PDA

View Full Version : Who's Racing BLUFF CREEK in June?

Racinaki
05-24-2004, 08:11 PM
Who is racing Bluff Creek June 13? We (FD Racing Team) are going to the dinner and racing carts Saturday night before the race as well! Should be one of the biggest races of the series I am guessing.

burrows
05-24-2004, 09:43 PM
I would suspect that the Missouri guys will be there. I know Michael, Chad, Troy, Zac, Duane, Greg, Josh and Daniel will be there for sure and oh yes my 11 yr old will be there to run the 90cc class. he is pumped. He won a free room at the Days Inn so he thinks he can stay in the room by his self. Ha. So hope to see ya there and good luck Sunday. We drive a black diesel with a trailor with the big racing flag on the side. Come say hi. Mom B

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-25-2004, 09:10 AM
C&D Racing will be there along with a freind from PA. Is Bussey a very big town? I think we will leave Friday afternoon or Sat Morning can someone suggest any activities on Saturday.

Quadworks
05-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Bussey has a general store and maybe a cafe! But Oskaloosa is very close and you should be able to find some stuff to do there. I know me and some buddies will be there but just to ride some trail and watch the races.

wolvee
05-25-2004, 09:37 PM
You can come with us to the Champion's Dinner at Kin Folk in Attica, then to Knoxville and race some go-karts at Slideways. And of course there is SPRINT CAR racing at Knoxville on Saturday night!!! Go cheer on one of our sponsors - Lightning Motorsports - Johnny 'Lightning' Anderson 7A who races in the 360 class. He is an avid four-wheeler and rides a modified 400EX. Stop by the pits and say Hi to the Anderson's and mention the series.

Bluff Creek Park will be closed that weekend to trail riding. It will be closed Friday, Saturday & Sunday (11th, 12th & 13th) for the races to take place. All proceeds from the gate will go back to the park. Come be part of the first quad race in the park.

Anyone that is not racing and would like to volunteer, please email iatvhss@msn.com or call Andy at 515-989-3052.

Results from Brooks should be posted anytime. They have been sent to the webmaster to post.

Johnny & Monica
05-25-2004, 10:21 PM
I know we`re looking forward to being there.I know the kids ain`t missing it .Me I`m in some seroius pain if I dont get better the next couple days I`m going to the doctor an maybe watching or helping any way I can.But hoping to race it myself.Bring those wifes an kids an make them get in there :D

Momma burrows did last nigth`s stroms blow by you guy`s an everything good out yonder?

burrows
05-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Yes the storm blew by us. We got some rain but not much. We sure had fun watching all the funky looking clouds. Christophers girlfriend had 4 cows get hit by lightening. Good thing she had insurance on them. She lives over by Albany where the tornado wiped out alot of buisinesses. Chris and the guys he works for was out storm chasing. He always did like storms. Crazy!!

How come youre not feeling good? You have a few weeks left so get better soon. I bet the kids are ready. We are putting new bearings in the 90 and I guess Brad man will be ready.

Momma B

Racinaki
05-25-2004, 10:47 PM
I didn't mention that in addition to dinner and cart racing, FD RACING WILL BE THERE TO RACE! Definetally looking forward to it.
This past weekend Mr. Darwin Glade mounted a whole new set of treads on Angela's 300ex. On the back is a set of Maxxis Razrs and on the front we decided to try out the new Pure Sport Bandits made by TITAN tires. They looked like they would be an excellent tire, and our initial results confirmed this. I think Angela is going to very happy with all of them. Keep your eyes open for her review. So far she hasn't been able to ride on them because she was in Kansas City for a graduation.

I am thankful for the new set of tires from Titan Tire. That was a really neat prize for Angela to take home along with her first place!

Johnny & Monica
05-25-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by burrows
Yes the storm blew by us. We got some rain but not much. We sure had fun watching all the funky looking clouds. Christophers girlfriend had 4 cows get hit by lightening. Good thing she had insurance on them. She lives over by Albany where the tornado wiped out alot of buisinesses. Chris and the guys he works for was out storm chasing. He always did like storms. Crazy!!

How come youre not feeling good? You have a few weeks left so get better soon. I bet the kids are ready. We are putting new bearings in the 90 and I guess Brad man will be ready.

Momma B

Went to load the kids quads up for the parade an get them washed an I pulled a bad muscle in the groin oucchhh.I cant sit walk or alot but doctors scare the pee out of me so I`m holding off as long as I can.We got alittle rain an been watching the river rise waiting to see if it comes out again.I knew you guys where close to albany seen they took a hard hit.Told Taylor an Chance to be ready for brad man.Ask your boys when there coming down to ride the rock quarry with us maybe something will rub off:devil:

Racinaki
05-25-2004, 11:06 PM
I forgot to mention something that might be useful to some people. I feel one of the best places to stay around the park would be the Comfort Inn in Oskaloosa. They have always been really good to the riders. It is probably the closest place to the park as well.

400exmom
05-26-2004, 03:40 AM
me and my son seth will be there.. i think i have some tires to pick up from the 1st series race?? cant wait!!

98red
05-27-2004, 10:11 AM
We made reservations on monday,24th.. for june 12th..The lady told me they were almost booked up for that day, she asked me if I new what was going on that weekend, I told her we had a atv race in bussey on sunday..... Racinaki could you let me know how your wife likes her new tires (front) my son won the same tires, We put them on and they looked pretty tall..still waiting for some parts to come in, then we can take it out and try them...

Racinaki
05-28-2004, 10:04 AM
98Red, we are going riding today and I think again on Monday. We will let you know how they work. They do seem tall, but they are 23s. What does your son ride? I know we have visited before on forums.

Are you going to go to the dinner and cart racing before the race?

98red
05-28-2004, 03:48 PM
He rides a 250ex in the jr. class, we are going to the dinner and maybe do the go-karts, I wonder if they have a age limit on the go-karts?

ATVGurl
05-28-2004, 11:48 PM
Well, I rode for the first time today with the new tires!! They're AWESOME!! Point them even slightly and they will go that way!! NO front end push and we even encountered a lot of mud today!!!! They are 23's, and the stock on my 300ex were 22's, so they are a little taller. I just got new 22 Razrs for the rear for mother's day, but since they are wider than the stock tires, they bow up a little and it evens out the highth. Even though it's a little taller, it is WAY less tippy because the razrs are so much flatter than the stock balloons (not that those stock tires are bad, I went through and over a lot of knarly stuff with them, they just are a little rolly in the corners). It was only one day of riding (but very hard and fast in very bad ruts, hills, mud and dry dirt-lots of high areas that were dusty and low areas that were flooded). I could really tell a big difference, and am very happy with both pairs of tires. The stock tires are the same size on the 250 as they are on the 300, I'm sure your son will like them!!

It is so cool that Titan came through for the series in such a big way; I can't believe they're giving away a set to each winner in each class! I really like the tires!

250hon01
05-29-2004, 12:16 PM
Hi ATVGURL im 98red's son. I saw u in the brooks race and u were flying out there.And thanks for the input on the tires i think i will really like them. Thanks:)

98red
06-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Is anyone going to Bussey to ride this weekend ? My son and I are going to go sunday.

ATVGurl
06-04-2004, 05:15 PM
There are a couple ATV rodeos going on Sunday. One in Des Moines and one in Boone. We hadn't thought of riding at Bluff Creek because of the rodeos. Not sure which one we want to go to yet. We went to Bluff Creek last Sunday, got to use my new tires some more. Still think they're awesome! 250hon01, do you have yours on yet?

MotoX3
06-04-2004, 08:05 PM
And while everyones there...look at the board by the bathrooms with all the bikes for sale....look at my 2002 TTR125L for sale....someone buy it...its a real nice bike:D

dukeboy
06-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Team EMU will be in the house for this one also. our riders took 5th in utility, 2nd and 3rd in the b and 2nd in the +30. those riders are all looking to improve on those results. also our buddies from texas will be coming again to ride the c class too, they love the series!
is there going to be camping on ssat night ?

Martin Blair
06-07-2004, 12:21 AM
What series is this? I race MHSC in missouri what series is this and where exactly is the race?

website?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-07-2004, 07:47 AM
The website is www.iowaatvharescrambleseries.com the next race is in bussey IA this Sunday.

Racinaki
06-07-2004, 10:55 PM
The park is located between Oskaloosa and Eddyville IA. Neither are very large towns, but they are the biggest around there. I just checked on mapquest and it said that from Olathe to Eddyville would take 4 hours and 20 minutes. HN400exracer, you need to be there!
Should be a huge crowd!

400exmom
06-08-2004, 05:01 AM
i booked a room for sat. at the comfort inn~ I CANT WAIT!!!! i havent raced in 2 weeks im about to loose it!:D ill be at the track sat. evening walking the course! cant wait to see everyone!!

Shawn H
06-08-2004, 08:51 AM
Me and the crew will be there were leaving friday to enjoy the weekend.

I guess there is a wedding that weekend and thats why there are hardly any rooms around.

See ya all there.

cinigen9
06-08-2004, 11:13 AM
can anyone provide details on this location - rocky, muddy, fast, tight, etc? any mx section?

thanks
Carson

burrows
06-08-2004, 02:42 PM
I wondered what was going on cause when I called last night at the comfort inn they said they had one room left so I got it. The others had already got their rooms but we had two that wanted rooms too. They had to take the handicap room. But when the weather channel is calling for rain it won't matter. Everyone have a safe drive getting there and hope to meet up with some of ya.
MOM B

Johnny & Monica
06-09-2004, 09:38 AM
We`re all going to make it but camping at the track.Hoping for rain rather have mudd than dust:) Theres pictures of the riding area 400 acres on blue trax.com I`ll try to post a link when I get back from minnesota tonigth.Good luck to everyone this weekend

wolvee
06-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Track will be approx 7-8 miles long. Will consist of some rocky places, hilly, moderate to good size hills, mx, and gravity cavity - experienced motor cross, ponds (will warn again, but please stay out of ponds.... :)) It is strip mine land if that tells you anything.

wolvee
06-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Hey Guys & Gals,

You are all invited to join in on the festivities Saturday evening starting at 4:30. We will be heading to Kin Folks in Attica (one of our sponsors) for supper at 4:30. I have put the menu at the bottom unfortunately, I have one without prices on it. Then, on to Slideways for some go-kart racing. It is $5 per run and I believe each run is like 6-8 laps. Then, one last stop to the Knoxville Raceway to watch some dirt racing. Go & cheer on one of our sponsors – Lightning Motorsports – Johnny Lightning Anderson 7A. Stop down to the pits after the races and say hi & thanks! It is $20 for adults & $10 for children. It is 360 Nationals + 410s on Saturday night. Who says there’s nothing fun to do in Iowa?

Dinner Selections:

Half/full slab rib dinner w/ choice of 2 sides & roll

1 meat dinner w/ choice of 2 sides & roll

2 meat dinner, etc up to 6 meat dinner

Children’s dinner with choice of 2 sides & roll, drink

MEAT SELECTIONS:

BBQ Beef, turkey breast, chicken, catfish, Italian sausage, country ham, beef brisket

SIDES:

Corn on the cob, country beans, coleslaw, homemade potato salad, lettuce salad, baked potato, green beans, fruit salad, apple sauce

SANDWICHES: BBQ Beef, beef brisket, Italian sausage, turkey, country ham

400exmom
06-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by wolvee
Track will be approx 7-8 miles long. Will consist of some rocky places, hilly, moderate to good size hills, mx, and gravity cavity - experienced motor cross, ponds (will warn again, but please stay out of ponds.... :)) It is strip mine land if that tells you anything. when you say good sizes hills..it kinda freaks me outhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p84cb9ed2e871aeb3daaf849aef703056/fabfd2e5.jpg

Racinaki
06-11-2004, 12:08 AM
Now, no one said anything about any hills. I only race on 15% grade and below. Just kidding!

I would say that this course is going to be faster than Brooks. I have no inside information, but having ridden at Bluff Creek I am thinking that I will be running somewhere between 18 and 20 minute laps. I don't see how it could be as tight as Brooks.

400exmom, are hills not your favorite? I don't think the ones at Bluff Creek will give anyone too many fits. Mr. Kyner and company know how to put together a course that is safe for everyone, yet still challenging and fun to ride. Having said that, if Andy wanted to turn over a new leaf and send us over the hills to grandmothers house, WATCH OUT at Bluff Creek. Some hills there tend to be more like straight up and down cliffs.

The course shouldn't be muddy unless it rains the night before the race. It dries out pretty fast there.

xcracer01
06-11-2004, 03:09 PM
MBR will be there .