PDA

View Full Version : i wrecked on my quad yesterday

exkid04
05-24-2004, 11:52 PM
i went off a jump and my 300 poped straight up and down and landed like that and i hit my chin on my handlebars and hit my knee on my grab bar i think but i ended up spraining my legement on the side of my right knee.

jaywoodsrider
05-25-2004, 12:02 AM
Sorry to hear that, i did the same thing, what's wrong with the quad.

stonerider250x
05-25-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by exkid04
i went off a jump and my 300 poped straight up and down and landed like that and i hit my chin on my handlebars and hit my knee on my grab bar i think but i ended up spraining my legement on the side of my right knee.

i did the same thing last saturday in my race a boken wrist and concusion were my injuries. hope u and ur quad are ok.

exkid04
05-25-2004, 12:54 AM
me and my quad are fine i just have to rest for a while

kruzofman
05-26-2004, 10:20 AM
oh man, well u were lemping pretty bad at school the other day, are you going to go riding this weekend:)

05-26-2004, 10:36 AM
my friend did that on his recon...we talked him into doing a wheelie off a small jump that lands on flat....hilarious

05-26-2004, 03:33 PM
that sux i got stuck in the mud yesterday up to my thigh cause i went thru the wrong part so after 2 hours of pullin pushin i said f it and took my key out and walked to my neighbors house and he pulled me out wit his truck

but wrecking sux more

FTR250Rnif
05-26-2004, 03:45 PM
That suks man.. glad to see ur ok
;)

416mx
05-27-2004, 02:42 PM
Talk about wrecks, This is my first post since i wercked.
It was the first race of the season March 7, First lap over the finish line step up, Got in the air and a big gust of wind caught my back fenders and blew me over forwards. I was probally 15ft in the air and flew 30 ft before i hit the ground.
Here's the bad news, i broke c5 in my neck pulled my left leg out of socket, broke the top of my femer and the back of my hip socket out. I know have 2 rods and 6 screws in my neck, and a strap and 5 screws in my hip.:mad: Now the thing i loved most (racing) i can't do any more. So everyone please be careful and ride safe. I'm lucky to be alive and not paralyzed.

416mx
05-28-2004, 04:01 PM
bump

05-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by 416mx
Talk about wrecks, This is my first post since i wercked.
It was the first race of the season March 7, First lap over the finish line step up, Got in the air and a big gust of wind caught my back fenders and blew me over forwards. I was probally 15ft in the air and flew 30 ft before i hit the ground.
Here's the bad news, i broke c5 in my neck pulled my left leg out of socket, broke the top of my femer and the back of my hip socket out. I know have 2 rods and 6 screws in my neck, and a strap and 5 screws in my hip.:mad: Now the thing i loved most (racing) i can't do any more. So everyone please be careful and ride safe. I'm lucky to be alive and not paralyzed.

so you cant race ever again?? either way that sux!:(

SHOCKER
05-28-2004, 05:21 PM
ouch sorry to hear about both your wrecks,

i kased a 20ft double last weekend, not good, i almost went over the bars but i saved it, my wrist and my thumbs were killing me, i didnt do any doublkes that day, but i did do all the tables and step-ups, im glad i dont live near mud, i wouldnt touch it, long live the sand :)

kicken250x
05-28-2004, 10:56 PM
ive been fairly lucky, all ive done is sprained my ankles and wrist, poped my knees out of joint, crused my right hand, and cracked a few ribs while riding my wheele. for the way i ride i dont understand how thats all ive done. but ive wrecked *** on a bike...the other day i was doing a stall where you land on your back tire on a rail off a ramp then jump back in on the ramp... ive done it a bunch befor so i tried it on a 4 ft rail ontop of a12ft box off a 4 1/2 ft quarter pipe and the first few times i fell backwards onto the box then i fell over the back and landed on a pile of wood from 16 ft in the air. i layed there for a while cussing cause my back hurt. then got up and tried it again when my back cooled off and landed it after another 13 trys. i got really lucky, everyone that saw it said if i would have been tilted about 3 inches down i would have landed on my neck and that almost never turns out good... doing any "extreme" (i dont consider wheeling or BMX an extreme sport but many do) sport comes with its risks. u just have to learn to prepair for them. im glad to hear everyone is going to be ok coming off their wrecks. 416mx will you never be able to race again because you got hurt so bad your body just wont bend right anymore or are you scared now? (im not calling you a ***** if thats why because that would scare the HELL out of me to where i dont think id want to race anymore..)

416mx
05-29-2004, 01:43 PM
I will probally be able to play ride and trail ride , but i can't take the risk of of breaking my neck again by racing again.
Believe me if there was a way i could race again and be guarenteed not to break my neck again , i'd be there.
It's just not worth being dead over,or paralized. But i still love 4 wheelers and racing. It's a great sport, so ride have fun and be careful.