PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Time!

andrew360
05-20-2004, 12:26 AM
Man, I love this time of year! I just got back from spending beaucoup bucks on some killer pyro displays! Thanks god I didn't get caught crossing back into Illinois, they could'a probably got me for Interstate Trafficking. Anyhow, I get a serious kick out of putting on a "show" for the family and the neighborhood kids (doing mine on the third this year, big-az cookout and the whole nine yards) and it's worht every penny to me. I have a 330 foot deep back yard, and I usually zip-tie around 8 - 10 pre-cut pieces of PVC to the chain link fence across the back; this way, I can set up multiple shots and not worry about reusing the chintzy cardboard mortars the aerials come with. I also built up a fixture that will allow me to set up 8 aerial mortars in a circular fashion (each one is angled out at about 15 degrees); I set up some hobby fuse so they'll all go off at the same time, and in the middle of this fixture I'll have a 100 shot repeater go off. You just gotta love a country that celebrates it's birthday by blowing sh*t up!!!!

MOFO
05-20-2004, 05:17 AM
LOL we are the same way.... for as long as I can remember, my father would put on a VERY large display of fireworks in our back yard. Now we both get into it so the display is twice as large....the past 2 years we managed to get our hands on some commercial grade fireworks (Zambelli stuff! :eek: ). I'm currently working on my home made electronic igniter. We found out the hard way that the commercial stuff CAN NOT be lite with an open flame...the wick is around 5ft long but burns up in about 1 second....needs a remote igniter.

This thread reminds me to give my dad a call and see when we are going to make our annual trip.

LOL I hear ya about crossing the border... they are illegal in PA as well.... if they stopped us, they would chit their pants seeing what we have... :devil:

redroost85
05-20-2004, 07:18 AM
:rolleyes: Time to make the run to good ole Ohio right Mofo, lol! There is a great place just off Rt.7 going up the river past Weirton Steel.....:devil: I have spent many a dollar in that place!

This reminds me....time to make MY run!:devil:

Fuchs105
05-20-2004, 08:16 AM
oh yeah, we are having a huge party the 3rd with some commerciel fireworks (Zambellis) hahahaha! John you coming? Were gonna blow something up! Everyone else on exriders is invited too!!!!!!!!!

redroost85
05-20-2004, 09:04 AM
You know me Mikey, anytime there is explosions and beer....I'm there!:devil: As long as I don't mix the two, I should be good. You know too much brew then trying to light some TNT is not a good thing.:eek2:

Therefore, I shall detonate some impressive powders.....then....bring on the brewmeister, lol!:D :devil:

Fuchs105
05-20-2004, 11:42 AM
oh yeah, there shall be flames, then there shall be the yegermeister!