PDA

View Full Version : Can't get neutral

foleyit
05-21-2004, 02:59 PM
I just put in my hinson pressure plate, hub, and hinson basket with Sparks 8-plate clutch kit.

I think I've got everything set up correctly. When the 400ex is running I'm not able to put it in neutral. But when it is turned off it will go into neutral real easy.

Any suggestions?

cals400ex
05-21-2004, 04:04 PM
i am not sure how the hinson basket works, but i would imagine you would have to put the last fiber in another grove from the previous fibers. you just rotate it so it sits in the shorter grove if you follow me.

is your clutch lever adjusted correctly??

to be honest, i noticed my bike didn't shift near as smooth as stock after adding the sparks clutch.

K_Fulk
05-21-2004, 04:10 PM
The hinson baskets dont have a diffrent groove to sit the last fiber in.

foleyit
05-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
i am not sure how the hinson basket works, but i would imagine you would have to put the last fiber in another grove from the previous fibers. you just rotate it so it sits in the shorter grove if you follow me.

is your clutch lever adjusted correctly??

to be honest, i noticed my bike didn't shift near as smooth as stock after adding the sparks clutch.

I believe that it is adjusted correctly as it doesn't move when in gear and the clutch is pulled in.

IL400EX
05-24-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by foleyit
I believe that it is adjusted correctly as it doesn't move when in gear and the clutch is pulled in.

The clutch can still be adjusted incorrectly even though it doesn't move while in gear. As my clutch becomes out of adjusment is becomes increasingly harder to find neutral, then almost impossible....

foleyit
05-24-2004, 12:23 PM
I made a few minor adustments to the clutch. Then just took it out and ran through all of the gears. Stopped a couple times and getting it neutral got progressively easier. I thinks it's fine now. Can't wait to see it hook up in the dunes.

Very pleased with the new Hinson components.

SmokinEX
05-24-2004, 12:31 PM
my clutch works fine when driving or trying to push in gear , everytime i try to put it in neutral when it's running the shifter is hard to move, but if i give it a big shot up gas it goes right in..
just wondering if it's normal because my buddies warrior does the same thing