PDA

View Full Version : HRC kit?

Punk'd
05-24-2004, 03:21 PM
What is this? Is it worth the money and does it give the 450 a decent amout of power? Do you reccomend this mod? And what other mods would you reccomend for the 450r? thanks yall sorry bout all the questions lol:blah:

dreth
05-24-2004, 05:51 PM
first ask yourself some questions like......what type of riding do you do the most? do you like instant power or do you like top speed? how much $ do you want to spend.

while i may not be the best motor head, i learned the hard way.

i will be more than glad to help if you answer these ? for us .

Punk'd
05-24-2004, 06:14 PM
I ride mostly trails ,feilds that type of stuff and in the furture i will be on tracks n stuff so im looking for speed and power:D

dreth
05-24-2004, 07:02 PM
when you say tracks do you mean motorcross tracks?

Punk'd
05-24-2004, 07:32 PM
Homemade offroad tracks and maybe some motocross.. sorry bout that

dreth
05-24-2004, 07:54 PM
from my experience for bottom end fast take off power a good set up is curtis sparks cam 225$ sparks exhaust and air filter 525$.
for top speed 4th and 5th gear 60mph riding go with hrc cam 240$ sparks exhaust 525%
either way take off airbox lid off and re-jet, curtis sparks will help you with proper jetting.
for now just pull the tampon ( spark arrester ) out and you should notice a little difference.
also dont just go on my ideas, talk on this site and call different race companies out of dirt wheels .
any other questions private message me anytime.

RIDE HARD RIDE HONDA

Punk'd
05-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Ok well im going to go with the HRC kit, sparks exhaust and k&n air filter does this sound like a good combo? Thank you for all the help! And is the Curtis Sparks exhaust worth it because I see that it is rather pricey! Thanks man;)

dreth
05-24-2004, 08:27 PM
i asked the same ?. the people at sparks told me if i didnt fall in love with it i could sent it back and they would give me all of my money back. that's confidence! one thing to keep in mind the exhaust puts off 103 db's which is kinda loud. so if you ride close to people's homes, they might get mad. i have yet to talk to any sparks owner's that aren't completely happy. glad i could help. oh yeah, one other thing, i have been researching this exact question for about two weeks now.

Punk'd
05-24-2004, 08:38 PM
I believe on their site it says Quiet version *comeing soon* which will fit my needs:D

dreth
05-25-2004, 05:49 AM
true it will be 99 dbs