PDA

View Full Version : the hardest part is...

RMX500
05-20-2004, 08:40 PM
putting the front plastics back on a predator :eek:

holy crap, took me forever.

toby400ex
05-20-2004, 11:10 PM
YAY

Chanman420q
05-21-2004, 05:58 AM
ur a weird person.

Woodsrider
05-21-2004, 07:55 AM
I'll add that to my list of reasons not to buy a predator;)

UglyMotha™
05-21-2004, 02:14 PM
this thread could seriously use a nic big red juicy apple :huh

660RaptorRider
05-21-2004, 03:57 PM
need me to post it agian and get banned and then ill have to make up another name?

TC426EX
05-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Predators suck. Polaris is just not on when it comes to sport quads, or ANY quads except their utilites (which are badass). Why would you release a quad as your first sport quad that is an ILLEGAL displacement for GNC and GNCC racing except for open class. Having people able to race the predator would make them sell so many more of them. So, its too big for non- open class racing, and has a way smaller displacement than any other open class machine... real smart. They are real heavy too and the tank area looks like an abortion from the side. Just a bunch of random plastic parts slapped together. Unfortunately the new honda uses this "exposed tank" style front end that makes it look unfinished. Anyway, unless you are a weekend warrior or into the open class, the predator really has NO purpose. And if you WERE in the open class, why wouldnt you get something like a raptor or ds650 or something with the biggest possible displacement? I mean come on, these guys still put friggin Macpherson strut suspension on quads and everyone knows that those things are worthless, trail only shocks. Plus they look dumb. If polaris wants to really dive into the thriving sport market they need to come out with an up to date 450 or something.....

TC426EX
05-21-2004, 04:11 PM
By the way, "the hardest part is........" reading these dumb posts!

roostin_dale
05-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Predators suck. Polaris is just not on when it comes to sport quads, or ANY quads except their utilites (which are badass). Why would you release a quad as your first sport quad that is an ILLEGAL displacement for GNC and GNCC racing except for open class. Having people able to race the predator would make them sell so many more of them. So, its too big for non- open class racing, and has a way smaller displacement than any other open class machine... real smart. They are real heavy too and the tank area looks like an abortion from the side. Just a bunch of random plastic parts slapped together. Unfortunately the new honda uses this "exposed tank" style front end that makes it look unfinished. Anyway, unless you are a weekend warrior or into the open class, the predator really has NO purpose. And if you WERE in the open class, why wouldnt you get something like a raptor or ds650 or something with the biggest possible displacement? I mean come on, these guys still put friggin Macpherson strut suspension on quads and everyone knows that those things are worthless, trail only shocks. Plus they look dumb. If polaris wants to really dive into the thriving sport market they need to come out with an up to date 450 or something.....

wtf man? the pred. isn't suppose to be made for racing. It is just a quad to go out and have a good time riding. And have you ever even rode one? there actually damn nice quads! Don't judge quads if you have never rode one.

BTW..this thread is kinda pointless and dumb.

05-21-2004, 05:36 PM
i dont think my pred's slow considering my pred which is modified and a friends raptor which is modified got clocked on a paved road and i hit 79mph and he hit 74mph

05-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by DRichitty
i dont think my pred's slow considering my pred which is modified and a friends raptor which is modified got clocked on a paved road and i hit 79mph and he hit 74mph

:eek2: must be the troy lee edition that makes it so much faster:eek2:

AtvMxRider
05-21-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
this thread could seriously use a nic big red juicy apple :huh

OK :devil: http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/atvmxrider/whocares.JPG

TC426EX
05-21-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
wtf man? the pred. isn't suppose to be made for racing. It is just a quad to go out and have a good time riding. And have you ever even rode one? there actually damn nice quads! Don't judge quads if you have never rode one.

BTW..this thread is kinda pointless and dumb.

I HAVE ridden a predator and it is fast and fun. I am just saying that I find polaris' judgement on making quads kind of puzzling. It is a great quad for going out and riding and I said it was good for weekend warriors, but they amped it up like it was ready for the track and it isnt. maybe I was a litte harsh saying they suck at the beginning, I should have said something else, but I stand behind the rest of my claims.

1988R
05-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Dumb post--- Dumb Quad---- and I must be Dumb for reading the whole thing

05-21-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by member
:eek2: must be the troy lee edition that makes it so much faster:eek2:
or maybe its all the mods i have done to it MAN dont scare me with your 1930 400ex...

roostin_dale
05-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
I HAVE ridden a predator and it is fast and fun. I am just saying that I find polaris' judgement on making quads kind of puzzling. It is a great quad for going out and riding and I said it was good for weekend warriors, but they amped it up like it was ready for the track and it isnt. maybe I was a litte harsh saying they suck at the beginning, I should have said something else, but I stand behind the rest of my claims.

OK i gotcha..They are nice quads but i agree that Polaris isn't to great at developing sport quads.

RMX500
05-22-2004, 01:06 AM
1. this thread is about predator plastics sucking, not predator's, or 400EX's, or Raptors sucking.

2. since everyones into it i guess i'll toss in my 2 cents.

Predator has a couple ATV of the year awards. It's beaten every other open class quad in at least one shootout. Daryl Rath is living proof Predator's kick ***. TroyLeePred03 on this site has a Pred that would put most quads here to shame.

The only downfall of the predator is weight. Everything else is just peachy in 04'

just as much horse as every other machine. next to the YFZ it has the best stock shocks. comes with the best standard options.

Predator's don't suck. The first ones did but they fixed the issues. The first Raptors sucked but they had their issues fixed. Like every new quad it had it's issues. All I think is dumb is how the front plastics go on.

Predator's aren't only new as a quad, but as Polaris's first sport quad I think they are kicking ***. Let me tell you, my 375lbs of Predator (had a diet plan) kicks the living shiot out of everything but an equally tuned 450 quad.

They are basically flawless as an 04' model. The only obstacle is the weight and I've proven it's something possible to overcome without spending too much.

I really don't understand why so many people hate on them. I mean they aren't quite as good as a 450R or YFZ but if Pred's were 350lbs they would be. Predator's with reduced weight are just as capable as ANY other quad at doing the MX thing. There even is a 450 kit for the Predator and it's not much. I don't see why people say it's just a weekend warrior. Bone stock it's pretty much a weekend quad.. but bonestock it's kicking the crap out of both the DS and V-Force and beating the Raptor much of the time in XC and Baja tests. How could it be a weekend warrior? It has 40 horse and has as many people calling it the best handling quad as the YFZ does.

Rumor is for 05 or 06 Polaris will have a 450 class sport quad, namely the Venom. Now.. I think the fact that their second attempt at a sport quad will be competitive with the most profoundly refined yami's and honda's is pretty impressive.

So in closing. Unless there's something factually wrong with a new predator besides a lil' weight problem off the floor, spill it or just shut up and stop being a brand -expletive deleted-

4wheelboy
05-22-2004, 09:31 AM
They are basically flawless as an 04' model. The only obstacle is the weight and I've proven it's something possible to overcome without spending too much.

taking the seat off is not a good way of reducing the weight:rolleyes:

Atreyu
05-22-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by RMX500
Predator has a couple ATV of the year awards. It's beaten every other open class quad in at least one shootout. Daryl Rath is living proof Predator's kick ***. TroyLeePred03 on this site has a Pred that would put most quads here to shame.

The only downfall of the predator is weight. Everything else is just peachy in 04'

just as much horse as every other machine. next to the YFZ it has the best stock shocks. comes with the best standard options.

Predator's don't suck. The first ones did but they fixed the issues. The first Raptors sucked but they had their issues fixed. Like every new quad it had it's issues. All I think is dumb is how the front plastics go on.

Predator's aren't only new as a quad, but as Polaris's first sport quad I think they are kicking ***. Let me tell you, my 375lbs of Predator (had a diet plan) kicks the living shiot out of everything but an equally tuned 450 quad.

I really don't understand why so many people hate on them. I mean they aren't quite as good as a 450R or YFZ but if Pred's were 350lbs they would be. Predator's with reduced weight are just as capable as ANY other quad at doing the MX thing. There even is a 450 kit for the Predator and it's not much. I don't see why people say it's just a weekend warrior. Bone stock it's pretty much a weekend quad.. but bonestock it's kicking the crap out of both the DS and V-Force and beating the Raptor much of the time in XC and Baja tests. How could it be a weekend warrior? It has 40 horse and has as many people calling it the best handling quad as the YFZ does.

Rumor is for 05 or 06 Polaris will have a 450 class sport quad, namely the Venom. Now.. I think the fact that their second attempt at a sport quad will be competitive with the most profoundly refined yami's and honda's is pretty impressive.

So in closing. Unless there's something factually wrong with a new predator besides a lil' weight problem off the floor, spill it or just shut up and stop being a brand -expletive deleted-

1. this thread is about predator plastics sucking, not predator's

05-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by DRichitty
or maybe its all the mods i have done to it MAN dont scare me with your 1930 400ex...

sorry didnt mean for you to take it that way:o and my 400ex is completly stock(:D ) so i wouldnt try to scare you with it.