PDA

View Full Version : clutch slipping??

400EXcrazy
05-22-2004, 08:05 PM
i jacked the back end of my 416 up and i turned it on in 1st gear clutch fully engaged and after it fired up the tires started moving. is the clutch slipping

K_Fulk
05-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Its proly just not adjusted correctly. If it was slipping it would feel like it would be falling into nuetral while you were riding and go back into gear.

KASCHAK
05-22-2004, 08:27 PM
there is another thread about this.. no its not your clutch..

05-22-2004, 08:34 PM
i dunno if its normal on a quad but i know when we jacked up a truck in auto class and started it up to look for leaks, the back wheels were spinning and my auto teacher told me it just did that because it had a heavy weight oil in it, but i dunno thats just what he said

haywire4130
05-23-2004, 12:12 AM
the clutch always has a little drag on it, it never fully seperates the engine from the trans. this is perfectly normal. this is why people who have a kickstart on a big four stroke usually shift into neutral before kicking it. if it's in gear with the clutch in there's slight drag. DO NOT adjust it so they don't spin, you will not have enough free play in the lever to fully disengage the clutch and when you ride your clutch WILL be slipping. enjoy