PDA

View Full Version : cdi box

Husker440ex
05-20-2004, 08:04 PM
I have recently modified my 2002 Honda into a 440. I've ported and polished the head, R-4 full exhaust, Stage 2 cam and jet kit. I've have a used whitebrothers cdi box that came with the bike when I purchased it. I've heard arguments that this is the quickest way to burn up a motor. Does anybody have any suggestions or opions. Thanks

rob-u/21
05-20-2004, 08:32 PM
I have a duncan 440 national kit on my and the people at duncan say that the rev box only makes the bike rev higher, that it doesnt make it any faster. They also told me about a month ago that Vortex is working on a cdi that will actually make it faster.

cals400ex
05-21-2004, 04:34 PM
the extra rpms are really tough on your valve springs. i would recommend changing them out. well, it is also hard on every other engine part too. :D

quadrider400
05-22-2004, 08:56 PM
If you have the Whites and can start your Quad I am impressed from the moment I put mine in starting was nothing short of a pain in the *****.... after reading enough bad about them I got a big gun rev limiter. My Quad never started to easy. One push of the button and it fires everytime.
With the whites it was allready warmed up by the time it started:macho :huh :p

03400EX_Nacs
05-22-2004, 10:11 PM
i'll tell ya what i would do and i would get rid of that R-4 exhaust!!! i had it and didnt think anything was wrong with it but i went to get some headers for it and they discontinued the pipe because they said it sucked so bad!!! after i got my supertrapp i found out what my quad could really do!
Thanks

haywire4130
05-22-2004, 11:51 PM
practice short shifting the thing and use the broad powerband to go fast. wringing the thing to the moon will not make you go faster, but WILL beat the hell out of your engine! it's not a 2 stroke!