PDA

View Full Version : 2004 GNCC Round #8 Rausch Creek AM Race

Admin
05-24-2004, 11:43 AM
The Morning Race had over 230 Quads on the line ready to conquer the rocky terrain of central PA. The weather had been dry for the past week, and with the ground being mostly hard packed coal and rock, the race was looking to be extremely dusty. Fortunately, Friday evening it rained for about 30 minutes which was a small blessing. The track really could have used a really good soaking, but some rain was better than nothing.

Admin
05-24-2004, 11:52 AM
The Women of GNCC Racing

The battle between Stephanie Parton & Traci Cecco was just as intense as it has been for the past two years. This year Both have had there share of problems, which has determined the results of a few of the races.

Last Years Women's Champion, Traci Cecco, had three wins heading into the 8th round and was leading the class, but with five throw aways her class lead was far from secure. Traci fractured her arm in Florida, and rode injuried at the next two races. She finally was back to 100% at Big Buck where she won the Class and finished 2nd Overall, but at Round 6 in Tennesse she ran into stator problems and was forced to limp her YFZ into the finish which set her back again. She came back full force at Sparta winning the Overall and adding to her win list, so I am sure she will be hoping for another win today near her hometown.

Traci Cecco

Admin
05-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Stephanie Parton finished second to Traci last year and it came down to the finish line to determine the Women's Class Winner, but Stephanie still was the most consistent overall finisher and ended up earning the Best Morning number 201.

This year, Stephanie remains on her trusty "Suzy" as she calls the LTZ400. She has one more win heading into Rausch Creek than Traci, but she also has had her share of problems which costed her two rounds. At Big Buck, Stephanies footpeg broke off which set her back, but she still rode to a 3rd place finish and 8th overall which was pretty impressive with only one peg. At Sparta, she got tangled up with a grape vine and only completed two laps.

Both Stephanie & Traci are incredible riders and I again think it will come down to the last race of the year. Traci normally comes on strong in the end to make it interesting.

Stephanie Parton

Admin
05-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Angel Atwell has also been having an incredible year and has capitalized on the other women's misfortunes. She hasn't yet won a Women's Race, but she has come extremely close and is only getting faster every week. She has finished 2nd in the last three races, and I know she is looking for a win. Without any Wins, she will most likely finish third again this year, but next year may be a whole new ballgame.

I must say she is one of the most difficult riders there is to pass in the Morning. I have almost wrecked bad on several occasions trying to get past her, and she is rentless in her quest to stay out front.;)

Angel Atwell

Admin
05-24-2004, 12:14 PM
Erika Jones is another Women's rider that has really come along this season. Last Year her best finish was 5th place and this year she has already finished with a 3rd and 4th and the season is only half over. She is currently tied for 4th place in points with Stefanie Verkade.

Erika Jones

Admin
05-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Ashlie Whaley made her Women's GNCC Debut at Loretta Lynn's and she has been hooked since. Her best finish so far is 8th, but that can only improve with time.

More and more women are finding ATV racing, and I think it is great for the sport. If anything, they are must nicer to look at than all the guys:eek:

Congratulations to all the lady racers:D

Admin
05-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Women's & Super Senior's Start

Stephanie Parton grabbed the Holeshot with Angel Atwell in 2nd and Traci Cecco and John Gallagher close behind.

Admin
05-24-2004, 01:12 PM
By the end of the 1st lap, Angel Atwell had taken over the lead with Traci and Stephanie both only seconds behind her.

Stephanie Parton hammering it up the rocky hill

Admin
05-24-2004, 01:15 PM
Almost a minute later, John Gallagher came through leading the Super Senior Class. He went on to win the race by eight minutes over 2nd place Ken Vickerd.

Admin
05-24-2004, 01:20 PM
Stefanie Verkade was on the gas as usual with her 450R and rode her way to a third place finish which was her best. Stefanie has been racing for years locally in PA in the Men's B Class and finished in the top 5 last year against over 50+ men riders. She was promoted to A Class and decided it was time to see what she could do against some of the fastest women racers in the Country, and so far she is doing extremely well. She is currently tied with Erika for fourth in her first full year of GNCC racing. Stefanie and her family (Kenney) are a great group of people that have been racing ATVs for years.

Admin
05-24-2004, 01:39 PM
Bill Ballance rode down to check out some of the morning racing action.

Admin
05-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Ed Malott rode his way to a third place finish and is currently 2nd in points for the Super Senior Class:macho

Admin
05-24-2004, 01:43 PM
Jay Condon let Jason White take the inside line heading up the rocky hill climb. Jay ended up finishing 5th behind Stephen Vasko.

Admin
05-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Stephanie worked her way up to first place within the last few miles of the last lap and finished third overall. This gave Stephanie her 5th Win of the Year.

Admin
05-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Angel Atwell finished three seconds behind Stephanie for her fourth 2nd place finish in a row!

Admin
05-24-2004, 01:48 PM
Traci Cecco was running strong in 2nd until her skid plate fell off which caused her chain to be derailed. Traci unfortunately dropped back to 5th place because she was unable to complete the last lap:(

Admin
05-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Super Senior Class Winner, John Gallagher crossed the finish line with a 14th overall.

Admin
05-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Stephanie Parton found herself on the Podium for the fifth time this Year!!!

Admin
05-24-2004, 01:56 PM
stock Class

Jason Hughes made his GNCC Debut this year at Rausch Creek. Jason has focused his attention on the District 6 Penn State Series and A Class points Chase. He has done extremely well this year locally, and was ready for some bar banging in the Stock Class again this year after finishing 6th Overall at last years Rausch Creek track.

Admin
05-24-2004, 02:02 PM
My good friend and fellow Carroll County, Maryland resident, Mark Rhodes, made his return to the GNCC series after his 4 Stroke Stock Class win at Steele Creek. Mark is an incredibly smooth rider and is extremely fast, but just doesn't have the time or the finances to hit every GNCC race, but he is always a threat when he decides to show up. It was great to see him back, and I expect to see him at the next few rounds, and hopefully, I can keep him behind me:D

Admin
05-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Will Cashion (Wignut) has had several really good races this season, but he also has been hit with some bad luck at a couple of rounds. I have really enjoyed racing with Will, and he has really grown as a rider over the year. In the beginning, I was a little scared to run close to him, but I now feel 100% comfortable to be racing bar to bar with him and it is great to have such a great guy to battle for the championship with this year. He has developed into a true sportsman at the track, and boy can he find the fastest lines on the track. I think we will be seeing Will develop into a Pro Rider in a few years, and I am glad that I have had the chance to run with him before my age starts to slow me down.

Admin
05-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Tyler Lenig is just an awesome rider and is constantly learning and becoming faster and faster. I told everyone last year when he entered his first GNCC that he would be on the Podium in no time and he has been on it twice since.

He has great family support with his Father attending every race with him, and his brother Tim attends a few of the local ones. Also, he is blessed to have one of the fastest GNCC racers, Traci Cecco, as a Cousin.

I have known Tyler for a few years, and I think he is one nice kid. Yes, Kid, Tyler isn't even 17 yet, and he is already riding up front, and in time, I think he too will become a Pro Rider. He has a great personality and I again am glad that I have got to race with him for the Championship.

If Tyler wasn't plaqued with bad luck this year, He would have easily been in 1st place by now, but the season is still young, so I have my work cut out for me if his luck improves.

Admin
05-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Billy Good has been the man to beat since he decided to leave the Pro Am Class and start racing his new 450R in the Stock Class. I really haven't got to know Billy, but he is starting to make it difficult not to forget that he is out there with two wins in a row.

Great racing Billy:macho

Admin
05-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Jarrod McClure is a new comer to the GNCC series with this Rausch Creek race being his first GNCC race ever. I sold him my 400EX two years old and used it race in District 6 in the C Class, and this year he got rid of it:( and moved on to the YFZ which was probably a good choice. He jumped to A Class and has been finishing ahead of some of top 50 gncc racers in the afternoon.

Jarrod is a straight A student in school and doesn't want to focus on racing Nationals until he graduates, but at his current rate, I expect that in a year or two we will be hearing the name Jarrod McClure more often at the GNCC races.

Admin
05-24-2004, 02:46 PM
I, Harlen Foley, had a rough start to the season struggling with getting use to running a stock quad for the 1st time in years, but after getting to run with Doug Henke on his Vforce at Georgia on the last lap, I regained my confidence and haven't looked back. Also, Jason Weigandts made a few comment to me after the Georgia Race which fired me up "Harlen how well did you really think you would be doing this year," and "It might be time to decide which you should do racing or reporting." Those comments really made me think about my riding, so I came back to Steele Creek on a mission. Ever Since, I haven't finished worse than 12th overall

I give alot of credit for my finishes to all the support that I received from the Lord, My Father, Fellow EXriders.com Members, and sponsors. It is a great feeling to know that so many people are rooting for you out on the track and I thank you all for your support.

I am currently leading the points, but with throw aways Mike Sroka Jr., Will Cashion, Tyler Lenig, and Billy Good all are right with me, and I think it is awesome to ride with such great riders.

My clothing Sponsor Xtreme Gear has assisted me with some awesome race gear which is the same gear the William Yokley wears. I think their helmets are just awesome looking, and the gear has held up extremely well and fits great. The only thing that I wore out was one glove so far, so I thank Xtreme for their Support.

Thanks Again Everyone for making this first half of the season an incredible experience for me that I will never forget.

Admin
05-25-2004, 12:12 PM
4 Stroke Stock Starting Line

Admin
05-25-2004, 12:14 PM
The Start!!!

Will Cashion rounded the 1st turn out front with Brian Vasko, Jason Hughes, and Richard Travalena all working on making the pass.

Admin
05-25-2004, 12:16 PM
Jason Hughes was hard on the gas to hold off Lenig and Travalena

Admin
05-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Mark Rhodes found himself following a cloud of dust after he quickly found out that the 450R doesn't always start on the 1st kick.

Admin
05-25-2004, 12:28 PM
After the 1st lap, Will Cashion was still out front and the Overall leader chasing down the women who started 1 minute in front of him.

Admin
05-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Brandon Carter had worked his way up to third behind Tyler lenig in 2nd Place.

Admin
05-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Brad Whitehead was up to 4th place, but the course took its toll on his quad and he ended up dropping off the pace in the 2nd lap and fell to 10th by the third lap and never finished the last lap

Admin
05-25-2004, 12:34 PM
I started the race mid pack and had to work my way through traffic up to 5th place behind Whitehead the 1st lap.

Admin
05-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Mark Rhodes amazingly worked his way up from last place to 6th by the end of the 1st lap and was hunting me down on the 2nd lap, and he eventually made the pass when I stalled the Z squezing between two trees, which allowed him to move up to 4th place after Whitehead dropped back.

Admin
05-25-2004, 12:38 PM
Brian Vasko had worked his way up to 10th place by the end of the 2nd lap, but never finished the race.

Admin
05-25-2004, 12:42 PM
Meanwhile, Tyler Lenig was having the race of the year. He passed Cashion in the 2nd lap and built over a minute lead by the start of the third lap. Tyler looked like he was going to win in grand fashion until around the 7 mile marker of the third lap his fuel pump shutdown and left him sitting in the woods:(. Again, Tyler had been struck with bad luck after having such a great race, and it was sad to see him sitting there hopelessly on his quad as we went bouncing by him.

Admin
05-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Mark Rhodes and I managed to pass our way through traffic and caught Traci & Stephanie working through lapped traffic around the eight mile marker after we past the sitting Tyler. I eventually was able to pass Stephanie when a lapper blocked her and Will Cashion. I then followed Traci for a few miles until I found a faster line around her in the woods. Finally, I caught Angel Atwell by the end of the lap, which put me in first overall.

In the Final lap, I made several attempts to pass Angel, but just didn't have the speed through the wide open sections, so when we headed through a very rough rocky section I took slightly different line and was able to gain a slight lead heading into the line merge, but Angel stayed on the gas and we bumped tires as I took over the Overall lead. Unfortunately, less than a mile later, I had to stop for fuel, which allowed Angel to get back around, but I was still able to hold off the charging Rhodes & Cashion heading back into the woods.

Angel and I battled for several miles as I attempted several times to make the pass her again, but I couldn't risk wrecking at high speeds to get by her. Eventionally, Angel finally let me by heading toward the 3.5 mile marker.

Will Cashion also worked his way past Angel and almost passed me by taking a line that I never saw, and I was barely able to hold him off heading into the fast rocky section of the course. I put the hammer down and started to develop a gap between Cashion and myself heading into the eight mile marker, but that is when everything went downhill for me.

Two Utility quads became stuck and I attempted to go around them and got myself stuck in the process. Before I knew it, another utility quad hit me with just enough force to break off my already weakened subframe and bend my rear rotor. My quad didn't want to move after this unless I sat up on the front of the seat to keep it from engaging the rear brakes.

Meanwhile, Will Cashion, Angel Atwell, Mark Rhodes, and Stephanie Parton passed me sitting on my quad trying to figure out what to do.

Admin
05-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Will Cashion went on the Win the Overall by 17 seconds over Mark Rhodes.

Admin
05-25-2004, 01:21 PM
I finally was able to get the Z moving again, and I struggled to keep it going to finish the last two miles of the track. I ended up finishing the race third in the Stock Class and fifth overall behind Stephanie Parton and Angel Atwell.

Check out the EXriders.com Members in the Background :D

Admin
05-25-2004, 01:42 PM
My Damage consisted of a severally bent rotor, rotor hub, and blown seals on the caliper which was also destroyed. The silencer, subframe, master cylinder, skid plate, and carrier all have to be replaced before the next race. Also, I ended up destroying one lower front A-arm.

The engine was almost ruined after the carb pulled away from the Airbox when the subframe broke off and I rode it two miles that way in the dust. I checked it out and everything with the engine seems fine, but time will tell.

All and all, I am just glad that I finished the race and count my blessings that my race didn't completely end like poor Tyler's and many others.

Admin
05-25-2004, 02:01 PM
Will Cashion Celebrated his long awaited 1st Overall after coming so close in Texas and having flat tire on the last lap.

Congratulations Will Cashion on your 2nd Podium Apperance of the Season.

Admin
05-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Mark Rhodes finished 2nd Overall and earned his 2nd trip to the Podium as well, but he didn't know it last time and never went to the podium, but that wasn't the case this time.

Mark Smiles as Will sprays his Bottle of Champagne

Congratulations Mark!!!

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:17 AM
Utililty Unlimited

Kevin Orris a PA resident is currently 12th in points and has finished several times in the top 10 on his Polaris.

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:18 AM
Scott Dyer has skipped three races this season, but he still has managed to work his way up to 10th place in points.

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:20 AM
The Utility Unlimted start had is typical swarm of Vforces heading into the first turn out front.

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:22 AM
Neil Belcher on his Polaris had a two minute lead over Doug in the 1st lap, but his race ended in the 2nd lap, which allowed Doug Henke to win his 7th race of the season by over 12 minutes over 2nd place:eek:

Doug is an amazing rider to watching flying around the track on those monsterous machines.

Congratulations Doug:macho

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:25 AM
Roy Lippencott was running in 2nd place most of the race, but dropped back to 4th in the last lap. Roy is currently ranked 5th in the class

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:27 AM
Utility Modified

Jason White poses with his kids before the start of the Morning race.

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:29 AM
Scott Kilby has once again dominated the Utility Mod class this year with 6 wins:macho Scott is a great racer and a heck of a nice guy.

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:31 AM
PA Residents Charles Rimbey and Mark Rambo decided to give GNCC racing a try since it wasn't far from home.

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:33 AM
Utility Mod Start had Scott Kilby and T. Farr:eek: battling for the lead. What Farr, I thought he rode for Honda??? Nope, this was Tim's Brother Thomas Farr riding one of Four Stroke Tech's Machines in his come back to racing.

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:38 AM
Thomas Farr surprised everyone by winning the race by over 15 minutes:eek:. Also, local PA riders Mark Rambo and Charles Rimbey finished 2nd and 4th respectfully.

Way to Go Thomas Farr!!!

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:42 AM
What happened to Scott Kilby??? He ran into problems on the 1st lap and took 1.25 hours to finish the lap, which sent him to the back of the pack. He didn't quite though, and still completed three laps and finished 8th.

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:45 AM
Utility Stock

Mike Penland heading into Rausch Creek with four consecutive wins and a third Overall Podium finish at Sparta. Mike showed everyone why he has won 10 GNCC titles and he plans on adding to that list.

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:49 AM
Another Local PA resident, John Winkelbower prepared to race his first GNCC of the season.

Check out those sexy legs in the background.

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:50 AM
Mike Penland grabbed the Usual Holeshot.

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:52 AM
Ken Robey worked his way around Penland and took over the lead for good. Ken Robey went on to win his 2nd race this year.

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:53 AM
Mike Penland gave it his best effort on the last lap to try to catch Robey with the fastest complete lap of the day for the Utility Class, but he just wasn't able to close the gap.

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:56 AM
Darell Thomas was running 2nd after the 1st lap, but only completed two laps.

Admin
05-26-2004, 07:58 AM
Check out this Grizzly rider attacking the rocky hill climb.

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:00 AM
4 Stroke C Class (25 -32)

Jason Bougher beside his Honda and a YFZ rider.

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:01 AM
Jared Alcorn and James Poole

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:04 AM
the infamous "RICO" made the trip to PA for the Rausch Creek Race!!! Amazingly, he is currently ranked 10th in Points:eek: which isn't bad for a @#$@# #$% #$%$^ %#$#^%^. LOL!!!

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:06 AM
The Start had 33 quads heading into the 1st turn.

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:09 AM
Rob Richeson (Rico) Conquering the rocky uphill in text book style after demonstrating earlier in the race how to dismount your quad at high speed.:eek:

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:11 AM
Rich Dunn on his Cannondale

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:12 AM
4 Stroke C Class (33+)

Allan Root and Chris Sigman

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:13 AM
33+ Start!!!

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Douglas Moore was leading the race after the 2nd lap, but dropped back to finish 8th after losing his skid plate and melting his clutch cable.

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Kenneth Haspel finished 7th

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:15 AM
Alex Fell was running strong in 5th place afte two laps

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:16 AM
Unfortunately, Alex lost his rear fenders and never finished the race:(

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:18 AM
Kenneth Wilfong worked his way up to a 9th place finish.

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:20 AM
2 stroke C

The start!!!

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:21 AM
Blake Kramer went on to win the race on Chris Borich's Pro Race Quad from last year.

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Eric Mazzei lead the 1st lap, dropped back to 2nd after lap two and finished two minutes behind Blake.

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:23 AM
4 Stroke C Class (16-24)

The Starting line

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:26 AM
Eric Haspel currently ranked 6th in the class on his Honda. Brad Allamon and Phil Cole on their Yamaha's.

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Jeff Vanasdal made the long trip from Indiana to compete at Rausch Creek.

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:29 AM
Brandon Sommers lost his front brakes early in the race, but still managed to work his way from 10th place in the 1st lap to a 2nd place finish only 1 second ahead of Josh Kirkland in third.

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:30 AM
Tyson Helton went on to a 10th place finish after winning at Sparta. He is currently ranked 4th in the Class.

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:31 AM
Jeff Vanasdel unfortunately only completed 1 lap.

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:32 AM
Stephen Hanlins didn't need any fancy gear to have a blast at Rausch Creek.

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:33 AM
1st Year Racer

Check out the Bombardier with its killer start!

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:34 AM
Well that is it Folks!!!

cdalejef
05-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Thanks again Harlen....so we can assume that Jason W. lit a fire under your arse? :D

Admin
05-26-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Thanks again Harlen....so we can assume that Jason W. let a fire under your arse? :D

Yup, and I thanked him after the Rausch Creek race for his Georgia Statements and he laughed. We are very fortunate actually to have Jason W. as our #1 publist for GNCC racing. He is a great photographer, journalist, and Commentator, which is probably why he won the Journalist award last year. The GNC series could really use another Jason.

cdalejef
05-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
We are very fortunate actually to have Jason W. as our #1 publist for GNCC racing. He is a great photographer, journalist, and Commentator, which is probably why he won the Journalist award last year. The GNC series could really use another Jason. HERE HERE! :macho

05-26-2004, 09:01 AM
Well that is it Folks!!!

Who you callin a @#$@# #$% #$%$^ %#$#^%^. ...:grr: :mad:

Admin
05-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Who you callin a @#$@# #$% #$%$^ %#$#^%^. ...:grr: :mad:

Well, since you insist

@#$@# #$% #$%$^%#$#^%^
heavy beer drinking fool.

Pappy
05-26-2004, 09:46 AM
Well, since you insist

@#$@# #$% #$%$^%#$#^%^

i thought that meant hair lip:confused: :devil:

05-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Well, since you insist

@#$@# #$% #$%$^%#$#^%^

:eek: :eek2: :eek:

I'll have you know I only drink on days ending in Y.....:grr:

Admin
05-26-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Rico

I'll have you know I only drink on days ending in Y.....:grr:

Well, you got them all covered:devil:

ranger400ex
05-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Harlen...what you been smoking.

Jeff Vandasal is from Indiana...he is the local kid we supported @ Lewis Suzuki...and now the proud business owner of Santor Racing Gear...graphics, casual clothing, mods, and soon race gear.

The guy who WAS from Minnesota was the one and only Jim "Tinner" Geraci...he is standing behind Rico in the one pic. Red Cap on. Good to have him along.

Ben

Admin
05-26-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by ranger400ex
Harlen...what you been smoking.

Jeff Vandasal is from Indiana...he is the local kid we supported @ Lewis Suzuki...and now the proud business owner of Santor Racing Gear...graphics, casual clothing, mods, and soon race gear.

The guy who WAS from Minnesota was the one and only Jim "Tinner" Geraci...he is standing behind Rico in the one pic. Red Cap on. Good to have him along.

Ben

Whoops!!! You know how it is. After awhile, all those midWest states start to look alike.

I made the correction, and you should have introduced me to "Tinner".

BTW, Thanks Ben for helping with photography for the Morning Race.

ranger400ex
05-26-2004, 01:32 PM
anytime bud!!

I tried...but we could never find you when he was standing there. He will be at some more this year, and definitely the 12hr too. He mentioned a venture into A-arms, stems, etc....so stay tuned.

05-26-2004, 01:39 PM
I'll have you know I only drink on days ending in Y.....

Wait a minute that is every day but tomorrow!!!!!!

monkeyboy
05-26-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
Wait a minute that is every day but tomorrow!!!!!!

shuud up boi:grr:

05-26-2004, 03:10 PM
I am sorry

jb500ex
05-26-2004, 03:20 PM
wow i feel famous harlen got a picture of me. seriously that race was alot of fun and i will see you all in virginia. hopefully beating my brother on his yfz again

400exvet
05-27-2004, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the pic and coverage Harlen. I was happy with the C 33+ class eighth place until I realized that I was in 2nd place on lap 1, 1st on lap 2, 3rd on lap 3....HOLY CRAP!.....I burned the clutch cable in half somewhere on the third lap and had no clutch (thank god for elect start) I also lost my skid plate on lap 3. Needless to say, I had quite an interesting 4th lap:eek2: Your whole objective changes with no clutch or skid plate on a course like that! I got hung up on a couple rocks and became quite intimate with this one lonely tree that was just too close to the trail:grr: I was extremely lucky to make the fourth lap...even if it did take 40 minutes. I can't wait for my second GNCC in Va...... Later, Doug

jcv400ex
05-27-2004, 06:22 AM
Is it just me or does Rico have some gray hair comin in on the side of his ugly head?! SHouldn't have gotten hitched!!!! :devil:

05-27-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Is it just me or does Rico have some gray hair comin in on the side of his ugly head?! SHouldn't have gotten hitched!!!! :devil:

I keep it high and tight the greys don't stand out as much.....:o

I even noticed some grey in the go-tee this week......:mad:

Admin
05-27-2004, 06:52 AM
I can see a username change coming "Papa Rico."

Pappy
05-27-2004, 06:55 AM
I can see a username change coming "Papa Rico."

in more ways then one:eek:

cdalejef
05-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
in more ways then one:eek: :eek:

05-27-2004, 07:49 AM

Berry
05-27-2004, 10:48 AM
My Damage consisted of a severally bent rotor, rotor hub, and blown seals on the caliper which was also destroyed. The silencer, subframe, master cylinder, skid plate, and carrier all have to be replaced before the next race. Also, I ended up destroying one lower front A-arm.

The engine was almost ruined after the carb pulled away from the Airbox when the subframe broke off and I rode it two miles that way in the dust. I checked it out and everything with the engine seems fine, but time will tell.

All and all, I am just glad that I finished the race and count my blessings that my race didn't completely end like poor Tyler's and many others.

harlen, the same thing happened to me! my sub frame mounts sheered completley off, and my rear end was just hanging there! it broke my airbox mounts off, bent rotor, dented the heck out of my silencer, and some more small stuff...it really sucked!

countypark
05-28-2004, 09:17 PM
I have a picture of Allan Root(ajr400ex) trying to start his 450R while everyone else has left.

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/countypark/AL+RAUSCH.jpg

He blew a tire on the first lap and had to ride all but 3 miles with a front flat. Destroyed his rim.

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/countypark/als%20rausch2.jpg

He did run the second fastest last lap in his class.

Check out his right front rim. How would "you" have liked riding them rocks like Al had to?