PDA

View Full Version : HMF Slip-On or E-Series Slip-on???

iaboy30
05-24-2004, 04:10 PM
I realize there are a ton of exhaust questions, but none that really answer mine. Im deciding between a HMF slip-on or WB E-series slip-on exhaust for my stock 04 400ex. I plan on jetting it and might put a new filter in it. But doubtful on the filter. I mainly ride trails and noise is not an issue.

thame2010
05-24-2004, 04:18 PM
hondaracer2006 had a E-Series and looks like it broke (don't know what), so he bought a HMF Slip-on, and he said that it sounded much sweeter (and lil' bit louder against the E-series with no discs) and pulled more than the E-series. I'd go with the HMF, thats what everybody here is saying :devil:

..the curtis sparks gives you more power, but you only asked for those 2 :D

I would strongly recommend a good filter by the way.

exrider2002
05-24-2004, 04:48 PM
I have an hmf and love it. I heard that the wb e series fall apart

MotoX3
05-24-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by iaboy30
I realize there are a ton of exhaust questions, but none that really answer mine. Im deciding between a HMF slip-on or WB E-series slip-on exhaust for my stock 04 400ex. I plan on jetting it and might put a new filter in it. But doubtful on the filter. I mainly ride trails and noise is not an issue. Hey...where in southeast Iowa are you?

iaboy30
05-24-2004, 06:23 PM
Im from rural Keokuk. What part of Iowa are you from MotoX3???

quadmx7
05-24-2004, 07:34 PM
i would go with the hmf out of thoes two. my cosuin had the hmf slip on and he loves it, it sounds sweet to.

TC426EX
05-24-2004, 09:15 PM
HMF all the way man, the E-series is crap. Generally, I have found that ANY disc type exhaust is crap. I.E the megamaxx etc... Go with the HMF, I KNOW those are great, my friend has one and they build REALLY good products with great welds and craftsmanship....

UglyMotha™
05-24-2004, 09:20 PM
HMF = Best bang for the buck

forget you ever considered the e-series

MrTrendy1
05-24-2004, 09:24 PM
I've got basically what you are asking to do. I have a WB E-series. I personally like the way it sounds and the power it produced was significant for me. I've read the negatives about WB but so far so good on mine. Everyone is bound to get something that brakes or doesn't work well every once in a while. My WB is fine and I've abused it a little.. so I can't complain about it.

wheeltrax
05-24-2004, 09:45 PM
I have a WB e Series on my 250x, and i like the way it sounds and the power it puts out, its nice. I havnt had a problem with it yet. I have ridden a 400ex with a megamax 2 and hiflo header and the same quad with a HMF full system. The HMF full system IMO walks over the megamax 2/hiflo setup. I have yet to ride a 400ex with a e series so i have nothing to compare it to. But if i had a 400ex (hoping soon) i would go for the HMF... I have heard nothing but good from it, plus it sounds awesome. Thats my .02