PDA

View Full Version : what pipe for 400ex?

meanyellow03ex
05-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Hello all. finally decided to pipe and jet my 03 400ex. I wanted to stay with a slip on because i'm not going to do much more than the filter,pipe, and jetting. I was set on an HMF but just seen an add for a MOOSE racing by BUB pipe that looks pretty sweet. I can't find any info on dyno tests or anything on it though. Anyone have any info on the Moose pipe or a recommendation on a good slip on?? P.S. it needs to be somewhat quiet as the places I ride just implemented a noise restriction law. Crap... Thanks for any replies!!!

quadmx7
05-23-2004, 06:21 PM
as far as slip on power for the 400ex i think ct racing and hmf are at the top. i have a ct and love mine, but its loud. my cousin has the hmf and it has lots of power and u can get a quiet core for the hmf i think. if i were u i would get the hmf

05-23-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by quadmx7
as far as slip on power for the 400ex i think ct racing and hmf are at the top. i have a ct and love mine, but its loud. my cousin has the hmf and it has lots of power and u can get a quiet core for the hmf i think. if i were u i would get the hmf

those are pretty loud..if the hmf has an insert i would go with it...sparks and ct make good slip ons for power but are both loud and dont have inserts...i would go with the hmf if it has inserts...if not i would go with maybe a big gun or a FMF because they are both fairly powerfull and both have inserts :macho

04'400ex'er
05-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
those are pretty loud..if the hmf has an insert i would go with it...sparks and ct make good slip ons for power but are both loud and dont have inserts...i would go with the hmf if it has inserts...if not i would go with maybe a big gun or a FMF because they are both fairly powerfull and both have inserts :macho First off, Sparks only makes the full systems. If I were you, I would save and get it. You won't be dissapointed and I am sure others will back me up on that. For slipons get HMF or White Bros. They both have quiet cores. They are on top for slipons.

05-23-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by 04'400ex'er
First off, Sparks only makes the full systems. If I were you, I would save and get it. You won't be dissapointed and I am sure others will back me up on that. For slipons get HMF or White Bros. They both have quiet cores. They are on top for slipons.

nah they jus came out with a slipon...but ya the sparks system is the best for sure...but its a bit on the loud side

04'400ex'er
05-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
nah they jus came out with a slipon...but ya the sparks system is the best for sure...but its a bit on the loud side It is loud, but there is nothing about the slipon on the site. I am not aware of this...:huh

05-23-2004, 09:01 PM
It is loud, but there is nothing about the slipon on the site. I am not aware of this...:huh

it was in dirtwheels...may be for the z400 or kfx400

04'400ex'er
05-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Ahhhh... But not for the EX?

TC426EX
05-24-2004, 05:07 AM
I wouldnt get that Moose pipe man, just get what has been proven and meets your requirements. The CT, LRD, white bros. and HMF are all the best slip ons for the 400ex. Im not sure if CT still makes a slip on, but K+K told me they didnt. The CT and LRD are WAY loud and dont have quiet cores so scratch those.... That leaves the HMF and White Bros. That is a real tossup!! The white bros are GREAT. I used to run an R4 slip on before I built my motor and put a sparks X-6 on and I loved it. The E-series is good too but I HATE disc-type exhausts. The HMF is a great pipe that produces ALOT of power and is built real good. My buddy had one and it really hauled man. THing is, BOTH of those pipes are still LOUD in stock form so you really need the quiet core if noise is such an issue in your area (which sucks since I try to have the LOUDEST pipe possible......)

05-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Ahhhh... But not for the EX?

i dunno call and ask :confused: