PDA

View Full Version : polairis front struts ??

Red Rooster
08-26-2001, 06:20 AM
Does anyone know how the Works steeler front struts for polaris quads perform. My brother is very interested (i did not write this for myself; i am a diehard honda fan). do they come with springs?

08-28-2001, 01:34 PM
Well here's the skinny on your question and this comes from personal experience. I used to have a highly modded polaris sport 400,,but it got stolen,,anywho,, I put works shocks on mine and yes it was worth the money,,but it did not come with new springs so what you need to have your brother get the struts and add about 20 pounds to his wieght when they ask him his size and wieght,,and have him call EPI erlanderson or I think Dennis kirk has them too, and order a set of heavy duty springs for his bike ,,,I think they cost about 23 bucks a piece. If he puts them heavy duty springs with the works struts he'll be sh*ttin in high cotton,,garaunteed,,,good luck..

RideRed04
08-28-2001, 08:36 PM
what does a fellow do if he has a sportsman with 4 blown shocks? I know works has front struts, but do I need to buy 2 rear shocks? great, that will be cheap!

08-29-2001, 08:19 AM
I'd email or call works and ask them about it. I believe you have to order polaris struts and they make them to your specs,,,cuz it'll take about 2 or 3 weeks before you get them..

Red Rooster
08-29-2001, 11:19 AM
thanks guys, much appreciated