View Full Version : Any Where in/near Chesapeake, Va?

2manyillusions
05-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Hello all,

First time posting on the site. Recently bitten by the bug, now i am throughly addicted :macho

Was wondering if there is anyone in the Chesapeake/ Virginia Beach area that knows of any good spots to ride?

batgeek
05-25-2004, 02:58 PM
i was just told this weekend that the MX track in Currituck just opened an ATV only course. part MX track, part wood trail. i'll prolly be checking it out this weekend with my neighbor.

other than that, the closest you will find for legal riding are Elizabeth City MX park, a ride club out in Surry, and another out in South Hill.

if you are willing to drive, NC offers alot more, and much better riding than anywhere in Virginia. best bets are Big Dog's near Greenville NC(about 2 hours) and NC Motorsports Park near Louisburg NC (about 2.5 hours).

NC Motorsports Park (http://www.ncmotorsportspark.com/)
Big Dog's (http://bigdawgoffroad.com/index.html)

2manyillusions
05-25-2004, 03:53 PM
Sounds like I need to save up my pennies and buy some land in Pungo or something. :eek2:

There are some woods near my house that were used for a Halloween haunted forrest thing, but last i heard it was privately owned, and most likely will get arrested with my luck.

However, didn't see a "Posted" sign heh heh heh :devil:

John250X
01-13-2005, 05:21 PM
I just went down to Elizabeth City to this sand pit. ton of people out there lots of trails jusps sand dunes ect. Lot of fun out there and you won't get in trouble

4LEAFCLOVER
01-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Hey fellas I live in Norfolk,Va and I'm looking for some different places to ride also. I've been to the Morgan's Corner MX track right outside of Elizebeth City,NC and to the MX track Currituck in NC. And I'm not to much into the MX thing, jumping hills and all that stuff. I like to ride trails and secondary dirt roads like back home in Georgia. I own a new 450R and I've only road it about 5 times because there aren't too many places in the Tidewater area to ride. I currently have it broken down because I'm about to put my graphics kit on it so I removed all the plastics to do it inside where it's warm. But I would love to hook with some of you guys in the 757 and go riding in NC some day. I wouldn't mind going to that place where the sand pit is at. I also thought of riding at that place where they had the Haloween Park at this year out in Va Beach, but I was too afraid of perhaps getting locked up for tresspassing. But if any of you guys would like to get in touch with me just shoot me an e-mail at tclover1@cox.net or give me a call at (757)672-4760. Hope to hear from you guys.
Tavares Clover