PDA

View Full Version : Anti Fade Nut and rear rotor are lose

HondaMan222
05-24-2004, 10:37 PM
ok, i tighted the anti fade nut ao that should make the rotor tight right? but it is still really sloppy. whats the problem, the nut is a durablue and the axle is a lonestar... any help would be nice, sorry for the bad spelling...

05-25-2004, 07:28 AM
Mine does that also. Loctite the axle nut threads before tightening.

I also have a durablow nut and LS axle..:blah:

HondaMan222
05-25-2004, 05:37 PM
will it hurt it if it has that slop in it?

JRDrider22
05-25-2004, 05:59 PM
make sure all 4 bolts are tight against your rotor too...dude dont put locktite in it. it will ruin it . eastcoastatv did it to my bike on the top end and they all had to be re tapped

kyex40047
05-25-2004, 08:20 PM
I have one too but mine is a lonestar. Spray the threads off with brake cleaner, then put alittle bit of blue locktight. do the same with the rotor bolts. Mine did that too, as long as you keep the carrier greased you'll be fine.

muff
05-25-2004, 10:33 PM
I think its loose because you cant get the aftermarket nuts as tight as the stockers. think about it, you need to torque the stocker. with these aftermarket ones you have a tiny rod (lonestar) or you have to use just your hands (mezaros). just ride it once or twice and keep tightening it, I dont believe your problem is that its loosening, but that it just wasnt fully tight to begin with.

HondaMan222
05-25-2004, 11:20 PM
ok thanks!! every time i hit the rear brakes it makes a loud skaqy noise, i think its the brake pads out but not sure...

R3Concepts
05-26-2004, 06:55 AM
I found that when I tighten my anti-fade it works better to take the pinch bolt all the way out and then tighten to nut, then put the pinch bolt back in, using blue loctite on the pinch bolt only. Another trick that you can try is put teflon tape on the brake hub threads and it will take up some of the gap. Use a longer pinch bolt and it will tighten down more, and dont use stainless pinch bolts, use black ones or zinc ones. This worked for mine but I run a LSR combo, hope it works for DB and LSR.