PDA

View Full Version : KFX cutting out, but only in neutral?

kc 300EX
05-20-2004, 05:21 PM
Ok, my KFX starts fine, every time. I let it warm up, every time. All of a sudden when I try to rev it in neutral it bogs and back fires and I can't get it to rev. As soon as I put it into gear, even if I dont move, this stops and it revs fine, but still will not rev in neutral.
What the heck is going on?? This happened all of a sudden after a race last weekend and I am clueless! Any idea??

Ericthered rdr
05-21-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by kc 300EX
Ok, my KFX starts fine, every time. I let it warm up, every time. All of a sudden when I try to rev it in neutral it bogs and back fires and I can't get it to rev. As soon as I put it into gear, even if I dont move, this stops and it revs fine, but still will not rev in neutral.
What the heck is going on?? This happened all of a sudden after a race last weekend and I am clueless! Any idea??

I saw a very similar post to this on Z400central.com. The guy wond up having to adjust his reverse cable and everything was fine. I am not saying this is your problem but it is worth taking a look at. The only thing that is going to limit the revs is the high rpm limit and the reverse limiter. Good luck and let us know what you find.

250rmike
05-22-2004, 05:34 PM
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND WHEN I LOOKED DOWN THE CHOKE WAS SLIGHTLY ON MIGHT TRY THAT KINDA DUMB BUT DUMB THINGS SEEM TO BE THE REASON FOR ALOT OF STUFF

250rmike
05-22-2004, 05:35 PM
sorry didnt realize i had caps on

Syrus
05-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
sorry didnt realize i had caps on

lmao..

Billdog350
06-03-2004, 07:00 AM
Sounds like something related to the reverse rev limiter....possibly the neutral and reverse wires are shorted together or the cable/switch is not adjusted or working correctly. The backfiring and revving sound like the reverse rev limiter. Does it do the same thing when you're in reverse?

atvridernc
03-10-2005, 06:08 PM
yeah my friends z started doin that after a race when he broke his battery cable.

Jdeiter
03-12-2005, 09:06 AM
thats because you have a neutral and reverse rev limiter on the quad..

http://www.z400central.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=29182&hl=reverse+rev

do that mod and you'll be good to go