PDA

View Full Version : Kx80 motor in a trx90 frame?

Pvt. Maggot
05-20-2004, 09:23 PM
can this be done?..i know i've seen them but not in stock frames...where can i find a frame?...just wondering..thinking about building one for my sister...hah i wanna ride it thought lol..she already has a 90 and she said she would ride it if i built it so...let me know what u guys know

rollie
05-21-2004, 01:20 PM
I bet she would beat me in a race:)

honda_racer_713
05-24-2004, 04:00 PM
yeah
you can do this with the stock frames, all you have to do is get some different motor mounts rigged up so the kx motor fitsbut make sure the mounts are strong so the motor doesn't move. i did this with a kx and a cr80 and the mounts weren't strong enough and the whole motor moved about an inch and a half and the chain kept falling off.

theTman
05-24-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by honda_racer_713
yeah
you can do this with the stock frames, all you have to do is get some different motor mounts rigged up so the kx motor fitsbut make sure the mounts are strong so the motor doesn't move. i did this with a kx and a cr80 and the mounts weren't strong enough and the whole motor moved about an inch and a half and the chain kept falling off.

true.... and when you go to race... make sure you dont get stuck on a berm... or stuck in sandy woops...

haha sry kyle i couldnt resist:devil:

ROBBSRACING
05-24-2004, 04:50 PM
Sure it can be done. I have built several of them for customers. Heres a pic of one i did recently for Mikey.

http://www.robbsracingengines.com/winchesteredit.jpg

honda_racer_713
05-24-2004, 05:45 PM
yeah i know mikey really good but his motor is only a 70 right robb. yeah him and luke were at winchester this week and they did really good. i crashed on my second moto but i still did alright.

Tman
atleast im not the one crahing and flipping 3 times off a little two foot step up and half to go to the hospital haha ...........but thanx for the pics

im out

Hawk III
05-24-2004, 11:29 PM
rob, whats it cost to stick a cr85 motor in?

theTman
05-25-2004, 02:04 PM
[i]Tman
atleast im not the one crahing and flipping 3 times off a little two foot step up and half to go to the hospital haha ...........but thanx for the pics[/B]

it wasnt my fault....:o and it was only 2 times... not 3.. the ambulance was fun though.. and the hospital ahted me cuz all the mud:eek2: