PDA

View Full Version : startin trouble....

dpizz450
05-20-2004, 02:19 PM
my kfx has trouble startin.....i kno i need to get it rejetted but it jus started doin thsi and it hasnt been rejetted for a while and it just started...........i half to give it a lil gas to get it started and it will like backfire a good bit when i give it osme gas but when i get it goin its good but when i slow down it will start to cut off.........i chcecked my airbox cleaned my air filter.....the batteries good i think what else could it be?

KFX400MxR
05-20-2004, 03:45 PM
try adjustin the air scerw.

quadnice
05-22-2004, 09:12 PM
check the breather line, coming off the back of the fuel petcock valve.
sounds like an air leak

TGW_400ex
05-24-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by YZrida
my kfx has trouble startin.....i kno i need to get it rejetted but it jus started doin thsi and it hasnt been rejetted for a while and it just started...........i half to give it a lil gas to get it started and it will like backfire a good bit when i give it osme gas but when i get it goin its good but when i slow down it will start to cut off.........i chcecked my airbox cleaned my air filter.....the batteries good i think what else could it be?

do you let it warm up? That has caused my ex to do that

SHOCKER
05-24-2004, 06:34 PM
also check the overflow line out of the gas cap, if its kinked it will do this, it happened to me the first trip on my bike on a night ride so i got towed back and my friend was looking at it and sayed o hey your hose is kinked so i twisted it back to where its not kinked and it ran great again

kickin kfx 400
05-24-2004, 06:52 PM
check or replace the spark plug

300_14_racer
05-24-2004, 08:01 PM
mine did that and the valves needed to be adjusted