PDA

View Full Version : making a trip up to nacs...

FF1O5
05-21-2004, 07:13 AM
this weekend im making the 1 and a half hour trip up to nacs racing showroom with about $600 in my pocket.im driving there because my parents are really cheap and if i order $600 worth of parts from a mailorder they would go crazy.I was thinking LRD full system,twin air,and dynojet,but another option is eather LRD slip on,twin air,dynojet and omf scoops.im not too sure about LRD eather,would white-bros be a better choice?full system or slip on?this will be the only money i put into the beast for a while untill i pay my loan off from my aunt,so i want to make it count(probably untill the end of summer)so you guys bust open your nacs catalog and help me out!!

FF1O5
05-21-2004, 07:59 AM
after reacearching the hmf slip-on,i think im goin to order that from somewhere(c&D??) and get the rest at nacs along with the omf scoops and nacs case saver.

05-21-2004, 08:38 AM
why dont yo uorder everything from C&D...it will be alot cheaper

05-21-2004, 09:37 AM
I'd have to say that Nacs is probably the most expensive place to buy ATV parts on earth. I'd contact a few other respectable places before going up there and gettin raped..:huh

Giz400ex
05-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Before you make the trip, why not call first to see if they have the parts. I would strongly recommend the LRD full system over anything!!! Its an excellent exhaust and shows big gains everywhere. I believe there going for $479 (ceramic), double check on that!! But I wouldn't go there without calling first. This time of the year there inventory could be low!!!

Goat397
05-21-2004, 07:38 PM
i live prolly 45 minutes from nacs and ill admitt im not impressed at all by their prices but they stock a ***** load of parts, its also nice to see parts in your hands and not on a computer screen befor you buy them

redroost85
05-22-2004, 08:26 AM
I'm with ya Goat. Nacs got tons of cool schiz....but the pricing is almost gouging!:eek2:

Nice selection, but dang the money they are charging!:huh

05-22-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
Before you make the trip, why not call first to see if they have the parts. I would strongly recommend the LRD full system over anything!!! Its an excellent exhaust and shows big gains everywhere. I believe there going for $479 (ceramic), double check on that!! But I wouldn't go there without calling first. This time of the year there inventory could be low!!!

i dont really like the lrd...sparks is better in my opinion...but from nac's the retail price on a full 400ex system from lrd is $434.95...speak to john if hes there...great guy and will help you out with anything you need

Giz400ex
05-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
i dont really like the lrd...sparks is better in my opinion...but from nac's the retail price on a full 400ex system from lrd is $434.95...speak to john if hes there...great guy and will help you out with anything you need Yeah, I had the sparks for a couple months and wasn't impressed but thats my opinion and the 434.95 would be for the chrome and its for there first style. They are now on there 3rd version and for chrome and ceramic they want 469.95 Pro-4.

cals400ex
05-22-2004, 11:32 AM
i have a stainless sparks x-6. here is my opinion:

it is too big unless your motor is really really strong. my friend runs a x-4 in a 10:1 406 with stage 1 hotcam. i ran the x-6 with stage 2 and a 10.8:1 406. he pulls on me pretty hard in 4th and 5th gear. you may ask how in the H does he?? when riding his bike you can just tell by looking at his headers that they are smaller. also, he has much more back pressure. on my bike, i would go against what sparks told me and get the x-4 over the x-6. i know probably no one on here will believe me. however, i have tested both and know how they both work. mine just doesn't have the back pressure needed and it just wants to bog in the upper two gears. some may say it is my jetting. well our bikes are the same besides the stuff i mentioned earlier. i ran the exact same jetting as he did. i then ran richer and he beat me more. i then leaned it out and my bike ran a tad better (even though he still beat me) but it was to the point where i was running lean and not safe for my bike so i quickly changed to the EXACT same jetting as him. i then thought to change carbs. i changed carbs and that wasn't my problem. i ran a fcr 39 with exactly sparks and then C&D's recommendations and i was still clearly getting beat in the upper gears. i thought it could possibly be my cam. well i know it wasn't the cam or piston becasue it did the exact same thing before i ever went into the motor.

all in all, i wouldn't get a x-6 after doing some testing on it unless you have a heck of a lot more power than me. i am buying a 426 and i will see how it works out. i have a feeling you need a huge motor or a smaller pipe. just my opinion though.

05-23-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
all in all, i wouldn't get a x-6 after doing some testing on it unless you have a heck of a lot more power than me. i am buying a 426 and i will see how it works out. i have a feeling you need a huge motor or a smaller pipe. just my opinion though.

ya i can see where that would be true...but my motor is a 416 with 11.7:1...lots of other mods...the x-6 does fine for me...but i can see how a 406 or a stock bike would perform a ton better with the x4