PDA

View Full Version : No air up here need ponys any help??

aintskeeredyet
05-21-2004, 03:12 PM
Hey all, I have been riding a stock '03 LTZ-400 since feb of last year but I am needing some more from it now..... I am at 5500 ft MSL normal rides start here and can go to 9800' occasional we unload at 9300' and will push the 11,000' range altitude hurts and bad I am running 100/110LL aviation fuel since new. Any one out there have any recomendations on jetting, increasing rev limiters, cdi boxes, hi compresssion pistons. pipes, Cams,... I would like to port it at some time but I cant stand to be without a ride this time of year perhaps nov or dec the other Q I have is if I am going to do all the above then which one first and I would like to know that when all are installed that they will work together and not gain some with one mod only to losse a little with the next step. I also end up in some really remote area so must have pretty good reliability along with them. Local dealer soo far has parts and pices availiable but no real knowlage about any of them.

Cant breath in CO.

SHOCKER
05-21-2004, 10:03 PM
well the truth is ya need to do all the engine work at once, because its jus to much work to tear the engine apart more than once, even if ya dont have all the money at once, get as many parts ya can get then wait until you can get the rest, that way you can do it all at once, and brake everything in, i have no clue about jetting