PDA

View Full Version : Swing Arms

LilDacktyle
05-23-2004, 12:11 PM
i was lookin into buying a swing arm for my quad. i was just woundering if anyone knows of a place or comany where i can buy a good reliable one but is fairly cheap. web sites would be helpful. thanks

Quadworks
05-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Get on EBAY thats probably the cheapest place to find one. There are used ones all the time. There are new ones from smaller companies that are cheap but don't know on the quality.

mxgirl
05-25-2004, 09:27 PM
RPM!!!
They are a very reputable company and are very helpful with any questions you may have. I've had my +1.25, blue vein, RPM swingarm for 3 years and it has done awesome on the AZ mx tracks. They offer a discount for racers, so that may help you out. I think mine was $600 with a tapered axle carrier.

I would rather spend a little more for a high quality product that's going to keep me on the track. Good luck, hopefully you'll get some more opinions. Give RPM a call, you can find their add in ATV Sport magazine.

k2-dawg
05-26-2004, 08:31 AM
I love my RPM swinger too!!! Pricey but you get what you pay for.

muff
05-26-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by k2-dawg
I love my RPM swinger too!!! Pricey but you get what you pay for.

ditto, i bought mine for $365 used on here :devil: couldnt be happier with it

cals400ex
05-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by muff
ditto, i bought mine for $365 used on here :devil: couldnt be happier with it

is that sparks pipe stainless? it looks like stainless but it almost looks like it has been coated....

TC426EX
05-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Looks stainless to me.... Mine is ceramic coated and it definitely looks different. That looks sweet, the only part that looks coated is the canister but I think they do all of those....

By the way, I run a Laeger swingarm but DAMN that RPM and your whole bike in general looks well built and highly BLINGIN!!!!

cals400ex
05-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Looks stainless to me.... Mine is ceramic coated and it definitely looks different. That looks sweet, the only part that looks coated is the canister but I think they do all of those....

By the way, I run a Laeger swingarm but DAMN that RPM and your whole bike in general looks well built and highly BLINGIN!!!!

my headers on my stainless are just not that shiney. they are a darker tan color. however, maybe the light on the camera reflected off of them or maybe these are when the pipes were new.

simoniz
05-26-2004, 07:18 PM
What are the some real advantages to +1 1/2 swing-arm for MX.

muff
05-26-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by simoniz
What are the some real advantages to +1 1/2 swing-arm for MX.

it really helps keep the front end down and off holeshots, especially ones with pavement the quad will want to hook up and go rather than pop wheelies all day (aftermarket shocks help as well)

and thanks for all of the comments guys, the exhaust is stainless and was brand new in the pictures

i like how on the RPM swingarm you can simply rotate the carrier and grease it without having to pull the axle out, plus it looks sick that way :devil:

LilDacktyle
05-26-2004, 08:22 PM
thanks for all the help.
and nice quad muff.

cals400ex
05-26-2004, 11:41 PM
well if anyone knows where i can find a used aftermarket swinger, let me know.

quadjeff
05-27-2004, 08:17 AM
Nice bike. www.Holzracingproducts.com check there. His stuff is killer.