PDA

View Full Version : LI riding?

honda400exrider
03-21-2002, 10:00 AM
does anybody ride in any good places on LI? thanz:macho

ny300exrider
03-21-2002, 10:18 AM
hey 400exrider,
i live on long island too. I don't have a quad right now(buying a used 300ex pretty soon) but i know some spots. Where on LI do you live?? i'm in riverhead. There is an awsome pit right down the road from me. It is by the riverhead dump (crown sanitation if you know were that is). I have been there alot to watch the guys ride and the cops havent bothered us....but i have heard the cops are looking to crack down. The owner suppositly(sp?) lets you ride there and is supositly giving out written permission to the riders if the cops hassle them. It has real nice sand hills to carve on, some sweet hill climbs, trails going around the pit, awsome trails that go behing and out of it, a few small jumps and more. There are also some spots on the side of the L.I.E but not sure of exactly what exits or towns they are. i have seen some other people from li on this board that probably know more spots, but hope i helped allittle
;)
later

03-22-2002, 04:04 PM
exit 56,and 64 off the lie,,,and then there is the track at yaphank,,and you can ride at a little spot off rockaway turn pyke by jfk,,and i still ride in on fountain ave and the baja in howard beach,,and the old flushing airport spot

honda400exrider
03-22-2002, 08:19 PM
oh i live in mattituck, right near riverhead.:D

ny300exrider
03-23-2002, 07:02 AM
that is cool that you live in mattituck. I know some places that are even closer to mattituck. They are in jamesport. There are the levlons which are like long flat deep dunelike place but the cops are very strict there. My freind lives in jamesport and says the cops have piped , jetted, modded out raptor 660s. There is also a pit in jamesport that i have never been to, but my freind lives a minute away from it(his dad has a 400ex which he rides and he has an xr80. and is my age (12) ) How old are you? I definitly think you should check the riverhead pit out though. If i lived in mattituck and if i had a quad i would come to it.
well c-ya

honda400exrider
03-23-2002, 03:19 PM
coooooooooooo man that you you live near me. i also go to levlons ALOT, hundreds of times and not once have i seen a cop or dec. well maybe well meet up some time.:p

honda400exrider
03-23-2002, 03:20 PM
ohh and that suposedly COP might be my friend, if its blue, got the steve abbot bumber and alot of other crap, that's my friend. :blah

ny300exrider
03-23-2002, 04:40 PM
dude, this is so cool. Someone on this worldwide board who is the same age as me, and lives less than an hour away from me. Like i said alot, i don't have a quad yet...but am buying a used 300ex by summer. When i get it, we will definitly have to meet up sometime and ride. I wouldn't be suprised if you knew some of my freinds in jamesport. Do you know 2 kids that have xr80s,(peter and kevin) i have a freind with a red 400ex(ethen) some kid with a purple blaster (don't know his name). And a kid with a raptor with white bros. pipe that is 12 years old|!!!!(travis). do you have an aim or aol s/n? so we can talk without postin all the time.
ttyl

honda400exrider
03-23-2002, 05:59 PM
i see some people that meet w/ your description but the only kids i know are chris (w/ a raptor) john (with a 300) steve (with a 416) and steve (with a 440) and also a few kids w/ blasters.:cool:

ny300exrider
03-23-2002, 06:58 PM
thats pretty cool man,
does(john) like his 300? does he have any mods and does it keep up with the rest of you guys

honda400exrider
03-23-2002, 07:04 PM
its definitely not as fast but keeps up. hes got holeshot xtc, dmc exhaust, bars, bumber, and they keep getting stuff so it's hard to keep track of who's got what. LOL:cool:

ny300exrider
03-23-2002, 07:17 PM
cool, when i get mine i actually plan on adding the yoshimura comp slip on....how do you like it and is it extremely loud?

honda400exrider
03-28-2002, 04:44 AM
at first it seems kind of loud, but is quiter than a crapter w/ a t4. i love it anways, and i love the crome looking finish. i think it's the same thing as the other yoshi slip on, except crome looking. it's PHAT i would definetely recomend it.