PDA

View Full Version : Sand Mt dammage

jmpulse
05-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Well, this last weekend my wife and I had a blast at Sand Mt NV. The sand was perfict, and the 450R was pulling the sand nicely.

I did manage to pull off some massive air, totally by accident! On the first night, I was flying along in 4th gear, and missed judged the top of the dune. I flew somwhere between 80-100 feet in the air, and no idea of hight. I actually managed to land this one!

Now for the disaster of the 450R. My wife fell in love with it, so she was riding it. We were on one of trails that go up to the memorial site, and she caught a rock with one of the paddles. It flipped back on to the rear grab bar, sat there for a few seconds, and then flipped over backwards onto my wife. She is ok, just a big bruise on her ribs.

With this little flip, the grab bar managed to get ripped off the quad, tearing the LED tail light in many peices. The rear plastic got a rather large chunk taken out of it by the grab bar. The exaust tip got a slight bend into it, and the front brake handle broke off right at the m/c.

So now on a really tight buget I need to get the R back looking good. I am planning on making a new grab that hopefully take more than one light wreck. Does anyone have the LED taillight that they would part with? How about the brake handle peice that is attatched to the master cylinder, and that the lever attaches to?

Thank You for your time!

Jody

twisted threads
05-25-2004, 10:26 AM
Me and my brother just put a new grab bar on his 450r because he broke his off the first ride he had the bike. We welded the stock one back up then last week he broke it again so he just got a new one.... not a new stock 450r grab bar he got a AC grab bar this time.

TRX45OR
05-25-2004, 11:23 AM
I RIPPED THE BOLT HOLES OUT OF MINE JUST GOT A NEW PRM BAR TO DAY IT IS SWEET AND HAS BIGGER TUBING.

05-25-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by TRX45OR
I RIPPED THE BOLT HOLES OUT OF MINE JUST GOT A NEW PRM BAR TO DAY IT IS SWEET AND HAS BIGGER TUBING. IS IT NECESARY TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS!?!?!?!? anyays, the stock grab bar looks to be made so that it bends very easy but I would rather have my grab bar bend then my frame...if you order a very strong grabbar be prepared for your frame to bend your next mishap...Just my 2 cents

red2004 TRX450R
05-25-2004, 12:24 PM
YOU CAN GET A LIGHT ON EBAY FOR NEXT TO NOTHING!!!! I HAVE SEEN LIKE 50 OR SO SENCE THE R CAME OUT!!!

jmpulse
05-25-2004, 12:44 PM
I took a look on e-bay, and only saw one, and they wanted somewhere near $60 for it! I would rather pay $72, and not have to deal with e-bay. I can't even see paying that much anyways! I can also understand having the grab bar break before the sub-frame, but this is insane. There were two light scrapes in the bar, no dents, and it broke in three places. Plus the fact that the light broke too, becomes too expensive for me to repair, every time I wheelie over.

My 400EX has crashed many times way harder than that, and all I have had to show is two bent handlebars ($15 eack), and a cracked rear light lense.

I am going to make a strong grab bar, and replace the front break lever, and how someone will be nice enought to give me a good deal on their light that they don't use anymore. Otherwise, I think that I might have to create something that will work.

Jody

05-25-2004, 02:02 PM
look on the for sale forum for a used tail light for the 450r..some racer will have it sitting around & would prob. be more than happy to get rid of it for cheap as with most parts racers dont need....yes, the grab bar on the 450r is very weak & you can get a strong one for if your just doing wheelies & tend to go backwards..i have yet to go back on a wheelie so I dont know exactly how weak it is but the metal seems to be weak. make a stronger one yourself & save alot of money

jmpulse
05-31-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
look on the for sale forum for a used tail light for the 450r..some racer will have it sitting around & would prob. be more than happy to get rid of it for cheap as with most parts racers dont need....yes, the grab bar on the 450r is very weak & you can get a strong one for if your just doing wheelies & tend to go backwards..i have yet to go back on a wheelie so I dont know exactly how weak it is but the metal seems to be weak. make a stronger one yourself & save alot of money

I am going to make a grab bar myself, and it will cost nothing to do.

Does anyone have a tail light cheap?

Jody

lukester720
06-01-2004, 01:34 PM
I will sell you mine for 50 bucks shipping included. If you want it send me a PM with your Phone # and we can exchange adresses.