PDA

View Full Version : new quad...

lil400exman
05-21-2004, 09:59 AM
well since i broke my leg i havent had the nerve to really ride the way i did before. i think i want a ute but still of sporty ride and i think a manual shift...........anyone know what can fit my bill? i am thinking a vinson 500 what do u think?

Woodsrider
05-21-2004, 10:17 AM
Dont be a Sally:rolleyes: Get out there and get on your quad and ride. Did you sell your bicycle and get a trike the first time you got road rash? I dont think so. Just be a little more careful;)

lil400exman
05-21-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by soggyrider
Dont be a Sally:rolleyes: Get out there and get on your quad and ride. Did you sell your bicycle and get a trike the first time you got road rash? I dont think so. Just be a little more careful;)
yea but i broke my leg so bad and have so many fractures that if i had a another bad wreck the broke the rod in my leg i wouldnt be able to walk or run again.............which is more important to you?:rolleyes:

hond_rider52
05-21-2004, 10:20 AM
suck it up and keep the ex. once you get the utilty for a while you'll be wishing you still had the ex

Woodsrider
05-21-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by lil400exman
yea but i broke my leg so bad and have so many fractures that if i had a another bad wreck the broke the rod in my leg i wouldnt be able to walk or run again.............which is more important to you?:rolleyes:

Sorry to sound harsh. But really there is no reason to sell it and get a ute. If you think about it, a ute weighs another 100 pounds at least. If that comes over on you you're going to get hurt alot worse than if your sport quad does. You will instinctivly ride with more caution since your accident, and why take a loss on the quad you already have to buy another one?

05-21-2004, 11:39 AM
take some riding classes & learn how to properly ride an ATV

RMX500
05-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
take some riding classes & learn how to properly ride an ATV

nuff' said.

i've had my *** mangled all up to h3LL from a few bad ATV rides but I'm still riding strong. hell, i tore a bunch in my back and bruised some ribs not to mention tore more muscle in the shoulder 3 days ago but I plan to get right back on my predator when I'm healed up.

HondaRancherES
05-21-2004, 03:15 PM
A utility you feel more safe on in my opinion. It doesn't go as fast so you can get a hair up your ***** and fly down a trail. But I do like my Quadsport. For play and speed. Keep the EX and get a utility if you have the cash

RMX500
05-21-2004, 03:41 PM
why do you feel the need to buy a new quad to change your riding habits?

confucious asks..

MOFO
05-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
well since i broke my leg i havent had the nerve to really ride the way i did before. i think i want a ute but still of sporty ride and i think a manual shift...........anyone know what can fit my bill? i am thinking a vinson 500 what do u think?

a little heads up...

when you crash a ute that weighs alot more than a sport quad, and it rolls on you, your in deeper crap. A bigger, heavier quad is NOT the answer to this problem!

Either learn how to ride properly, within your limits, or dont ride at all.

SRH
05-21-2004, 04:00 PM
hey if the guy doesnt wanan ride his 400 anymore or 250r or w.e dont tell him he should, some guys just arent cut out for it, a really hardcore mx guy wont stop because a doc told him he cant break his leg again, i say get a kfx 700, sporty but yet great for woods and trails and stuff im sure once you get back out there youll wanna ride a lil sporty so dont go too much into utility because there not quite as durable if you do decide to jump or hammer through wooped out trails etc

416exmx
05-21-2004, 04:25 PM
a suzuki Vision 500 4x4 auto is a very sweet quad.. we have one, a 03 and i ride it more than my CRF quad or my 400ex... for some reason i just like to ride a utility, they are easy to ride and easy on you... anyway, the vision's are very pepy for a 4x4... it would be a good choice...

p.s i have rode hundreds (literally) of quads and i like the vision..

Woodsrider
05-21-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
a little heads up...

when you crash a ute that weighs alot more than a sport quad, and it rolls on you, your in deeper crap. A bigger, heavier quad is NOT the answer to this problem!

Either learn how to ride properly, within your limits, or dont ride at all.

How do the kids say it?...... WORD

lil400exman
05-24-2004, 11:13 AM
everyone i do know how to ride. i have ridden for many many years. i am just thinking a ute a would help me from not trying to do the crazy things i do. my 250R is a screamer and well to be honest it scares me.

PS-RMX500 what makes you think everyone here is under 16 and cant ride? many posts by you just put down people when some people may have mroe quadding knowledge and seat time than you? :rolleyes: