PDA

View Full Version : Two Atv's Stolen in Maryland

AtvRidersMD
05-20-2004, 11:13 AM
I tried posting in the stolen Atv forum and it would not let me, so if someone could move this to that forum it would be great. We live in Rockville, MD and had two ATV's stolen they were less than a week old, one was a 2004 Polaris Predator 500, and the other one was a 2004 Bombardier DS650 Baja X model, there is currently a $1,000 reward for information leading to there return. Please Please let us know if you find anything or hear anything, no tip is to small. We just want them back :(

quadrcr161
05-20-2004, 11:18 AM
hope you find them and the people who took them. how were they stolen?

chucked
05-20-2004, 01:44 PM
ill keep an eye out, Do you have their vins?

05-20-2004, 03:04 PM
how were they stolen so we can try to stop it from happening to us.....good luck man..if they were stolen out of your home then your home owners insurance should cover them under burglary :confused: ;)

Pappy
05-20-2004, 04:02 PM
copy will be sent to the correct section for you.

post some specifics about each quad, but hold back a few things that maybe only you would know so the thief wont alter them if they happen to read about.

greghall
05-20-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
how were they stolen so we can try to stop it from happening to us.....good luck man..if they were stolen out of your home then your home owners insurance should cover them under burglary :confused: ;) sorry but home owners will NOT cover themI lost $12.000 worth of bikes & never seen them again,GO to all the local ride spots you may get lucky & see them,Go to Dicks sporting goods & buy a Louisvlle slugger & hide behind a tree :devil: well you get what I mean.IT PAYS TO HAVE FULL COVERAGE ON YOUR BIKES DON'T TAKE INSURENCE FOR GRANTED!!!Mine were stolen in Baltimore co. three years ago there is a ring going & stealing bikes to sell out of state.

AtvRidersMD
05-21-2004, 05:45 AM
I can't believe all the replys, thanks for your alls support. They were locked behind a 7ft privacy fence, with a 14 ft trailer also locked parked flush agianst the gate and a truck pulled up touching the trailer. They lifted the trailer and put it in the neighbors yard, they scaled the fence and cut the lock and then rolled them away :( We also have two great Danes that were we think sedated because they were acting really out ofit for most of that day laying around. And they bark at everything. We do have the VIN numbers so email if anyone thinks they found it, we can confirm the VIN's. The DS650 BAJA X is black with a big yellow X on it, it has all the top racing features on it, definetly top of the line, fog lights and such also. The predator was a straight of the sales floor predator silver with the red and black stickers. If anyone has anymore ideas of where to look or what to do let me know. We have been to all the local shops and posted over 100 flyers we also have a 3' x 5' banner in our front yard and I have emailed or faxed a good number of ATV parks in VA, MD, PA, NC, and WV. Thanks for all the replys.

seatec
05-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Atvrider. im am sorry for you loss and thanx for giving us the heads up. ill look out for them and will have a ehh "STERN" talking to if i find them. You can buy the movie rights afterwards. lol

Pappy! Ill ask them if they are comfortable sitting on somebody elses quad. :devil:

AtvRidersMD
05-24-2004, 04:13 AM
Well no luck this weekend..... but we passed out more flyers and we are trying to keep our hopes up. We can't get the cops to return our calls to see if they found anything, someone told us that thiers was recovered by the cops and then they sat on it for 2 months before calling them.... AHHHHH and we pay these people to serve and protect us and our property.

Guy400
05-24-2004, 05:20 AM
I'm sorry about your loss. I know what's it's like to have your quads robbed. I had 2 brand new quads stolen before the first month's payment had even been made. Like others have said, homeowners did not cover them because they're considered recreation vehicles and require a seperate policy. They told us if we had proof that they were used for home maintenance that they would've been covered (i.e., mower deck, snow plow, etc.). The 2 thieves opened the service door on the side of the garage and then opened the 10' garage door by hand and just rolled them away. When we called the cops they just came out and took our information and told us it's highly unlikely we'll ever get them back. The cops never fingerprinted any of the door knobs or locks. When asked why not they responded with "They probably wore gloves." But how do you know if you don't check? At any rate, the cops never called us back and we never saw the quads again. Wound up making payments on 2 quads that weren't even in our possession until they were paid off:grr:

AtvRidersMD
05-24-2004, 05:22 AM
That sucks I feel so bad for you, we just paid off the credit card we bought them on with my bonus so $13,000 is gone with no quads to show for it, we rode them once :( We tried to get the cops to do things that day and got no where :mad:

greghall
05-24-2004, 06:10 AM
Everybodfy that reads this post get insurence NOW!!!!! don't make the same mistake I did by thinking home owners will cover them THEY WON'T!!!!GET INSURENCE!!!Sorry I know how you guys feel>

Pappy
05-24-2004, 06:32 AM
Montgomery County, PG and Howard County cops are all pretty ;ame when it comes to atv's. One of my employee's had his quad stolen, it was recovered the next day, and it was almost a year before they notified him it had been found:o

My eye's will be open for them. From what i hear there is a ring in Tennessee that is moving most of the quads stolen from the east coast. Keep an eye on ebay also, and being so close to DC you cant rule out that its down there:grr:

Quadude32
05-24-2004, 07:10 AM
What's a good insurance co. Thats cover's Race Quad's?My personal insur. Co. Wont.:mad:

Pappy
05-24-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Quadude32
What's a good insurance co. Thats cover's Race Quad's?My personal insur. Co. Wont.:mad:

Progressive handled mine simply because they were cheaper then allstate. make some calls and do some question asking.

Guy400
05-24-2004, 07:26 AM
I insured both my Raptor and 400EX with Progressive. Rates will vary based on location, etc. but if I remember correctly it was about $380-$390/year. You can either pay it all at once or they do 4 monthly payments of around $100. Progressive certainly isn't the cheapest but my insurance company for my house and cars doesn't insure quads, jet ski's or motorcycles so they sub it out to Progressive. My buddy had his Banshee through Allstate and lived in the same neighborhood as me and his was only $180/year. When I called Progressive to ask about why my rate was so high compared to my friend's Banshee she told me it was because of 9/11. When I asked her WTF 9/11 had to do with quad theft she couldn't give me a decent answer. She then told me it's partly based on cc's. So, when I asked why the 400EX was at the same rate as my 660cc Raptor and they were both double the cost of a Banshee she said that 350cc is the cut-off point and anything over that is considered a "race" bike. I think she was just pulling things out of her *** and there was no way I was going to get the rate any lower so I just bit the bullet and paid my dues.

Pappy
05-24-2004, 07:30 AM
GUY400, thats about the rates I paid. 9/11 forced the insurance companies to raise rates in all areas of insurance...BS or not they did it:(

Guy400
05-24-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
GUY400, thats about the rates I paid. 9/11 forced the insurance companies to raise rates in all areas of insurance...BS or not they did it:( The girl I spoke to that day said that all rates were raised because of 9/11 but the funny part for me personally is that my homeowners didn't go up and my auto insurance went down. I'm beyond 25 years old and I've been married for quite some time so I don't see why my rates would've dropped on the car. No tickets or accidents for either me or my wife. Oh well, I'll take lower rates whenever I can get them :macho

Pappy
05-24-2004, 07:37 AM
Our car rates went up, so did our homeowners. Maybe it was a state by state increase:confused:

In any event, insurance is a needed item these days. I havent renewed since I moved out of state but probably will after I have a year of residence. They wont even insure my quads till Ive lived in the state a year:huh

MOFO
05-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
They wont even insure my quads till Ive lived in the state a year:huh

thats a bunch of BS if you ask me. Did they say why you had to live in the state for a year before they insure your quads???

Pappy
05-25-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
thats a bunch of BS if you ask me. Did they say why you had to live in the state for a year before they insure your quads???

i reckon it has to due with the high insurance claim rate in this state....its not just quads, just getting homeowners was like pulling teeth