PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Doctor today

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-19-2004, 09:59 PM
I was hoping they would take the pins out today. They took the cast off (so I thought my chances were good) took some xrays Doc came in said there wasn't any infection around the pins so we are going to leave them in for 2 more weeks and put another cast on :macho I did get to check out the pins kind of freaky Colby took some pics :D

batgeek
05-19-2004, 10:01 PM
now that looks pretty wicked!
looks like someone used your wrist as an allen wrench pincushion:blah:

heal up quick :)

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-19-2004, 10:01 PM
my left arm is about half the size of my right arm :rolleyes:

Urpoisonddream
05-19-2004, 10:02 PM
HOLY!!! ouch dude, it looks cool though

SGA
05-19-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
Went to the Doctor today
And he said you're pregnant! Let me be the first to congratulate you!:D;)

Quad18star
05-19-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by SGA
And he said you're pregnant! Let me be the first to congratulate you!:D;) I heard it was twins also .....Congrats !!! ;):p

QuadJunkies
05-20-2004, 12:10 AM
DOH!!!!!! I remember when I got two compund fratures of my Elbow and them taking the pics out,it was the grossest feeling......:huh . Just try and take it easy for a bit aftewards and dont push it too soon!!!;)

400exmom
05-20-2004, 05:33 AM
:eek2: OUCH!! get better soon we have a game of chase to play in iowa chicy!;)

05-20-2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Urpoisonddream
HOLY!!! ouch dude, it looks cool though

Shes not a dude she's a dudette....:blah:

Get better soon Dusty.

xr50layke
05-20-2004, 06:24 AM
pretty grewsome, have you seen leg pins? ewww

redroost85
05-20-2004, 07:10 AM
Whew Dusty, that's some freaky chit!:huh

Is there gonna be any rehab involved to help with your arm?

Just think....all this time off of racing will make you faster later, lol!:devil:

Hammer trx450r
05-20-2004, 07:12 AM
I was hoping they would take the pins out today. They took the cast off (so I thought my chances were good) took some xrays Doc came in said there wasn't any infection around the pins so we are going to leave them in for 2 more weeks and put another cast on :macho I did get to check out the pins kind of freaky Colby took some pics :D

Actually that is a very good sign. Good luck with rehab its gonna hurt:blah:

spincr4hire
05-20-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
Actually that is a very good sign. Good luck with rehab its gonna hurt:blah:

women have a high threshold for pain, I'm sure she can handle it.
good luck Dusty!

remlapr
05-20-2004, 07:41 AM
Ouch - and don't you even wear wrist braces? The must have been a nasty wreck.

400exmom
05-20-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
Ouch - and don't you even wear wrist braces? The must have been a nasty wreck. im pretty sure she finished over half a lap at the gncc after she did that:eek2:

XANDADA
05-20-2004, 07:59 AM
whoa:eek2: that makes me light headed just looking at that. Hope everything is ok Dusty, well wishes & speedy recovery...

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-20-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by SGA
And he said you're pregnant! Let me be the first to congratulate you!:D;)

Thats not cool :macho j/k

don't get me wrong I like kids just don't want to have any of my own for a while ;)

sly400ex
05-20-2004, 08:36 AM
Glad to hear everything is healing well...you'll be tearing it up again in no time!!!!;)

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
Ouch - and don't you even wear wrist braces? The must have been a nasty wreck.

I think I would have felt better if I would have piled it up, but the only story I can tell is that I cased a double at the TN GNCC, I hit pretty hard felt like I jammed my wrist wen't over the table top tried to pull in the clutch around the corner and that was impossible, so I limped it to the check point and called her quits.

As for the wrist braces I know that I will be wearing them from now on, and drinking a lot more milk ;)

The Doc didn't say anything about rehab but I am sure he will spring that on me in 2 weeks

He said not to be worried about getting the pins out it will fill like an ouch and go away, I think he is filling me full of bull, so for those that have had them taken out tell me what it was like please

400exmom, I can't wait to get back on the track don't get me wrong I had fun taking pictures at the Brooks race but I really wished I would have been racing in the morning. are you going to Bussey?

Thanks for all the get wells, makes me feel like there is hope :D

LTandRaptorider
05-20-2004, 09:21 AM
I hated when they cut the cast off... hoping they have the cut-off saw set to the right depth!:eek2:

Good luck, and make sure you let it heal before riding.;)

400exmom
05-20-2004, 09:55 AM

400exmom, I can't wait to get back on the track don't get me wrong I had fun taking pictures at the Brooks race but I really wished I would have been racing in the morning. are you going to Bussey?

yes! sure would be nice to find some illinois folks to go and split travel cost~

Hammer trx450r
05-20-2004, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
[B]He said not to be worried about getting the pins out it will fill like an ouch and go away, I think he is filling me full of bull, so for those that have had them taken out tell me what it was like please

Mine felt like a deep burning sensation that lasted a couple of seconds followed by tenderness, not bad considering. As for the muscle going limp they say that if you still workout the rest of the body, that muscle will stay firm even in a cast.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-20-2004, 10:28 AM
so what you are telling me is I need to work out :eek:

I know what you mean I have been trying to get Nebraska people to go to help split travel expenses and its like tring to take candy away from a kid (its not going to happen).

SGA
05-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Thats not cool :macho j/k
Sorry. I'll go sit in the corner for a time out.

You're a good looking woman, if you ever want kids, give me a call.;)

QuadJunkies
05-20-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Sorry. I'll go sit in the corner for a time out.

You're a good looking woman, if you ever want kids, give me a call.;) :eek: :o :devil:

SGA
05-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
:eek: :o :devil:
Whatta you fussing about?
You're a good looking woman also and the offer is open to you too! :)
Now where did I put that chocolate syrup?:devil:

Dan_Guetter
05-20-2004, 01:25 PM
OUCH!!!!! Damn

kinda reminds me of my ER visits:o

Tommy 17
05-20-2004, 01:54 PM
dusty THEY DON'T HURT gettin them takin out... mine were way bigger then that and it honestly didn't hurt bad... yeah it was some pain but nothing unbearable... i just didn't look... it almost felt like it burned instead of like a hitting pain...

did they clean them with rubbin alcohol yet???? they had to clean mine down to the bone with it 3 times a day for 3 months... i can't even smell rubbing alcohol now without pukin or passing out:(

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-20-2004, 02:17 PM
lol, no rubbing alcohol yet that doesn't sound like you had much fun
knowing my luck they go to pull on the pins and they are stuck :rolleyes:

JOEX
05-20-2004, 08:44 PM
That hurts just looking at it:eek2:

SGA, since you're going to be busy, what's your wife doing this weekend?:devil:

SGA
05-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
That hurts just looking at it:eek2:

SGA, since you're going to be busy, what's your wife doing this weekend?:devil:
Well now! I forgot about that part of it, I think i'll just stay home.:o

QuadJunkies
05-21-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Now where did I put that chocolate syrup?:devil: I believe its by the Can of whipped cream.........:D

DESDAK4
05-21-2004, 12:39 AM
Yes, Yes, whipped cream it should be. I am on the Atkins diet and have to stay trim.:D :D :D .

Jay
BS Racing

TORO1968
05-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by DESDAK4
I am the Atkins diet...

You ARE the Atkins diet? Hmm...interesting... :D

05-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by DESDAK4
I am the Atkins diet

Atkins450 claims his dad invented you then

j/patkins :blah:

DESDAK4
05-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Yeah, Yeah I went and fixed it. I guess the beer got to me a little:D .

Jay
BS Racing

sparks400
05-23-2004, 09:40 PM
that look soo cool, but it aint, my friend wants to break a leg, so he can get girls all over him lol, im like go for it ur leg not mine, good luck with ur arm

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Another step closer to being able to ride :D

I got the pins taken out today, I will tell you it was more than an ouch :grr: I think the last one hurt the most it was in their good. It was more of a burning sensation like it was on fire. I am suprised Colby still has a right hand I was squeezing it pretty hard and I will admit I had a tear in each eye from all the pain :(

I get to start physical therapy and hopefully riding in a week or so :macho

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-02-2004, 07:01 PM
sharing more pictures :)

LTandRaptorider
06-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Ouch! Hope your PT goes well. Let it heal! I don't care what anyone says... broken bones aren't cool! I'm a GD weather station from the couple I've broken. :rolleyes:

Hammer trx450r
06-02-2004, 07:35 PM
alittle burning sensation and it wasnt bad? where did i hear that before:cool:

JOEX
06-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Isn't riding considered physical therapy?:p

LTandRaptorider
06-02-2004, 09:59 PM
Isn't riding considered physical therapy?:p

That was the way I took it... but then again, I've never been all that smart. :p

SGA
06-03-2004, 12:02 AM
Thats good news that its healing ok. Dont push riding, let that wrist heal good before you ride. Also you will prob want to get a wrist brace when riding. Get the elastic kind with velcro straps that has plastic ribs in it to keep your wrist straight. I used one when I messed my wrist up. They work great. Takes a little getting used to when riding, but worth it.

QuadJunkies
06-03-2004, 12:27 AM
Isn't riding considered physical therapy?:p and Mental!!!:blah: .....lol

86350x
06-03-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Whatta you fussing about?
You're a good looking woman also and the offer is open to you too! :)
Now where did I put that chocolate syrup?:devil:

Man, get your mind out of the gutter!:confused:

That looks terrible, go easy on that wrist and get well soon.

Martin Blair
06-03-2004, 01:09 AM
Looks like that hurt. A cheerleader at our school broke here femur trying to copy a senior and amy ended up with a pin in it for about 6 months, it was about 3/8in dia. thought not like those little ones, but I bet the still hurt.

knock on wood I have never been hurt worse then a spraned ankle riding, even when my foot fell of the peg landing on the double I fell of the bike but just twisted my ankle.

I hate when doctors say this wont hurt a bit because you no it will hurt like a sob then.

Tommy 17
06-03-2004, 07:46 AM
dusty now u can be like me and make a plaque out of the pins and hang them on ur wall...

next time u have some friends over whip them things out and watch them run:devil:

i'll get u a picture of my pins in a lil bit...

seven
06-03-2004, 09:00 AM
I shattered both wrists about 6 months ago and they were pretty good after 6 weeks. Now only one wrist bothers me but I have 6 screws and a metal plate in it. http://idahomx.home.mindspring.com/DSCN0529.JPG

zephead400ex
06-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Have you ever had sting pulled out of your 'wang'? I had a kidney stone and the doc had to do surgery to get it out...yes...they went in through the natural hole in my wang and went and cut the stone and pulled it out. Because they ripped the flesh going in, I had a (what looked like) electrical wire hanging out my manhood for 6 days. It went thorugh my manhood, looped into my bladder, then looped into my kidney, about 18 inches of 'wire'. When the doc pulled it out...that was pain:eek2: Sorry, didn't take any picture of that:devil:

Get well Dusty!

PHAT400
06-03-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Have you ever had sting pulled out of your 'wang'? I had a kidney stone and the doc had to do surgery to get it out...yes...they went in through the natural hole in my wang and went and cut the stone and pulled it out. Because they ripped the flesh going in, I had a (what looked like) electrical wire hanging out my manhood for 6 days. It went thorugh my manhood, looped into my bladder, then looped into my kidney, about 18 inches of 'wire'. When the doc pulled it out...that was pain:eek2: Sorry, didn't take any picture of that:devil:

Get well Dusty!

DUDE:eek2: I COULD HAVE GONE THE REST OF MY LIFE WITHOUT HEARING THAT...:grr: DAYUM....

LTandRaptorider
06-03-2004, 01:28 PM

Get well Dusty!

Ha! reminds me of something I went through a couple of times... while checking for something else, they went up the... wang. I woke up in recovery, with blood all over my berries and thighs. The nurse came in with a wash basin, but first told me to take a leak. That was the worst pain I've ever been through! :eek2: Chunks of stuff came out... :eek2: She then proceded to clean me up... being the perv I am, even in that much pain, I had to resist the urge to ask if she was the 'head' nurse! The doctor told me while they where in there, they had to inflate the device, which caused some tearing... :eek: I didn't get pics either... :p And I'll never go through that again. Death would be more pleasurable... ;)

QuadJunkies
06-03-2004, 04:32 PM

Get well Dusty!

Im not even going to touch that............:huh :eek2: :eek: :o

AtvMxRider
06-03-2004, 04:40 PM

LMGDFAO I'm laughing so hard I can't even come up with a good reply:devil:

seven
06-03-2004, 04:55 PM

Good thing, Troy would probably be mad!

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-03-2004, 05:06 PM
Not to be mean seven but I am so glad that is you and not me :eek2:

I do know what it feels like to have a kidney stone surgically removed had that done same day the 9-11 attacks started. Thank god I wasn't awake for the surgery, being awake to have the stint removed was bad enough, shoving long steel rods in places that were not meant to be, not cool.

I was also LMAO reading your posts, you guys are too funny,

Hammer trx450r
06-03-2004, 05:43 PM

Get well Dusty!

Hey not to one up you but I had a clogged kidney! I wish i had a wire go up there, instead i had a 1/4 scope go up my manhood to my kidney to remove stent:eek2: In the docs office with a towel in my mouth and 2 nurses holding my arms. Doc told me im the only man that could tell a woman that childbirth is a peice of cake.. Kidney stones, haha, try blowing your kidney up to 3 times its normal size!! It took 5 full needles of morphine to shut me up.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-03-2004, 06:27 PM
Hey not to one up you but I had a clogged kidney! I wish i had a wire go up there, instead i had a 1/4 scope go up my manhood to my kidney to remove stent:eek2: In the docs office with a towel in my mouth and 2 nurses holding my arms. Doc told me im the only man that could tell a woman that childbirth is a peice of cake.. Kidney stones, haha, try blowing your kidney up to 3 times its normal size!! It took 5 full needles of morphine to shut me up.

glad I don't go to your doctor :eek2: Why didn't they put you under:huh that is just plain torture, Morphine that is bad stuff for me makes the room spin circles

06-03-2004, 06:30 PM

Sounds like ya got more than a kidney stone....:eek2: :D :eek2:

QuadJunkies
06-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by seven
Good thing, Troy would probably be mad! LOL!!!! I didint mean it like THAT!!:blah: :devil: MAd would be an understatement......:macho

Hammer trx450r
06-03-2004, 06:36 PM
after 14 days in hospital, cut from belly button to middle of back like a pez despenser i had the choice. go back in for sugery 2 day stay or do it in his office and go home. he told me that after what ive been through i should be able to take it. he was wronge!! He said he will never do it again after me.

Hammer trx450r
06-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Sounds like ya got more than a kidney stone....:eek2: :D :eek2:

they called it "prolapst kidney" i think. been 4 yrs

redrunner
06-03-2004, 06:42 PM
like I told you it wont hurt but feel great after there out. but ouch what a pain to do anything, just got off these stupid crutches.

LTandRaptorider
06-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by redrunner
like I told you it wont hurt but feel great after there out. but ouch what a pain to do anything, just got off these stupid crutches.

Do what I did when I got off my crutches... I threw the dam things on a bonfire! Next time I'm getting the good aluminum ones! ;)