PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever build a go-cart or something with a lawnmower engine?

JDiablo
05-20-2004, 06:33 PM
just as it says....my dad took a POS lawnmower from a job he was working at for me to screw around with and i actually got it to run....so now i don't know what to do with it,i want to try and get like a lil frame or something made up but idk where to start or how to mount the motor because it has the vertical shaft instead of the horizontal one in which i need....anyone have any ideas:confused:

Berry
05-20-2004, 06:39 PM
is it a push mower? if its a riding mower do this:

1. find a big hill (make shure its very dangerous, lots of hills and jumps)

2. get on the top while wearing a superman cape and a helmet with a wing on the top

3. start your mower up, put her in the highest gear with the highest throttle setting, and dump the clutch and hang on!

4. hold tight, grit your teeth (hold your tounge out, makes you look cool) and pray to god you come out alive!

thats what i do with free stuff :blah:

JDiablo
05-20-2004, 06:41 PM
lol....no it a cheap POS push one....if it was a ride on one i would have some fun with that....lol but yea it a push one :(

ReconRider25
05-20-2004, 06:50 PM
my friend's lil bro races flattrack on a go cart that the engine i believe is the same thing they put in some lawnmowers. its only like a 6hp one or somethin but its all modded out n stuff so it does like 70.:eek2: actually i think hes racin tonight....:p

JDiablo
05-20-2004, 06:55 PM
i got a 5 hp i think....but idk if i will be able to mount it so that the shaft can turn the wheels.....ahhh will continue to look for another engine then....

WEEZIL
05-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Berry is the man
I would go with his suggestion.
Oh.. dont get any grass stains in your superman cape because thats soo un cool.. OOO that or wear one of those evil kenivel helmets with the white stars.. If you can bolt a milk crate over the engine.. that way you have a nice place to sit.. and you can go multipule times

JDiablo
05-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by WEEZIL
Berry is the man
I would go with his suggestion.
Oh.. dont get any grass stains in your superman cape because thats soo un cool.. OOO that or wear one of those evil kenivel helmets with the white stars.. If you can bolt a milk crate over the engine.. that way you have a nice place to sit.. and you can go multipule times

lol you guys have real good suggestions....that milk crate idea seems like it might actually hold up somewhat....idk what color should i spraypaint it?:confused: :blah:

WEEZIL
05-20-2004, 08:11 PM
I dunno either.. make sure it matches your helmet and or cape

JDiablo
05-20-2004, 08:14 PM
i think pink and purple will do just fine:macho

Berry
05-20-2004, 08:25 PM
ok its a push mower so what you do it this :

take the engine out of the deck of the mower. then mount a nice wheel barrow tire or somthing to the shaft. then get ropes and tie all over the engine, make them a few feet long...then crank up the moter and the engine will start jumping around every where, and the ropes will be flying all over the place so you have to dodge the ropes, its a fun game!
OR

go to someones house you dont like, take the mower and turn it upside down beside there house. then get you some grapes/ watermelon/ pineapple/ tomatoes/ cow poo/ whatever you decide, then turn the mower on with the blade spinning really fast throw whatever you want on the roof and make shure when it falls it falls on the blade, but throw it on the roof and run like heck, when they come outside the side of there house will look/smell really pretty

JDiablo
05-20-2004, 08:26 PM
lol i like the projetile(sp) idea

Juggalo
05-20-2004, 08:57 PM
it won't work because a lawnmower is a verical shaft and you need a horizontal shaft for a go cart.

JOEX
05-20-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
it won't work because a lawnmower is a verical shaft and you need a horizontal shaft for a go cart.
:macho
You need a rototiller motor:)

DangerousDean
05-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
:macho
You need a rototiller motor:)
yup, and i just found our rototiller, we were gonna sell it at the garage sale but im keeping it and building a go cart :)

I have all the steel layed out i just have to weld it, then i need tires and figure out how to tun the thing :)

http://www.pbase.com/image/29155532
http://www.pbase.com/image/29155539

:eek2:

SGA
05-20-2004, 10:50 PM
Why not take your now running mower and go cut a few yards for some cash??

JOEX
05-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by SGA
That would involve a four letter word.............................................w ork:D

Good advice though;) :)

Woodsrider
05-21-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by SGA

Exactly! Then you will have the money to buy a side shaft engine and all the steel to fab a chassis;)

JDiablo
05-21-2004, 01:32 PM
well.....it isn't so country like where i live,if you get the point....up by my lakehouse is where i got all the mowers and stuff.....but i just going to do some stupid stuff with this engine,and im going to find a horizontal shaft engine,i had one but the carb was shot

Berry
05-21-2004, 02:15 PM
start it up, throw it in the lake and see how long it runs!

JDiablo
05-21-2004, 02:22 PM
i was thinkin of brining down to a river and blowing it up and watnot....lol idk i just might throw it out

05-21-2004, 02:44 PM
tie a bunch of long fuses on a m80 then put it in the gas tank light the big long fuse and run like a bat out of hell;)

NTPracing22
05-21-2004, 02:53 PM
don't build a go-cart with a 5hp, use somethin fun like a 300ex, or 400ex motor for that

use the 5hp and build a mini chopper, I''ll give you help if you need it;)