PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change.......from Rider11x

RIDER11X
05-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Well, I made a decision that was not an easy one...........I will be leaving the sport quad scene as far as participation is concerned, due to a couple of very close brushes with serious injury lately. I see it as I'm stepping out while the going is good. I plan to sell my 400ex to get a Grizzly 660 as a woods cruiser, to get me out on the leisure rides here and there, to haul some camera equipment to get pics to post of quad stuff, and to run around when pitting for the friends that are still in the racing scene. So I still plan to be active in the sport, just not flying though the woods taking the chances that I have been. I just posted this thread so people that know me from here don't wonder what happened to me.:cool:

bradley300
05-25-2004, 12:04 AM
i'm sure getting out of racing is hard, but we need more people like pappy! so learn what ya can and we expect good pics from all the races your goin too!

RIDER11X
05-25-2004, 12:14 AM
Absolutely! I love the sport too much to abandon it, even though I won't be racing I want to stay involved. The friends I've made, and the great times with great people have mostly stemed from this sport, and I won't give that up!
I feel as though I've been given that friendly tap on the shoulder saying it's time to hang it up before disaster strikes. I may be selling my machine, but I still will be the guy behind the camera at races and events, or the guy with the wrench helping out my buds that are still racing. And will still be on the forum, as long as you all don't mind me riding a Grizzly.:p

Pappy
05-25-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
i'm sure getting out of racing is hard, but we need more people like pappy! so learn what ya can and we expect good pics from all the races your goin too!

:grr: i aint done acting like a jackass:mad:

i just dont do it for a trophy:o :devil:

RIDER11X
05-25-2004, 08:45 AM
One of my recent close calls was a 3" diameter log on the trail that had one end droken off to resemble a point......The point sliced the top of my riding boot and riding pants, deflected off of the side panel of my gas tank, went between the tank and my seat, through the seat pan, through the seat foam, through the seat cover, to to stab me in the leg right next to the jewels.:eek2: During all of this, I was wound up in 3rd gear coming out of a nicely rounded corner in the woods, so momentum was definitly present! I promptly slid to a stop and started patting around to acess to damage, then took a walk down in the woods to make sure everything was OK, and it was, a red mark was about all it was, but wow could that have been bad.....Seat pans are exceptionally tough, and it went through like it was nothing at all!:eek:

Pappy
05-25-2004, 08:51 AM
thats nuttin:o

4th gear pinned.......a tree at head level across the trail:o almost made me famous:p

LTandRaptorider
05-25-2004, 01:11 PM
What? So now everyone will just be laughing at the idiotic things I do?:o :blah: Well, when I get that tap on the shoulder, I just continue to ignore it... but then I never was all that smart!;)

Can I pick out the color of the Grizzly? :p :D

quadracer511
05-25-2004, 02:30 PM
i say a pretty pink one for u

SRH
05-25-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
What? So now everyone will just be laughing at the idiotic things I do?:o :blah: Well, when I get that tap on the shoulder, I just continue to ignore it... but then I never was all that smart!;)

i do some really dumb stuff i dont have health insurace and i was riding are practice track without a helemt or any safety gear

MOFO
05-25-2004, 03:26 PM
LOL your story sounds exactly like one of my buddys...

He used to race all through the 80's and then quit racing in the early 90's (MX on bikes and trikes)... he's now a "retired racer" that did own a grizzly, now he has a Kawi V-twin...

He did try racing a couple years ago, but he realized he was gettin too old...LOL. (he is 48 now)...

05-25-2004, 05:20 PM
if you really wanna go slow & leave the racing scene then get a craptor..same engine as the slow & bad handling grizzly too...cant go wrong with either

steveatv3
05-25-2004, 05:26 PM
sorry to hear that man, i hope you dont get ragged on to bad.

For me its Ride or Die i dont ever see myself giving it up, even though i just broke 3ribs, i cant wait to get out this weekend and master my superman seat grabs.

MOFO
05-25-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
if you really wanna go slow & leave the racing scene then get a craptor..same engine as the slow & bad handling grizzly too...cant go wrong with either

your bashing is really getting old... :rolleyes:

05-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
your bashing is really getting old... :rolleyes: okay

LTandRaptorider
05-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
your bashing is really getting old... :rolleyes:

He's the only one that doesn't think so...:rolleyes:

Toadz400
05-25-2004, 06:54 PM

Wow dude, you got a warning yesterday and you still don't get the hint? Stop the bashing...seriously, it's gotten really old.

RIDER11X, that sucks that you're getting out of the racing scene, in a way, but at least you're still staying active by being there to support friends! Good luck with the pictures, if you get any good ones post them on sometime.

RIDER11X
05-26-2004, 12:10 AM

Color? Are you kidding me? You buy pink trucks! I am gonna go with either Hardwoods Camo, or Yamaha Blue. Not sure yet. Kind of leaning towards the camo though. Blue may make me want to race GNCC Utility Class. Camo will remind me why I bought a Utility.;)

lil400exman
05-26-2004, 09:06 AM
rider11X-i feel ya. i wanna still keep riding but a sport just says to me-push a little harder through that creek. a ute deosnt want to do that so i think i am getting a grz660. i like them the best out of most sport quads. i dont like kaw's build quality and i think the rincon isnt that great. so yamma-hammer it is for me!:o

FTR250Rnif
05-26-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Well, I made a decision that was not an easy one...........I will be leaving the sport quad scene as far as participation is concerned, due to a couple of very close brushes with serious injury lately.
That takes couraage! glad too see u still atay with quads tho..:D

LTandRaptorider
05-26-2004, 06:11 PM
Color? Are you kidding me? You buy pink trucks! I am gonna go with either Hardwoods Camo, or Yamaha Blue. Not sure yet. Kind of leaning towards the camo though. Blue may make me want to race GNCC Utility Class. Camo will remind me why I bought a Utility.;)

I can't help it... I like pink!:devil:

I'll have you talked out of this nonsense... after all, I'm 6 years older than you and still race and rip through the woods.;) Hope your wife doesn't read this...:eek: ummm... just kidding, I think getting a ute is a wise choice!:p I like having you pit for me anyways, nobody else gets my quad ready and fired up, while I chow down a hot sausage before a race!:D Talk about hole shot!:eek2:

ILGNCC400EX
05-26-2004, 07:27 PM

I'll have you talked out of this nonsense... after all, I'm 6 years older than you and still race and rip through the woods.;) Hope your wife doesn't read this...:eek: ummm... just kidding, I think getting a ute is a wise choice!:p I like having you pit for me anyways, nobody else gets my quad ready and fired up, while I chow down a hot sausage before a race!:D Talk about hole shot!:eek2: well those big bears i got will haul a pretty good load right bart.you will have alot of fun on it Mark you will want to race it at a GOOD MUDDY race good luck

LTandRaptorider
05-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by ILGNCC400EX
well those big bears i got will haul a pretty good load right bart.you will have alot of fun on it Mark you will want to race it at a GOOD MUDDY race good luck

Yep! And I gotta admit, I had fun riding yours. I told marc he could run in the utility class... :D

RIDER11X
05-26-2004, 11:38 PM

I'll have you talked out of this nonsense... after all, I'm 6 years older than you and still race and rip through the woods.;) Hope your wife doesn't read this...:eek: ummm... just kidding, I think getting a ute is a wise choice!:p I like having you pit for me anyways, nobody else gets my quad ready and fired up, while I chow down a hot sausage before a race!:D Talk about hole shot!:eek2:

See I want to ride without needing to warm up the heating pad as soon as I come home.......Right Bart? I actually have more fun pitting for my buddies than racing myself. I guess I should have been a race mechanic for a living.........I gladly volunteer to pit for them whenever possible, and I try to let them feel like a pro for a day, with most of their mechanical issues taken care of, quad unloaded, warmed up, goggles ready, waiting with extra gloves and goggles at muddy races, etc.. Now I will have the ultimate pit machine with my new Grizzly.:cool:

SGA
05-27-2004, 04:33 AM
I gladly volunteer to pit for them whenever possible, and I try to let them feel like a pro for a day, with most of their mechanical issues taken care of, quad unloaded, warmed up, goggles ready, waiting with extra gloves and goggles at muddy races, etc.. :)

LTandRaptorider
05-27-2004, 08:05 AM
See I want to ride without needing to warm up the heating pad as soon as I come home.......Right Bart? I actually have more fun pitting for my buddies than racing myself. I guess I should have been a race mechanic for a living.........I gladly volunteer to pit for them whenever possible, and I try to let them feel like a pro for a day, with most of their mechanical issues taken care of, quad unloaded, warmed up, goggles ready, waiting with extra gloves and goggles at muddy races, etc.. Now I will have the ultimate pit machine with my new Grizzly.:cool:

I like using a heating pad... makes me think I have a warm body beside me...:o

Looking forward to having you in the pits again. And a grizzly sure would come in handy next time I get stuck in a mudhole... I won't have to take the truck off-road to pull it out!:p

RIDER11X
05-27-2004, 09:16 AM
I like using a heating pad... makes me think I have a warm body beside me...:o

Looking forward to having you in the pits again. And a grizzly sure would come in handy next time I get stuck in a mudhole... I won't have to take the truck off-road to pull it out!:p

I was thinking of Racks for toolbox, cooler, bag chairs,........:devil:

LTandRaptorider
05-27-2004, 10:10 AM
I was thinking of Racks for toolbox, cooler, bag chairs,........:devil:

And how about packing more than ONE beer next time!:rolleyes:

But don't give me any until after we're done riding...:o :p

blackraptor01
05-28-2004, 09:24 PM
Mark all this talk of Utes is making me cringe!!!! I guess you won't want to ride sunday...Hey you can pit on the cannondale any time you like.....I lost the urge to work on them not to ride em..LoL!!

LTandRaptorider
05-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by blackraptor01
Mark all this talk of Utes is making me cringe!!!! I guess you won't want to ride sunday...Hey you can pit on the cannondale any time you like.....I lost the urge to work on them not to ride em..LoL!!

Marc said his days of ripping through the woods are over... guess I'll have to find some kids to ride with! :p

RIDER11X
05-28-2004, 11:20 PM
Well guys and girls, I thought I had talked myself out of endangering myself for thrills....:eek: But, it may not be true. Today my wife and I went to look at Utes, and all I can say is this is not gonna fly with me.......I can't do it!:mad: The 400 is staying, and I had a legnthly conversation with a person that will be modding my motor as soon as I get some bills paid off. All I got to say is Rider11x is back in sport mode, and is planning future mods as we speak!:macho

Ryan
05-28-2004, 11:24 PM
Well guys and girls, I thought I had talked myself out of endangering myself for thrills....:eek: But, it may not be true. Today my wife and I went to look at Utes, and all I can say is this is not gonna fly with me.......I can't do it!:mad: The 400 is staying, and I had a legnthly conversation with a person that will be modding my motor as soon as I get some bills paid off. All I got to say is Rider11x is back in sport mode, and is planning future mods as we speak!:macho

Once your hooked, theres no turning back :macho .

Flo Bee
05-29-2004, 12:57 AM
I fell on my head, 4th gear pinned once on landing... and I'm back! Glad you thought it over. Sure would suck to be slow, wouldn't it? :)

LTandRaptorider
05-29-2004, 08:29 AM

Haven't you had this conversation with yourself already?:confused: I still forsee a grizzly in your future... your wife will tell you to be happy with it, and to STFU! :eek: :devil:

BTW... mornin Kathy, lookin wonderful today as usual, yep, I'll STFU and go sit in the corner. Do you think Marc can come out and play later? :D

RIDER11X
05-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Haven't you had this conversation with yourself already?:confused: I still forsee a grizzly in your future... your wife will tell you to be happy with it, and to STFU! :eek: :devil:

BTW... mornin Kathy, lookin wonderful today as usual, yep, I'll STFU and go sit in the corner. Do you think Marc can come out and play later? :D Did you take the rear view mirror off of the computer monitor yet?;)

LTandRaptorider
05-29-2004, 08:50 AM
Did you take the rear view mirror off of the computer monitor yet?;)

LMFAO!!! :D I jumped when I read this, and looked at it. Realized I don't need it anymore. Would you like to have it? :p

RIDER11X
05-29-2004, 08:57 AM
No need, but thanks anyway! Next spring the LT may not seem so fast anymore. A certain 400ex will be throwing a breeze across your Depends as it flys past the LT next year!!!:devil:

LTandRaptorider
05-29-2004, 09:02 AM
No need, but thanks anyway! Next spring the LT may not seem so fast anymore. A certain 400ex will be throwing a breeze across your Depends as it flys past the LT next year!!!:devil:

Bring it! :macho

I still think your quad next year will say John Deere on the side... :devil:

RIDER11X
05-29-2004, 09:24 AM
Bring it! :macho

I still think your quad next year will say John Deere on the side... :devil:

If you only knew the plan.............................:eek2: :devil:

LTandRaptorider
05-29-2004, 09:52 AM
If you only knew the plan.............................:eek2: :devil:

Likewise...

http://www.lrdperformance.com/index.html :devil:

But first I need a job... :( time to cash in some stocks...

ILGNCC400EX
05-29-2004, 09:47 PM
If you only knew the plan.............................:eek2: :devil: well get the grizz for the wife;)

RIDER11X
05-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by ILGNCC400EX
well get the grizz for the wife;)

The plan is just mildly massaging the motor during the rebuild. ..........:devil:

http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/bolt.gif

:D

jaspurx
06-13-2004, 10:05 PM
Rider11x , it sounds like you want what I am working on. 2nd test run , I snaped my chain:eek2: when I get stage #2 done I`ll have to hook you up!:devil: I guess you`ll want my " cool effect" also , the lengths I won`t go to for a friend:p

LTandRaptorider
06-13-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by jaspurx
Rider11x , it sounds like you want what I am working on. 2nd test run , I snaped my chain:eek2: when I get stage #2 done I`ll have to hook you up!:devil: I guess you`ll want my " cool effect" also , the lengths I won`t go to for a friend:p

You talking about the 'ram air intake'? I still cringe when I picture your quad tumbling back down that hill! :eek2: I got a few hills I want to try once the LT is up and running again... which will be soon. ;)

RIDER11X
06-14-2004, 06:09 AM
I got a few hills I want to try once the LT is up and running again... which will be soon. ;)

To spin to a stop at 3/4 of the way up, panic sets in, you bail off to try to hold it on the hill..............feet start sliding....quad starts to follow you down the hill.....tire catches in the hill and it rolls......you lose your grip as it rolls over top of you and knocks you to the ground and continues past you.......you jump to your feet to watch it cartwheeling down the hill counting $100 every flip...........

:devil:

Umm, been there.:p

Toadz400
06-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by lil400exman
rider11X-i feel ya. i wanna still keep riding but a sport just says to me-push a little harder through that creek. a ute deosnt want to do that so i think i am getting a grz660. i like them the best out of most sport quads. i dont like kaw's build quality and i think the rincon isnt that great. so yamma-hammer it is for me!:o

If I remember correctly, isn't lil400exman and Jumbo747 the same person? Sounds like we have another NCRedneck on our hands.

Rider11x, what did you finally decide to do? Keeping the 400 and modding it? What engine size are you going for?

RIDER11X
06-14-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
If I remember correctly, isn't lil400exman and Jumbo747 the same person? Sounds like we have another NCRedneck on our hands.

Rider11x, what did you finally decide to do? Keeping the 400 and modding it? What engine size are you going for?

I decided after alot of thinking that I can't imagine myself not being able to do alot of things because of being on a big Ute, and actually enjoy riding. And getting in a tough spot like on the side of a hill, with a 600+ lb. machine as opposed to my 400 don't seem like good sence either. So I was out on the 400 yeasterday for about 6 hours, and crashed once on some big rocks, and got up and shook it off, and kind of laughed because this is the stuff I love. Had a great time!
As for the motor, I plan to buy a new 400 this winter, and swap my accesories from this one to that one just to update a few years at minimum cost.:cool:

LTandRaptorider
06-14-2004, 12:38 PM
I decided after alot of thinking that I can't imagine myself not being able to do alot of things because of being on a big Ute, and actually enjoy riding. And getting in a tough spot like on the side of a hill, with a 600+ lb. machine as opposed to my 400 don't seem like good sence either. So I was out on the 400 yeasterday for about 6 hours, and crashed once on some big rocks, and got up and shook it off, and kind of laughed because this is the stuff I love. Had a great time!
As for the motor, I plan to buy a new 400 this winter, and swap my accesories from this one to that one just to update a few years at minimum cost.:cool:

You went riding yesterday??? I sat here all day with nothing to do...

course when I pizz you off again, you'll be back to wanting a utility... :p

jaspurx
06-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Ltandraptorider , no , no , what I am working on/testing , works a lot more efectively! Definately adds torque! The other , cools the engine oil = power.
The ram air is only a way to get air in when I gotta have the lid on my airbox! We live in the wrong climate for no lid!

So when are the 3 of us going to get on a ride together.

I am sorry I missed the ride with Marc sunday. Love riding with that guy!

RIDER11X
06-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Jaspur, we need to get out riding again soon. Now you are back online, i'll make sure you get a PM or Email next time for sure.

LTrider..................Like I said you got to let me know when you want to go, I'm never sure when you are free, so please let me know. You are always welcome to come along.......It's rough being the only quad guy whoopin up on those bikes. :p

LTandRaptorider
06-14-2004, 10:57 PM
Jaspur, we need to get out riding again soon. No you are back online, i'll make sure you get a PM or Email next time for sure.

LTrider..................Like I said you got to let me know when you want to go, I'm never sure when you are free, so please let me know. You are always welcome to come along.......It's rough being the only quad guy whoopin up on those bikes. :p

as soon as the air filter dries,and I oil it, the Raptor will be ready. And as soon as I finish putting the LT engine back together, it will be ready. I actualy did some work on it tonight! :o I'd like to go for a quick ride at Adamsburg or Sony a morning this week.

RIDER11X
06-14-2004, 11:02 PM
as soon as the air filter dries,and I oil it, the Raptor will be ready. And as soon as I finish putting the LT engine back together, it will be ready. I actualy did some work on it tonight! :o I'd like to go for a quick ride at Adamsburg or Sony a morning this week.

Not when the machines are ready, when YOU are ready......;)

LTandRaptorider
06-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Not when the machines are ready, when YOU are ready......;)

Oh... gotcha! :p

I'm ready! Everything has been organized, cans and boxes lined up in the kitchen cupboards, pictures leveled, candles and knick knacks arranged nicely... thought I had that dam cumpulsive disorder beat. :grr: :o

And there are 13 steps from the living room to the upstairs... 14 steps from the kitchen to the basement... :p at least all the ceramic tiles are the same color... :rolleyes:

RIDER11X
06-14-2004, 11:10 PM
Oh... gotcha! :p

I'm ready! Everything has been organized, cans and boxes lined up in the kitchen cupboards, pictures leveled, candles and knick knacks arranged nicely... thought I had that dam cumpulsive disorder beat. :grr: :o

And there are 13 steps from the living room to the upstairs... 14 steps from the kitchen to the basement... :p at least all the ceramic tiles are the same color... :rolleyes: I thought you were organizing your adult movie collection..........again!:devil:

LTandRaptorider
06-14-2004, 11:27 PM
I thought you were organizing your adult movie collection..........again!:devil:

those dvds look great on the plasma screen! :D

jaspurx
06-16-2004, 10:52 PM
Well guys , I was going to hit my trails. July 4th is a camping weekend I think( so far) but I never camp without the quad! It is nice to have over 200 acres to go kill a weekend and 10gals. of gas on. usually there are less than 10 of us, but then there are the drop-bys and 1 day-nighters. Always a great time for all. Other than that my summer is pretty open.
Just let me know!

LTandRaptorider
06-16-2004, 11:32 PM
Well guys , I was going to hit my trails. July 4th is a camping weekend I think( so far) but I never camp without the quad! It is nice to have over 200 acres to go kill a weekend and 10gals. of gas on. usually there are less than 10 of us, but then there are the drop-bys and 1 day-nighters. Always a great time for all. Other than that my summer is pretty open.
Just let me know!

Okey dokey, will do. And once again I'll be able to choose between riding the yellow, or blue quad! Have fun riding, be safe! ;)

jaspurx
06-20-2004, 07:34 PM
But , but , keeping safe means figuring out how to put the cahones on the shelf and out of use.

Id rather drink kerosene and take a leak on a campfire.

I go riding to have fun , not to be safe ( you silly guy! ) :rolleyes:

LTandRaptorider
06-20-2004, 08:37 PM
But , but , keeping safe means figuring out how to put the cahones on the shelf and out of use.

Id rather drink kerosene and take a leak on a campfire.

I go riding to have fun , not to be safe ( you silly guy! ) :rolleyes:

Yes and you demonstrated that last year, as parts flew off your quad as it tumbled down the hill... reminded me of the opening scenes from The Six Million Dollar Man! :eek2: :p

I just say stuff like that when I get the urge to be nice... I'm told I should do that more often... :rolleyes:

06-20-2004, 08:49 PM
wtf are you talking about toadz:huh ? im not lil400exman

jaspurx
06-20-2004, 08:59 PM
So , I guess you were being nice , I just get tired of all the safety preaching. It gets old fast.
Lets face it , if we wanted something safe , we`d would go bowling or play golf!
I just wanna have fun , so what if I risk death and dis-memberment!:eek2: ; thats fun too!

06-20-2004, 09:03 PM
i have seen injuries in both those sports..:p

jaspurx
06-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Sure , I could see it now.
Go to work tomorrow , the guys ask "what happened to you" then you say " I droped my bowling ball on my foot" , or " I hit myself with my club" :rolleyes:
If you can`t do those " sports" injury free , live in a bubble!

06-20-2004, 09:41 PM
you can hurt your back pretty easy in both those sports

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Sure , I could see it now.
Go to work tomorrow , the guys ask "what happened to you" then you say " I droped my bowling ball on my foot" , or " I hit myself with my club" :rolleyes:
If you can`t do those " sports" injury free , live in a bubble! :p You do have a valid point there! I'd rather some glory come with my injury.......:macho

batgeek
06-20-2004, 09:53 PM
i was drunk an tripped over a tee off marker :(

i also like to see how deep in the woods i can get the golf cart...nothing better than cutting trails with one of them things!

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
i was drunk an tripped over a tee off marker :(

i also like to see how deep in the woods i can get the golf cart...nothing better than cutting trails with one of them things!

Golf course personel do lack humor when it comes to a perfectly executed powerslide on the greens near the clubhouse with a cart that had the governer accidently :rolleyes: altered.:devil:

I never forget my Leatherman tool when drinking and trying to play golf.:p

Toadz400
06-20-2004, 11:07 PM
wtf are you talking about toadz:huh ? im not lil400exman

I'm pretty sure you are, I even have someone else to back it up.

I remember quite awhile back you were on the name "lil400exman", your avator was of a guy with an umbrella hat (might've been you). When you switched over to Jumbo747 your avator saying was "formerly lil400exman" or something like that.

I only have a good memory when I don't need it:p

450Racer
06-20-2004, 11:41 PM
hey this is anthony from High Point. awesome racing down there man, great time. it was nice talking to you. it's still a lot of fun to spectate and watch. i know i've been out 3 months and i've been to some races just cause i can't stand knowing that i could be racing myself that weekend. well, good luck! :)

LTandRaptorider
06-21-2004, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I'm pretty sure you are, I even have someone else to back it up.

I remember quite awhile back you were on the name "lil400exman", your avator was of a guy with an umbrella hat (might've been you). When you switched over to Jumbo747 your avator saying was "formerly lil400exman" or something like that.

I only have a good memory when I don't need it:p

Actually, he was Crazy400exman... same with my memory. :p

Toadz400
06-21-2004, 09:57 AM
Actually, he was Crazy400exman... same with my memory. :p

Yea I found that out, my bad.

jaspurx
06-25-2004, 04:57 PM
When are we going to go riding guys? July 11th?
I gotta get out and open up the throttle.

Keep the rubber side down!

LTandRaptorider
06-25-2004, 06:03 PM
When are we going to go riding guys? July 11th?
I gotta get out and open up the throttle.

I should have the LT running by then... :rolleyes: Got a race on the 9th., then maybe an mx race couple weeks after that... so it will definitely be running. Where did you have in mind to ride? I'm sure Marc would be up for it too. ;)

jaspurx
06-27-2004, 08:36 AM
Anywhere maybe. I hope to have my kids`s rides straightened out by then. Now that my boys are here full-time riding is going to be a bit off , I will not be able to hammer-down as much , or they will be lost.
I got a 125 , and 100 to do rebuilds on , bul you would laugh your butt off to see my youngest on the dirt-bike in the mud!:eek2:

Those two love to just gun-it and hang-on! I think that is genetically induced!

jaspurx
06-29-2004, 08:54 PM
Everybody passed out again?

LTandRaptorider
06-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Everybody passed out again?

I've been spending some time in the garage getting the LT engine together. Work is interfering with my play time... :o :p We'll probly ride somewhere this weekend.

jaspurx
07-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Well guys , thats the quick description! I worked on the boys`s skills , I have the youngest shifting now , the oldest is just about ready to ride in a less controled environment. The younger is picking up quick now , the oldest`s dirtbike revived , but there is a long road to trailworthy for that old frankenstein!
But still , was an awesome weekend , camping/riding.

Somehow , The oldest grew cahones that have no problems writing big checks , he is afraid of nothing `til he gets a real lucky close call ( I rem. somebody else like that at 12yrs.)

You guys would have liked it there.