PDA

View Full Version : Kids GNCC ?????

Johnny & Monica
05-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Awhile back there was a post about how many would be interested in having kids atv races at the GNCC . Has anyone heard anything else about this ??? I think it would really be awesome. And so do the kids.

Pappy
05-20-2004, 08:26 AM
the 2 biggest obstacles are time and turn out. i think turn out would be incredible and as for time they should run the kids bikes on sunday and keep saturday as quad day:macho

400ex_drummer
05-20-2004, 08:27 AM
it would be cool but i dont think it would happen, not in the near future anyway.:(

Johnny & Monica
05-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
the 2 biggest obstacles are time and turn out. i think turn out would be incredible and as for time they should run the kids bikes on sunday and keep saturday as quad day:macho

I agree . Are you gonna call Rita and tell her we've already got it decided ????

Pappy
05-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by mikeracerx34
I agree . Are you gonna call Rita and tell her we've already got it decided ????

actually im leaning more towards developing my own series:eek:

Johnny & Monica
05-20-2004, 08:34 AM
Concrete plans or just dreaming????

Pappy
05-20-2004, 08:49 AM
Concrete plans or just dreaming????

my biggest down fall as a person is that when i want something...i get it.

i see it this way.

right now there is a huge demand for kids series. very few states or districts offer it and when they do its normally a success. most parents tell me that they race but withhold from traveling because the promotors usually offer very short moto's or in gncc racing a 20 minute race. the kids are usually a side show and meant to entertain the parents and kids before the real event takes place (ofcourse we pay full gate fee's and race admissions)

a dedicated series of say 20 races, designed for kids completely would attract a huge following in very short order. the largest obstacle would be promotion (exriders, atv sport and other places are already available for getting the word out) the next big thing would be making it worthwhile for a team to travel and race, so some series sponsors would be required. (quadshop, burgard cycle, and many other companies would jump at the chance to be involved with kids) not too mention hetrick racing, eastside motorsports, robbs racing and the others that would benefit monetarily from direct sponsorship.

race facilities would be the next hurdle, and shouldnt really be that hard to obtain although setting schedules is a huge pain it can be done.

so i dunno...does it sound like im dreaming or have given this a bit of thought

:p

bradley300
05-20-2004, 08:54 AM
i got a race track for ya pappy, challenging, but nothing a 90 couldnt handle;)

300exOH
05-20-2004, 10:38 AM
It would be great to have a GNCC series for youths. After taking my 2 kids to the Orrville TT/Flattrack races they are pumped to race. That was the first thing out of my daughters mouth.:devil: I think a youth series in the Ohio, WV, PA area would go over very well.

The only thing that worries me is when a kid gets hurt. How will the public react? These anti atv tree huggers would have a field day with that one. Just a thought.

Either way my kids would be in.

Johnny & Monica
05-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
my biggest down fall as a person is that when i want something...i get it.

i see it this way.

right now there is a huge demand for kids series. very few states or districts offer it and when they do its normally a success. most parents tell me that they race but withhold from traveling because the promotors usually offer very short moto's or in gncc racing a 20 minute race. the kids are usually a side show and meant to entertain the parents and kids before the real event takes place (ofcourse we pay full gate fee's and race admissions)

a dedicated series of say 20 races, designed for kids completely would attract a huge following in very short order. the largest obstacle would be promotion (exriders, atv sport and other places are already available for getting the word out) the next big thing would be making it worthwhile for a team to travel and race, so some series sponsors would be required. (quadshop, burgard cycle, and many other companies would jump at the chance to be involved with kids) not too mention hetrick racing, eastside motorsports, robbs racing and the others that would benefit monetarily from direct sponsorship.

race facilities would be the next hurdle, and shouldnt really be that hard to obtain although setting schedules is a huge pain it can be done.

so i dunno...does it sound like im dreaming or have given this a bit of thought

:p

Look`s like you did your home work, An I agree.I just wish we lived more east.We`re north of kanasa city mo. All the good thing`s start out east it seem`s.:macho are you planning on keeping it close to eastcoast or spreading a little this way?Good luck an keep us posted on it all.It does sound interesting.

QuadJunkies
05-21-2004, 12:25 AM
Look`s like you did your home work, An I agree.I just wish we lived more east.We`re north of kanasa city mo. All the good thing`s start out east it seem`s.:macho are you planning on keeping it close to eastcoast or spreading a little this way?Good luck an keep us posted on it all.It does sound interesting. Im like you are..WAY too far out of the way for us or I would be there in a heartbeat....:( The minis are finally getting some notice here,I hope it grows more and more.........:)