PDA

View Full Version : deep woops,mis,jetting???

05-20-2004, 05:19 PM
heres my problem. i ride a practice track with 30 bikes and it is sand, the woops get nasty 3ft deep and prety slow . i have an fmf ti4 slip, a 148 main and cut a hole in the back of the box 1x3. i did not move the needle. now when i hit the face of a woop with back tires first or even dive into one and mash it to double the nextit cuts out. not all the time but more often than not and it is very unnerving. could it be the needle needs to be moved, or some thing else??????? :confused: :confused: any feedback is greatly apretiated:(

joe1l
05-20-2004, 09:15 PM
i have an fmf ti4 slip, a 148 main and cut a hole in the back of the box 1x3.

You should buy yourself a jet kit, or get your hands on an HRC needle, and you definately need to go richer on the main jet. I know that as soon as I cut a hole in my airbox lid, the jetting was completely off. I bought the Curtis Sparks jet kit, put the needle in the 3rc clip position and put a 185 main jet, and I was only running the HRC endcap with a cut airbox lid. If your bike cuts off, its a sign of being lean. I know if you cut your lid (like the hrc) and you run a pipe or a slip on a 180-185 is needed with the needle in the 3rd clip position.

tkwarrior
05-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Does it cut out when you mash it full throttle?

This bike comes with an accelerator pump and most bike that have them don't respond well to going closed or 1/4 throttle to wide open real quick. Next time your out riding try to gradually run the throttle open and not just stab it.

There have been tons of threads about jetting and carbs on this board do a quick search. Many of them have a link to how carbs work and if the bike is cutting out at a certain throttle range you can reference that chart and help pinpoint your problem.

05-21-2004, 10:06 PM
the plug looks mint, but i'm out of comision for a week so i'm gona try a 160 main and moving the clip all the way down. i've read that you should also turn the air screw out 2 1/2 turs so i'll try that too. i'll let yoou know how it works. thanks for the input;)

05-22-2004, 07:29 PM
hey um where's the air screw?:confused:

05-29-2004, 10:01 PM
just to update iput in a 170 main and moved the clip all the way down, wormed it up and only went around the block but it feels gooood! goin ridin tomarow.:D