one looks pretty interesting. I have heard Pappy say good things about this series. It looks like about a 4 hour ride for us from northern md.. Is it easy to find? What is the typical turnout for quads?

Pappy
05-25-2004, 08:48 AM
We havent run this particulair course, but from what Im told its decent. Alot like Tomahawk from what I can put together without the MX track. Fast riders and a good time!

We may go up saturday night and camp but not 100% on that as of now.

www.koontzadventures.com is the web addy and the directions are usually pretty good

05-25-2004, 09:12 AM
I would also like to know the track layout. will it be more tight and technical than The Summersville round?

Pappy
05-25-2004, 09:24 AM
Nathan, i'd say its about like the Penton with a few more rocks

05-25-2004, 09:56 AM
Thanks pappy I am wanting to try to make it up for that. I need to find someone else to go with me though!

Pappy
05-25-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by GNCCer
Thanks pappy I am wanting to try to make it up for that. I need to find someone else to go with me though!

I know Pappa Fro was considering it

BSTURDIVANT
05-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Take as many tires as you can load up! It is a fast track but rocky. It depends on which way the track is ran but you could in counter a huge swamp or hillclimb around any turn. This is a good practice track for the Wisp GNCC. I am going to watch but dont feel like tearin' my bike or self up this weekend. Good Luck

MotoXC33
05-25-2004, 05:00 PM
I'll be there along with "Chino". There are at least three different layouts for this course. It's rocky, but it's still alot of fun. You just have to pay attention to the way you ride your line and not cut a tire. On a nice day mid season I'd say there should be around 50 quads. It changes with weather and if there are other races scheduled for that weekend. Hope to see ya there.

Cannonball08
05-27-2004, 04:03 AM
very rocky, the only time I run there I came away with three flat tires and two square rims. LOL