PDA

View Full Version : frustrated

mrnate400ex
05-24-2004, 01:05 PM
i am trying to get my carb off to take the choke out and put a different pilot jet, and a different main jet. the problem is that the screw that tightens the clamp on the boot that goes to the engine is stripped. i have tried to just take the boot off but i can't get the bottom bolt out. it is just in an odd place. anyhow, does anyone have any suggestions to help out. thanks.

nicktrx400ex
04-21-2006, 05:08 PM
i just cut mine and replaced it

theTman
04-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by nicktrx400ex
i just cut mine and replaced it

i did the same thing

SHADETREE101
04-21-2006, 05:23 PM
YOU CAN GET A COLD CHIZZEL INTO IT AND DRIVE IT INTO THE HEAD AND TURN IT WITH VICE GRIPS LIKE TURNING A SCREWDRIVER. OR USE THE CHIZZEL TO DRIVE THE BOLT FROM THE RIGHT TO LEFT WHILE TAPPING IT WITH THE HAMMER TO GET IT TO COME LOSE.

Ralph
04-22-2006, 10:28 AM
that clamp is a pain and so is the bottom bolt on the intake. You should beable to get it loose with an open ended 8 mm wrench.

You can also try to just cut the clamp off and get a new one. Make sure whatever you do that the clamp is secure when its all done and over with cause if you use a different clamp and tighten it too much it could actually push the boot of the carb while riding and make u suck in a lot of bad stuff in the engine.

Moto250X_Rider
04-22-2006, 10:02 PM
u can get a tool from craftsman for 20$ that is made to get out stripped bolts...just get a set of them and u won't have that problem anymore