PDA

View Full Version : New clutch perch on a 400EX?

RedneckEX
05-20-2004, 09:56 PM
So I've got a new lever and perch, and a Cascade PB blockoff, do I rewire the clutch switch on the stock perch together, or how do I get past that? Thanks!
Allan

JOEX
05-20-2004, 10:04 PM
Yep, wire the two wires together.

There is a minor safety issue, the quad will start in gear without the clutch pulled in.

If you don't wire them together the quad will hace to be in neutral to start.

Welcome to the site:) I plan on being in your neck of the woods this fall;)

RedneckEX
05-21-2004, 12:38 AM
Lemme know when, I'm pretty busy, but we could ride if you bring your bike. I'm a full-time student on top of 80 hours a week of work, and fall is hunting season, so yah. Lemme know!
Allan

quadrider400
05-22-2004, 09:26 PM
The other option is to just zip tie the little black box and it is the same as wiring it together....:huh just takes less time....;)

PS I'll go riding to..............:)

haywire4130
05-22-2004, 11:53 PM
i used a 25 amp fuse to plug the wires together. not for any reason, i just had it and it was a good fit. i'd go riding too, but i live in mass and i'm not a magician!

JOEX
05-23-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by RedneckEX
Lemme know when, I'm pretty busy, but we could ride if you bring your bike. I'm a full-time student on top of 80 hours a week of work, and fall is hunting season, so yah. Lemme know!
Allan
I'll be over there for hunting. Most likely with out my quad, will have a utility though. When, depends on if we get our draw, put in for Imnaha bull elk.

RedneckEX
05-23-2004, 06:22 PM
You're into them Roosevelts eh? I have hunted Rocky Mtn all my life, and will hopefully pull a hair tag for Starkey this year. Lemme know when you'll be around if you wanna BS. Later
Allan

05-23-2004, 08:07 PM
how do you work 80 hours a week plus a fulltime student? is that with school & everything b/c if its not i dont thinkits possible, thats alotta overtime too :eek2:

RedneckEX
05-23-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm an intern in a fire department, plus an intern in another fire department. I pull 4 shifts a week, plus 25 credits of school. It is possible, but dosen't leave much time for my EX. Later
Allan