PDA

View Full Version : honda 400 ex problems

buzz400ex
05-24-2004, 02:56 PM
ok let me try this again
the bike was sitting idiling and just shut off. i tried to restart and now it fires but will not start. i have good spark. i check the plug after trying to start and it is wet so it appears to get gas. i removed carborator and it is clean. it does the same thing trying to drift start it. i checked the fuel flow out of tank and up to the carb it is flowing good. when i turn the screw in bottom of carb gas does run out, kinda slow but it does run out. any help would be great cause im stumped, i wanst even riding it or anything and it just stoped running. it is a honda 400ex 2002. also when i tried to restart the bike with the choke on it made a clicking noise in the carborator. you could feel the thumb throttle clicking too. i posted this earlier and didnt know what i was doing so i put in wrong place sorry. any help would be cool

TGW_400ex
05-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by buzz400ex
ok let me try this again
the bike was sitting idiling and just shut off. i tried to restart and now it fires but will not start. i have good spark. i check the plug after trying to start and it is wet so it appears to get gas. i removed carborator and it is clean. it does the same thing trying to drift start it. i checked the fuel flow out of tank and up to the carb it is flowing good. when i turn the screw in bottom of carb gas does run out, kinda slow but it does run out. any help would be great cause im stumped, i wanst even riding it or anything and it just stoped running. it is a honda 400ex 2002. also when i tried to restart the bike with the choke on it made a clicking noise in the carborator. you could feel the thumb throttle clicking too. i posted this earlier and didnt know what i was doing so i put in wrong place sorry. any help would be cool

you try given it a lil gas cuz mine does that sumtimes when its warm

buzz400ex
05-24-2004, 07:58 PM
yes i give it gas, it doesnt sound like it wants to start doing that, once i leave off the gas it acts like it wants to start. it wont do that while im holding gas down only when i leave off the gas. kinda confusing but ive never had one act like this miself hard to explain.but just giving it gas does not work:confused:

tprender
05-25-2004, 06:11 AM
Just a guess, but try a new spark plug. You might have fouled out the old one.

buzz400ex
05-28-2004, 11:24 AM
have put 2 brand new spark plugs in, does same thing my plugs get very good spark.

400extracc
05-28-2004, 11:44 AM
you might have blown a ring.................the motor will still turn but its not get'n full compresion?? just a thought.:macho