PDA

View Full Version : Crf In A 400ex Chassis ?'s.......

TC426EX
05-23-2004, 03:06 PM
As many of you have already seen posted on here, I have a pretty pissed off TC 426 motored EX. Although it is VERY fast and still competitive in the B class that I race, I am prolly gonna do a CRF conversion in the fall. I want to start getting prepared. My main questions are what all is required to do it and does anyone have a diagram or exact layout specifications on how to modify the frame for the radiator mounting, etc? I know JB racing does a conversion for like 400 bucks, but I know a professional welder who builds 7 second drag bikes from scratch that is willing to do the work for me alot chaper if I can get him the specs on it. Whats the best radiator to use? How will the carb line up? Do I need a new airbox and boot? Will the swingarm bolt line up? Just let me know any info you guys got on doing this project so I can make it a success. I appreciate everything you post!!!!!

04'400ex'er
05-23-2004, 03:29 PM
No clue about the conversion, but what are you gonna do with your pipe, motor, etc?

TC426EX
06-04-2004, 04:48 PM
come on guys, someone has to know what is up with this conversion... I need to know anything you know about modding the frame for a radiator, what airbox, pipe, carb boot, basically any information that you have that will help make this conversion a success...

hosted
06-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Here is a thread that is around here about it. It should help you out a little. I'm sure he'll anser any questions you have too.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90605&highlight=crf450+conversion

redrider05
06-07-2004, 10:49 AM
I dont have a diagram on how to do it but iwill tell you what JB racing did to mine they gusseted the frame at alll weak spots shock mounts,by the swinger pivit area and the upper frame tubes.and add mounts for the radiator.the best radiator is prolly a walsh or anything double pass. The hardest part i thought was trying to line up the carb because it was such a tight fit another thing to do is make a adapter that looks like a backward S so it will conect from the carb and go over the back frame rail so you can put your carb boot on without restricting any air flow.And no you will not need a different airbox or boot the only thing you need to do is to trim a little off of the boot so it wont be to long. you will also need a different pivot bolt from baldwin so it will go thru the crf motor but other than that you are set .
I hope this helped you out and if you need anymore help just pm me
Jon