PDA

View Full Version : Got the 300 jetted and haulin...

05-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Spent a few hours Saturday messing around with the 300. Could Honda make the air/fuel screw any harder to get to?:confused:

Anyways.... All the work and burned knuckles payed off. It really picked it up. I ended up going with the 135 main. Plug looks great...nice and brown.:D

Sunday we all went to the local riding spot. It ran perfect all day long in 88 degree weather. I couldnt have been happier till another 300 came along. It was a 2001 with UNI filter and a Pro-Circuit slip on. I asked him if he would be interested in a dead stop dragrace. He agreed and off to the coal flat we went. The first race I got out and kept pulling away. Once we slowed down to turn around he asked me if I had motor work done! It made my day. We did it again, this time I gave him the hit. He got out and I pulled past him. All this with a cooler full of drinks on the back of my quad! To sum it up...I am happy with my quad!:D

ZSK
05-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Good to hear you got it hooked up. You'll gain a lot of punch by going to 20" rear tires. Really helped on mine.:cool:

05-24-2004, 10:30 PM
Thanks man. Actually the race was done on the stock tires, not the Super Swampers. I wouldnt have wanted to race anyone with the Swapmers...they rob power like a mofo. The stock 22" tires are a must for where I ride. I need all the ground clearance I can get. Plus I dont wanna take any away from the top end speed. :D

jaywoodsrider
05-25-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by cleanshave300ex
Good to hear you got it hooked up. You'll gain a lot of punch by going to 20" rear tires. Really helped on mine.:cool:

True dat, i love the 20in tires, who cares about top speed, 300's aren't ment to go fast.

redroost85
05-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Amazing what some 'spot-on' jetting will do, huh?:D

Just think...that power was there before...you just had to find it, lol!:devil:

05-25-2004, 06:05 PM
redroost85.... True! Best $2 mod Ive done to date! Long live the 300EX!!:D