PDA

View Full Version : Doin the top end my self

Chanman420q
05-24-2004, 08:00 PM
well i have a race this sunday and monday an i need the top end done. so me and a buddy are doing it our selves to save labor. My question is, what should i tourge everything down too? i remember reading something a while back that people were blowing head gaskets by tourging what the honda/cylmer manul said. what should everything be tourged at? im being forced to run the wisco piston because i needed it fast, woulda rather of ran ROSS. but lifes a ***** right? also as far as jetting, im running a 155MJ, 40PJ and the needle in the stock position. this is a 11:1 87mm piston, would my jetting change at all?

05-25-2004, 07:08 AM
Go buy a got dam manual and do it the SMART way not halfazz guessing at it...:macho

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-25-2004, 08:14 AM
I agree get a manual, On the higher compression piston tighten them 4-5 ftlbs more than stock specks.
I guess you did not check with us I have a Ross 416 sitting here :)

zephead400ex
05-25-2004, 08:53 AM
If I am reading the original question right, he does have a manual but believes he has heard the torque specs to be incorrect.

I have tried to search but haven't found any different specs other than whats stated in the manual. I'll keep looking.

Chanman420q
05-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
If I am reading the original question right, he does have a manual but believes he has heard the torque specs to be incorrect.

I have tried to search but haven't found any different specs other than whats stated in the manual. I'll keep looking.

yes thats correct, i do have the motor, i remember reading some thread about how they tourged the motor to the manual specs and they kept blowing head gaskets, then they tightend it like to 48lbs. something in that nature.

and as silverfox, i needed the piston asap, and u guys dont have an online ordering form or i would have

Chanman420q
05-25-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
also as far as jetting, im running a 155MJ, 40PJ and the needle in the stock position. this is a 11:1 87mm piston, would my jetting change at all?

i forgot to add im running an FMF PC4 slip on and a TC GNCC 926 cam as well, no air box lid

s-10s_rule
05-25-2004, 10:39 PM
you'll need a 160 jet probly, I run a 165 without the airbox lid. I used factory specs on my 416 w 11:1 and it is doing fine after about ten months and some good old fashioned beatings.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-26-2004, 08:30 AM
yes thats correct, i do have the motor, i remember reading some thread about how they tourged the motor to the manual specs and they kept blowing head gaskets, then they tightend it like to 48lbs. something in that nature.

and as silverfox, i needed the piston asap, and u guys dont have an online ordering form or i would have

Sure we do PM or email or in our forum you can place orders in any one of these places :)

wilkin250r
05-26-2004, 09:11 AM

They have a phone number. I called them, and they shipped it right away, express overnight (extra cost, of course) and I had my parts the very next morning :)

Chanman420q
05-26-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
They have a phone number. I called them, and they shipped it right away, express overnight (extra cost, of course) and I had my parts the very next morning :)

ok but when i need something next day shipped, i cant wait til that day to order it :o

and ive tried them before, nothing personal, but any other time i tried either no one anwered the phone or the part was on back order.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-26-2004, 01:43 PM
not a problem

But their are answering machines and the back order part well that is a tough one to controll. :)

Chanman420q
05-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
not a problem

But their are answering machines and the back order part well that is a tough one to controll. :)

i know its not your fault on the back order. i need a new chain for my quad, maybe ill order it from you guys tomarrow;)

back to the topic

Chanman420q
05-27-2004, 07:29 PM
bump.. what specs should i use