PDA

View Full Version : suspension tuning

ATC350X 85
05-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Im in need of some assisstance in setting up me suspension on my 450R. I have never had to do this before becasue ive always had atcs and I would only set the back shock to hard. I am 5'10'' 145 lbs and the bike is going all over the place in the whoopies. The rear end is getting kicked from side to side and the front is not going that well either. I know how to ride whoopies but this suspension needs tweaking. I have ordered a 13T sprocket and will be putting that on asap to give me the low end grunt and torque to wheely and clear the whoops with the front end but thats not all of it. If someone could just tell me to go harder or softer in the front and back that would be great.

dreth
05-24-2004, 05:43 PM
i hope i can help. im 5ft 9in 160lbs and ive found that the best whoop set up for me is stiffer front and rear . to be exact i set myrebound(top adjustment) in the front to.....turn it al the way to the left till t stops, then turn it 2 complete turns to the right. and in the rear top turn it all the way to left till it stops, then turn it 20 clicks to the right. now to the compression which adjusts at the bottom of the shock on back side. turn it all the way to the left till it stops, then turn it 1 1/2 times to the right. now the rear bottom, turn it all the way to the left till it stops , then 1/2 turn to the right .

now i mostly ride mx but this is what i remember to be a good set up for whoops and rough trails. let me know or cuss me out if im wrong but it worked for me.

dreth
05-24-2004, 06:13 PM
my bad i had my compression and rebound backwards as far as top and bottom but the settings i gave are right. my fault iwas eating , talking to my son , and typing.

TGW_400ex
05-24-2004, 06:18 PM
LOOK (http://off-road.com/atv/suspension/shockadj.htm#rebound)

ATC350X 85
05-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Ok i guess its not as simple as turning the screws where it says S<->H. I guess i will have to get a spanner wrench and start adjusting.

dreth
05-24-2004, 07:12 PM
no spanner wrench!!!! just use the s<h> screws will do the job. i will private message you