PDA

View Full Version : After market bearing carrier

Woodsrider
05-21-2004, 06:55 PM
If I buy an aftermarket carrier, what am I going to have to buy to replace my stock carrier? I noticed today that mine is getting some play in it, & to rebuild the stocker is $100, So it dont really make sence to stay with stock for a difference of $50.

stupid driver
05-21-2004, 08:50 PM
the carrier from burgard cycle is deffinately a good deal. All you need to buy is the carrier, it comes complete with everything needed. Just grease it up, and slip it into where the stocker was. It works great as well. two thumbs up

JOEX
05-21-2004, 08:55 PM
:macho :macho
Make that four Thumbs up:D

Woodsrider
05-21-2004, 09:20 PM
Okay then. It looks like I'll be ordering that one.

Boy my wifes gonna chit when she sees all the money Im spending this weekend:devil:

KASCHAK
05-22-2004, 08:13 PM
just wondering.. how hard is it to get the bearings out of an aftermarket one.. because my stock one its really hard.. i can ge them out.. but if there were just a notch it would save lots of time and headaches.. also what about a grease fittin? ive seen some greese fittings were the tube is inside.. but you would have to drill a hole in your swingarm and you woudlnt beable to adjust it?

what about double row bearings?? are they two sets of bearings or are they double in side? how hard are they to get out..

i dont want to spend the money on a good one if im only going to ruin it after about 3 sets of bearings.. i check the bearings everday and when i ride i can never tell there is any play.. and when i take it apart the bearings are gone completly!

just a thought.. anyone help?

Meek
05-24-2004, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by KASCHAK
just wondering.. how hard is it to get the bearings out of an aftermarket one.. because my stock one its really hard.. i can ge them out

Put it in an oven at 350 for 15 min, and the bearings will fall out.