PDA

View Full Version : axlenut help

jaywoodsrider
05-20-2004, 06:17 PM
the bigger nut is all the way to the right and th smaller one is against the brake rotor, i can't get either one to move, can anyone help me

Flip_SideEX
05-20-2004, 06:27 PM
Isnt the one on the right left threaded? and the one on the left is right? I was just working on that part tonight. I think how it goes.

jaywoodsrider
05-20-2004, 06:32 PM
so you would need to turn the one on the right side down

jaywoodsrider
05-21-2004, 09:26 AM
iv'e been cranking on this thing with a pipe wrench and i can't get it to move at all

05-21-2004, 10:12 AM
it will turn....you turn everything towards the rotor & brakestay & swingarm first....then you will reveal the Cclip that you pop off...then everything slips off.....good luck

jaywoodsrider
05-21-2004, 10:41 AM
I have a pipe wrench on the axle and a crescent wrench on the right side nut. I've been using a 5 ft long pipe on the crescent wrench pushing down and i can't get the thing to budge at all. That nut is reverse thread, so i would need to push down, right.

05-21-2004, 11:23 AM
u go down on the inside nut first so it goes towards the tor...then yo udo the same with the larger outside nut & it revelas the cclip...u can then slip the locknut off

jaywoodsrider
05-21-2004, 11:50 AM
I think the nut is stuck on the clip. I got the inside one to move a little bit, but it is still tight as hell against the rotor and i can't move it anymore.

jaywoodsrider
05-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
u go down on the inside nut first so it goes towards the tor...then yo udo the same with the larger outside nut & it revelas the cclip...u can then slip the locknut off

Ok, if i'm going down on the inside nut, then it should be moving to the right towards the the other nut, correct or no

jaywoodsrider
05-21-2004, 01:15 PM
I'm about ready to take a torch to the damn thing.

KASCHAK
05-21-2004, 01:19 PM
ok the two nuts should be touching each other.. the inside one should be against the outside one.. if it against the rotor tahts not good.. if it is there then pull UP on it
to get it away from there...

once you get taht in the middle the go ( if your tighting the axle bearings then go up on the outside one)( if your takign the axle off then go down on the outside one to reveal the clip.. ) if you still need help ill take some pics for you.

dont takt the touch to it!!

haha

jaywoodsrider
05-21-2004, 01:31 PM
It's against the rotor, i'm pulling up on it and can't even get it to budge. I'd take a pic but the bats are chargin.

honda400exrider
07-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
it will turn....you turn everything towards the rotor & brakestay & swingarm first....then you will reveal the Cclip that you pop off...then everything slips off.....good luck

hmm i was just working on mine and i was wondering the best way to get the C clip off. i only spent like two minutes on it but im not sure what everyone does, just hammer and screwdriver or what?

Spikers400
07-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Snap Ring pliers. Spread it untill theres a gap on the top. And wedge a screw driver in it, and pull it off.

Cole Trane
07-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Or you can just work at it with two small flathead screw drivers or some scribes if you don't wanna spend the money on snap ring pliers.