PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question......

mjtwvc
05-22-2004, 05:59 PM
my brothers yfz idle isnt quite right even before the K&N was
installed .it runs better without the lid but it tends to hesitate
in first a couple times. then its hallen and if you arent into the gas just a hair before giving it full throttle it bogs for a second then picks up . i think were at 4,700 ft or some were around there.
the dealer tells him he doesnt need to rejet it but not sure if
there heads arent in the sand!
anyone that might know we would greatly appreciate ur input..

THANX ;)

05-22-2004, 06:58 PM
you are going to have to rejet the carb for that elevation

Quad18star
05-22-2004, 07:10 PM
Re Jet or play with the air/fuel misture screw!!

ID-YFZracer-BE
05-22-2004, 08:19 PM
the dealers do a crappy job on the fuel air mixture. that is probbaly that problem. i had that happen to mine and it stalled a lot just adjust the mixture and it should be better.

mjtwvc
05-23-2004, 11:48 AM
are you guys changing just the main jet or what????

thanx for your replies........:macho

Quad18star
05-23-2004, 12:48 PM
I've changed both Pilot and Main jet . 45 Pilot .... 170 Main ... ( i run in colder weather ) ... your main can probably be about a 165 or 168

Woody_YFZ
06-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by mjtwvc
my brothers yfz idle isnt quite right even before the K&N was
installed .it runs better without the lid but it tends to hesitate
in first a couple times. then its hallen and if you arent into the gas just a hair before giving it full throttle it bogs for a second then picks up . i think were at 4,700 ft or some were around there.
the dealer tells him he doesnt need to rejet it but not sure if
there heads arent in the sand!
anyone that might know we would greatly appreciate ur input..

THANX ;)

I'm in Utah too. I have a DRD slip on with air box lid removed. I am jetted with a 165 main, stock everything else and 2.5 turns out on the fuel screw. My bike runs awesome. I'm going to try a 45 pilot just for fun to see what happens. I know a couple guys who are only running a 162 main jet with no pipe and a ERS (something like that) air box mod (no box, just a K&N with a sock) and they are not piped.

mjtwvc
06-04-2004, 10:08 PM
THANKS WOODY :macho

hey how does your trx 450r run ? touch the jetting at all ? guess it depends on your mods. mine seems just right even at higher altitudes not sure how high..
you rent out quads ? i think i recognizes the www.motorsports or what ever. i used to rent 660 raptor from this guy that called his buisness woodys rentals it was around 2001.is that buy chance you?
we are almost neighbors im in WVC :D
THANKS again for the input....