PDA

View Full Version : Boots

SnowFlake
05-20-2004, 07:22 PM
I went to my local cycle shop to go look at boots and i was trying on some boots and i was thinking its gotta be hard to shift in these things, i just wanted to know is it a pain. And the guy there said for me to look at the ATV alpine star boots wich were $245 they look alot different than the normal boots. Well just tell me you input please.

-snowflake

AtvMxRider
05-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Thet are stiff at 1st but once they get broken in you won't want to ride with out them.

2001400ex
05-20-2004, 07:34 PM
You can adjust your shifter up too. When the shifter is at the stock locatioin it's hard shifting in anything besides sneakers.

JOEX
05-20-2004, 08:32 PM
I bought first set of riding boots this year, Alpinestar Tech-6. It took some time to get used to them but they are worth it. Had to get used to shifting with my leg instead of my ankle.

4punksdad
05-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I bought first set of riding boots this year, Alpinestar Tech-6. It took some time to get used to them but they are worth it. Had to get used to shifting with my leg instead of my ankle.

I dont have that problem joe. Try moving your shifter or take a grinder to the top of your boot to make shifting more comfortable.

JOEX
05-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
I dont have that problem joe. Try moving your shifter or take a grinder to the top of your boot to make shifting more comfortable.
I moved the shifter up and that helped alot. I thought the tranny was going out at first, everytime i'd hit a jump or bump it would pop out of gear.

The boots are a still a little stiff in the ankle, hoping they will soften with more use.

Good to hear from you:)

4punksdad
05-20-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I moved the shifter up and that helped alot. I thought the tranny was going out at first, everytime i'd hit a jump or bump it would pop out of gear.

The boots are a still a little stiff in the ankle, hoping they will soften with more use.

Good to hear from you:)

I have similar boots made by alpinestar for MSR. Mine have raised "tits" all over the toe area. I actually took a 4" grinder and did away with them on my left boot. Helped shifting 200%. The plastic boots never break in like the old leather ones did.

JOEX
05-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
I have similar boots made by alpinestar for MSR. Mine have raised "tits" all over the toe area. I actually took a 4" grinder and did away with them on my left boot. Helped shifting 200%. The plastic boots never break in like the old leather ones did.
Thanks Joe. These have the same tits but i'm a little reluctant to take a grinder to $200 boots:p I'll consider it though;) I was thinking the same about the plastic vs leather.

Mr.Offroad
05-20-2004, 10:42 PM
I got my 1st pair of boots this past summer. Fox Trackers. I had never worn riding boots before, and thought they sucked cuz they were so stiff. I had to sit way forward on the seat with my lower legs angled back to be able to get my toe under the shifter. They're already broken in now, and what a difference. They're just like wearing work boots now, they flex so well.

sandbunny2004
05-20-2004, 10:51 PM
I have a pair of the new alpine stars, and they are somewhat difficult to shift in them at first, but thats how it is with any boot. Once u break them in they're fine!

SnowFlake
05-21-2004, 07:04 AM
Are those fox trackers the ATV boots or the normal ones.

redroost85
05-21-2004, 07:32 AM
I got the Alpinestars tech 4's (?) with the atv sole. I got them cheap and I like having some tread on my boots. All the boots I have had before sucked in comparison. I love my Alpinstars!:)

Mr.Offroad
05-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by SnowFlake
Are those fox trackers the ATV boots or the normal ones. Just the dirt bike boot, I'm gonna guess.

ReconRider25
05-21-2004, 08:48 PM
^^^they dont have the smooth sole so im gonna say theyre good fer quads too. i have a pair along with my thor t-20's

diesel-mech
05-21-2004, 10:56 PM
I had a pair of tech7's They were great! flat on top easy to shift. I have tech 8's now and I wish I had my 7's back!

SnowFlake
05-22-2004, 07:29 AM
These were the so called ATV boots i was lookking at the people said they are more flexible for shfting.

http://www.alpinestars.com/_lp/boots/vector.jpg