PDA

View Full Version : Front brake rezzy and bleeding

TRAIL
03-21-2002, 01:13 PM
I have searched this site about bleeding brakes and it has helped BUT. I just need to bleed the fronts, and I was attempting to take off the rezzy cover and the screws are liek torqued to about 1,000FT LBS, so i stripped the heads......So my question is...what do i do?drill them and hope they come out with an easy out or take it to the dealer?(i have only had it for 2 or 3 days) and the dealer is like...45 miles away. my fronts are just too mushy feeling.:huh

03-21-2002, 02:15 PM
I'm guessing there's no way for you to remove the screws now??

I'd see about using an easy out,,and the fix to having mushy front breaks is getting stainless brake lines,,,bleeding them might help,,but I think all 400ex's have mushy front breaks. A new front master cyl,,is like $40 from service honda if ya jack the one you have now up,,trying to get the screws out..and if your gonna be drillin,,I'd take the whole master cyl,,off the quad so no crap drops in the rezzy.

"BLAHH"300!!
03-21-2002, 02:50 PM
my dad took it to work with him and i don't know what he used but he grinded a slit into the screw head..so now it's a flat head screw..works just like normal......

couold try that....but i don't know what he used i'll ask