PDA

View Full Version : i cant decide My rear setup

Ex_Rider43
05-21-2004, 02:35 PM
I think its time for some replacement but im asking myself...

I dont really know what setup I will be running I was thinking about a a Full elka rear shock insted of just a rebuild with the elka linkage as well as the RP evolution swingarm but..

I was looking also at the GT thunder link. its realy cheaper but it says that its for 20 inch rear tires. What about 18inch holeshots or Klaws?? I like my bike to sit low but will it be too much with this link?

The stock rear shock and the stock swinger WILL go for sure this summer and I just hate the fact that the rear of my 400 is bumping everywhere at the track so I would like to know if the GT is having the same effects of the Elka? is the elka good for MX too because thats what im doing?

Cole Trane
05-22-2004, 02:08 AM
Elkas are great for everything. Just let them know what kind of riding you will be doing and they can valve it specifically for that.

bradley300
05-22-2004, 08:23 AM
just ask laz at gthunder, hes a great guy, if he has time, he'll prolly make you a link for 18inch tires.

the rear of your 400 bumps everywhere b/c of bad geomtry from the factory, i'm not sure about gthunders (ive never read up on it) but the elka linkage corrects the bad geometry and your frontend will stay much more planted to the ground. look at the sticky at the top of the page, rico has a review on the elka linkage. i also thiunk there is a thread or two about gthunders link