PDA

View Full Version : Hey tkwarrior

dreth
05-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Hey TK, i believe your bike has the same set up as i want to get. I was wondering how much of an increase the sparks pipe & filter made on the bottom to mid ranges. what size tires are you runnig and do you ride MX. :cool:

theTman
05-21-2004, 08:45 PM
its called a PM.. private message:)

tkwarrior
05-21-2004, 08:55 PM
The increase in power was awesome. I've ridden a Sparks cam/pipe/air filter bike and it wasn't as impressive of a preformer as mine. The owner of the other bike agreed with me also.

I only ride trails which is why I have stock suspension and don't plan on changing unless I can get a very sweet deal on an aftermarket setup. I'm also still running the stock tires.

http://www.kg4vpv.com/~ncliborne/pictures/450R004.jpg

dreth
05-22-2004, 07:41 AM
so the only difference was the cams. you have hrc and your buddy has the sparks. which do you feel has more bottom end.

dreth
05-22-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by theTman
its called a PM.. private message:) hey tman im not a computer guy so i dont know how to PM yet . if you care to explain how i would appreciate it.

tkwarrior
05-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by dreth
so the only difference was the cams. you have hrc and your buddy has the sparks. which do you feel has more bottom end.

Since we don't slow down alot while riding I couldn't tell anything different about the bottom end.

This is not a flame on anyone. I think if anyone is worried about the bottom end of this bike they should either rethink their purchase or adjust the bike for their riding style.

dreth
05-22-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by tkwarrior
Since we don't slow down alot while riding I couldn't tell anything different about the bottom end.

This is not a flame on anyone. I think if anyone is worried about the bottom end of this bike they should either rethink their purchase or adjust the bike for their riding style. its not about my purchase, its about enough power to hit big jumps with short runways. because you dont ride mx your not experiencing what i am . back to back 65ft doubles with only a 60 to70ft runway !!!!! you need lots of bottom to mid power. thats why im asking if you think the acceleration is better or alot better than your stock set up

theTman
05-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by dreth
hey tman im not a computer guy so i dont know how to PM yet . if you care to explain how i would appreciate it.

go to user CP at the top of the page...then when the page loads it will say private messages or sumthin.. click tat.. then its just like positng:)

tkwarrior
05-22-2004, 11:16 AM
You have 18' tires on the back and you are having trouble getting up speed?

4fiddyR
05-22-2004, 12:58 PM
Most trail riding is bottom end and mid-range. Trail riding around here I might once get it into 4th gear, and we ride hard, so most of the power your using is bottom end and mid-range unless your riding in open fields, dunes, fire roads, or railroad tracks. That is where your top end comes into play.